magical messages from the fairies,new by doreen virtue!

Jewel

Oh crud! I have been on wild binge this week. I do want it, but better pass for now. I'll go add that to my wishlist ~sighs~. Based on the image on the box, it reminds me of the faeries book she put out last year, which had some gorgeous faeries in it.

Pao

i would actually like to see images because I dont like her other fairy deck. :(

Little Hare

Good lord!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but *why* must she release another faery deck? I admired her when her first books and decks came out even if I didn't particularly like some of them, but now it really does seem like a money making scheme.

Alot of her faerie imagery i can't even relate to because they don't seem like faeries to me

I Hope those who get this deck really enjoy it though

:heart:
P_P

gorgeousbutterfly

you are right she just wants money. i can't take her seriously anymore but if the deck is nice i'd use it for the imaginary.

Aerin

I'll only get it if I can a) get it very cheap and b) like the pictures.

I mean, how different can it be from the decks of hers I have already? (Healing wih Angels/ ditto Fairies/ Unicorns and Mermaids).

Aerin

Faolainn Storm

Interesting. Like most of you, I will have to see these cards before I buy. I do like her cards. Unfortunately I've got to agree there are rather a lot of them, and that if you have a lot of her decks, they do tend to get rather repetitive. Same messages, different people. So as I said, I want to see them before parting with my cash. Especially as there's not so much cash around, and lots and lots of decks.

Faolainn Storm

ETA: Just had a look at the Hay House site and got this blurb:

"This easy-to-use deck of oracle cards is appropriate for beginners as well as those experienced with divination cards. Fairies are beloved “nature angels” who, since they’re so close to the earth, are brilliant at healing and helping with everyday concerns such as relationships, health issues, and finances.
Each card has a gorgeous painting of fairies and a message or answer for you. All of the paintings and messages are suitable for children as well as adults. The enclosed guidebook walks you through the steps for giving an oracle reading for yourself or others, and outlines the extended meanings behind each card."

Suitable for children??? This rings alarm bells. I like her decks, they're usually light but not too light. But this sounds syrupy sweet. Not a trait I like in my fairies! :grin:

bershka

I was just about to echo what Faolainn Storm said.

Her messages are repetitive in each of her deck. I used to love collecting all her decks, but I have moved on and I hardly to connect to her decks now.

Personally, I find it pointless to purchase another deck from her because I am delighted with Froud's Faeries at the moment :D :D

Pao

I think it may be because her decks could possibly be for everyone, the general public interested in angels and fairies and/or beginners. People like us who read more frequently and are readers find these somewhat trivial and repetitive, I know I do and dont think I want any more of her decks because they are all pretty much the same. and also they are probably meant to just buy one or two not the whole pack of them lol like we do with our deck addictions!! :joke:
I dont have any fairy decks because i cant find one that beautiful enough but if I like this deck (which I doubt) Ill get it. we shall see. :)

Elven

peace_pixie said:
Good lord!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but *why* must she release another faery deck? I admired her when her first books and decks came out even if I didn't particularly like some of them, but now it really does seem like a money making scheme.

Alot of her faerie imagery i can't even relate to because they don't seem like faeries to me

I Hope those who get this deck really enjoy it though

:heart:
P_P

I have to agree here peace-pixie ...
I have her decks and enjoy them, but for now, I have all I need fae wise from Doreen.

Maybe those people new to decks might pick this one up, I'd say it would be more available, and maybe this deck will supersede her others, but I find them oddly disjointed because of the pictures at times, they dont seem to make a 'set' .... but, I also feel she might be inclined to be pushed by publishers too, to re create something thats working (formula) ... but these rote decks ... Id like to see her delve away from this and do something totally dark and off the cuff! Now that would be an image makeover if ever there was one LOL!!

Happy Virtuous shuffling everyone
Cheers
Elven x