Job Expectations

rainwolf

This is a spread for what to expect for a job. The first five cards are a quick present and future. Four pairs of cards lie in the corners and correspond to directional attributions.

13/9........................................10/6
........5.......4.......3.......2.......1..............B
12/8........................................11/7

1 is the present
5 is the future (I'd say 6 months at most)
2-4 is the time between, but does not necessarily have to be even in time.

Before you start the reading, you should decide whether you want the timeline to go by chronology, or instead give you a more 'event'-based timespan. The former will show things leading to things in a more logical order, and the latter will give a picture of important events to YOU, so someone reading for you may not see the significance you would.

The 'B' way out on the right side near present is an optional card. It is drawn from the bottom of the stack you are reading from, and tells where you are coming from--and what you are bringing as a result. I put it as optional because you may want to start fresh and not worry about the past. Also for the reason that it may be a card that would have appeared somewhere else if not used. It is drawn after all 13 cards are placed.

Cards 6 and 10 are in the northeast corner and correspond to money and mentality; this is the position of pay.

Cards 7 and 11 are in the southeast corner and correspond to social situations (work) and mentality; this is the position of hopes and fears.

Cards 8 and 12 are in the southwest corner and correspond to social situations and love/partnership; this is the position of coworkers.

Cards 9 and 13 are in the northwest corner and correspond to money and love/partnership; this is the position of job satisfaction.

The corners above are pretty self explanatory and I don't think extra explanation would be helpful. (But ask if you have questions) I think it would be interesting to play around with the symmetry of this spread (as you may have noticed with my other spreads). For example, if you draw a line right down the middle, bisecting card 3, see how the two north corners and south corners mirror each other; are there major differences? Similarities? Do they seem to relate to each other? Numerology or astrology involved?

The same can be done bisecting across the timeline; how do the easts and wests compare? Diagonals are another line that comes to mind. You could also compare the corners to the timeline individually and see what comes up (little messages? these cards are filled with symbolism!)

tkellyd

What to expect

Hello Rainwolf:

I've just gotten back online after being away (in training) for a while. I'll do the spread in the morning and let you know how it goes. It seems to be a little involved for me (lots of cards) but I'm sure that I can get through it (I'm resourceful in many areas!). And thanks!

- tkellyd

rainwolf

I think you'll find this spread to be easier than you think. The last part was only a suggestion, and you can still get out a great deal of information from the positions alone.

tkellyd

Hello Rainwolf:

I did the spread last night and it was a little confusing. I did the reading by cronology. Cards one through five I corresponded to the next five weeks and the interpretation was fine. As I am not that advanced I was not sure how to read the dual corner cards (i.e., the northeast cards, 10 [mentality] and 6 [money]) and how they relate [dually] to pay unless, of course, I want to know how I feel about the pay (and I don't think that I need to pull cards for that).

If this is so, then the reading is more about how I feel and/or what I think, rather than what is actually going on (is this correct, and if not, help me get pointed in the right direction - no pun intended!).

Also, I did not use the 'B' card, although I may next time.

- tkellyd

rainwolf

The corners can be read just as two cards relating to pay, coworkers, etc.

For example, if the hierophant and the 8 of pentacles came up for coworkers, I would say 'fitting in with your coworkers will come naturally as you concentrate on your job'.

Does that make sense? I think you may be thinking too hard :)

tkellyd

Hello Rainwolf:

I have a bad habit of doing that! I'll try it again.

- tkellyd

Venessa

rainwolf, thanks for posting this spread. It has come at the right time. My husband has been offered several jobs in the last few months where they have actually came to him to see if he'd be interested in working for them. Anyways, I will have to try this for him on one of his days off, but I will get back to you in case I have any questions (if that is all right). Really, this is exactly what we needed right now! Weird how these things work out! And thanks for pm'ing me to let me know about this spread you did!

always
Venessa