A palmistry question - Fate Line (or the lack there of)

MareSaturni

Hummm... hopefully someone here will be able to help me :)

I started reading books on Palmistry a while ago. Not much, because i didn't find many here where i live. I've been also reading some of the posts in the forum... there are many interesting ones.

I am using my own hand to study it, before moving to analyze other people's. I'm right-handed.

I just noticed that my hand has no sign whatsoever of a Fate Line. I read somewhere, i think it was in a palmistry post by Alissa, that it means a person that hasn't quite defined herself. It suits me, i guess.

But i was curious about it... many of the more traditional sources mention it as being the line of the work, of the material success etc. Does not having it means that this person will probably have a unstable material life? Unstable jobs, not a very certain career and all?

I'd like some opinions here. The truth is that i have only three real lines in my hand: the life line, the heart line (ending under the middle finger) and a a head line (it ends between the pinky and the ring finger, and it's forked). I see in the books they mentioning many lines such as Girdle of Venus, Intuitive Lines, Venus Lines, Mercury Lines, and i don't see a single of them in my hand :(

Am i lacking so many things? :joke:

Alissa

It's always hard to read a palm without seeing it, because sometimes I point out a line to someone and they say, "Oh! THAT's my Fate line?" and it turns out they were just misinterpretting their own palm lines.

But yes, in general, I do see palms that lack a Fate/Ego line. And yes, in general, this lack of a line can be a sign that the sitter's sense of themselves (that is, how they define themselves, not how others categorize and define them) has not come together. It may be fear that has kept them from embracing certain roles in life, or that they simply have not found a direction (be that familial or vocational) to direct themselves towards.

I hope this helps, and many blessings!

OmSeaweed

Hi Marina,

Something like 12-13 yrs ago I used to read palms down at our college coffee house, it's been ages, but I'd be willing to dust off the old tomes and give it another go again for a short reading, akin to a 3-card tarot reading, if you're game (besides, it'll help me get oriented using speech recognition on this new system, lol.) I'm trying to think of a good way to send a really clear, easy to read pic of your palms, though... let me give it a "think."

Lack of a fate line isn't anything to worry about : ) Depending on the source, a faint or non-existing fate line on your dominant hand can mean a host of things--

*Anything from your future not being as written in stone as those with deeply, almost carved-in looking fate lines to...

*You being a free spirit,

*A jack of all trades (which might need focusing, lol,) or...

*It may be that the forces which will shape/direct your life haven't coalesced yet (which was my case until recent years, so I can empathize with you a bit :) )

One of the best points of reference for what gifts you have to draw from is often the fate line in your non-dominant hand--they say the non-dominant hand is what you're born with and the dominant hand is what you create.

Take Care!
OmSeaweed

OmSeaweed

(My bad beforehand, I saw both names and mixed them.)

Hello, Marina

It's OmSeaweed ॐ

If you'd be interested in a reading like mentioned above, a good quality digital camera should produce a readable print of your main lines (particularly, you can enhance the appearance of your lines if you rub a tiny bit of oil into them before taking pictures.) The camera I have has a little button for taking close ups--pictures about 4" from the camera's shutter. While this may be too close to envision the entire palm (fate line area,) at least it would give you some idea whether your camera might be capable of focusing clearly at close ranges.

Peace!

(p.s. Having someone else take the pics might give you the steadiest shots, too.)

MareSaturni

Thanks Alissa and OmSeaweed, for your answers!

Well, now that i began reading more books and inspecting my hand more carefully, i noticed that i do have a Fate line. Lol! I just hadn't noticed it because it's split in two!

The first part is longer, it begins at the Neptune mount (between the Luna and Venus mounts) and goes until it almost touches the Head line - almost, it doesn't touch it. Then it only starts again from the Heart line, across the Saturn mount straight towards the middle finger - which leads me to believe this is the rest of my Fate line. This second part is shorter, but it's much stronger than the first.

Why the gap between Head and Heart lines? No idea. I'll have to study this more.

I must say i'm positively fascinated by this art. I began noticing people's hand, not only the lines and shapes, but also the way people use them... our hands tell so much about us, and we don't even notice it!