A vision about an old friend...

EmpressArwen

I was meditating the other day and had a very lengthy vision. Most of it I understood or was able to get the informatin confirmed by my mother. But one part is truly perplexing...

In the vision, I was sitting on a porch swing (this was all set in my deceased grandma's backyard btw...but the ground was made out of sand that you could form into little balls...like that Magic Sand stuff) and I realized that someone was sitting with me. I turn and its a guy I was friends with a looong time ago. He and I had a strange relationship but that was almost 20 years ago and I haven't seen him since. He got into serious trouble about 4 years (it made the local paper) and spend 3 years in prison.

So once I noticed him, I was like "oh hey." we sat in silence for a moment and I turned to him and said, "are you dead?" He looked irritated by the question and said, "I don't want to talk about that. Why does everyone want to talk about that?" I felt bad that I had upset him and told him that I was sorry. He said, "No, it's ok...I just think there is more to life than that."

That was it...but here's the thing, I don't think he's dead. He was seen less than a month ago and I'm assuming if he died, his obit would be in the paper.

So if he's not dead, and all signs point to him being alive, what could this mean? Any ideas? It's very confusing because I haven't thought about him in ages and he hasn't been a part of my life for a long time...hmmmm.

LittleOne

I don't really know but it is making me think of turning over a new leaf and the past being dead, something that can't be changed anymore.

He doesn't want to talk about the things that he cannot change in the past, the past is dead, but life continues and you can't be held back by things that are no longer.

Smiling

Maybe it's a message to check on him, and see how he's doing. Hopefully, he's still alive (!) but may be going through a rough patch?

I remember a while back I had a strong feeling to look up my first love, years after I had last seen or heard about him. When I googled his name, his Facebook popped up, and there was a message that his family had posted that he had just passed on into spirit! So I realized that somehow I had been prodded to check up on him, and I felt that he wanted me to have that news.

Not saying that this means dire news about your friend, and I do hope he is just fine!

EmpressArwen

I don't really know but it is making me think of turning over a new leaf and the past being dead, something that can't be changed anymore.

He doesn't want to talk about the things that he cannot change in the past, the past is dead, but life continues and you can't be held back by things that are no longer.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure he does want to leave his past behind..move beyond his terrible decisions and his prison time. Thanks. I hadn't thought of that angle.

But now I'm wondering why would that message come to me...from him of all people?? Very perplexing.

Thanks again! Very helpful!

EmpressArwen

Maybe it's a message to check on him, and see how he's doing. Hopefully, he's still alive (!) but may be going through a rough patch?

I remember a while back I had a strong feeling to look up my first love, years after I had last seen or heard about him. When I googled his name, his Facebook popped up, and there was a message that his family had posted that he had just passed on into spirit! So I realized that somehow I had been prodded to check up on him, and I felt that he wanted me to have that news.

Not saying that this means dire news about your friend, and I do hope he is just fine!

Unfortunately, I could never reach out to him. He was very obsessive with me back in the day. He always had a "dark side" and he committed a violent crime against one of his exes...so not someone I would ever invite back into my life...for any reason. Shudder.

I do hope he is fine and wish him well. I never thought about checking on facebook. I know someone who would be friends with him on there if he has an account (since I don't)...maybe they can check.

Thanks!

LittleOne

That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure he does want to leave his past behind..move beyond his terrible decisions and his prison time. Thanks. I hadn't thought of that angle.

But now I'm wondering why would that message come to me...from him of all people?? Very perplexing.

Thanks again! Very helpful!

Maybe spirit is seeing some sort of link between his situation and yours or there is a message you could prehaps take away from it. Some part to be substituted?

I dreamt about an ex boyfriend the other night - he is a person I communicated with very easily and still do talk to him. I was yelling at him about how we don't communicate and everything is difficult and I don't feel like I can talk to him.

I had to reflect a bit on the dream. I had some real communication problems with a more recent ex and everything I had yelled at the dream ex was what I want to say to this recent ex. So I think my dream had subbied in the ex I'm comfortable talking to as a sort of lesson or question to myself as to why this recent ex has to be different. Does that make sense..? Hahaha.

EmpressArwen

Maybe spirit is seeing some sort of link between his situation and yours or there is a message you could prehaps take away from it. Some part to be substituted?

I dreamt about an ex boyfriend the other night - he is a person I communicated with very easily and still do talk to him. I was yelling at him about how we don't communicate and everything is difficult and I don't feel like I can talk to him.

I had to reflect a bit on the dream. I had some real communication problems with a more recent ex and everything I had yelled at the dream ex was what I want to say to this recent ex. So I think my dream had subbied in the ex I'm comfortable talking to as a sort of lesson or question to myself as to why this recent ex has to be different. Does that make sense..? Hahaha.

It does make sense. I will have to ponder this.

If I think about just what was said between us, to paraphrase..."there is more to life than being dead" or "there is more to life than death". Hmmm. Very cryptic but my initial gut reaction to that would be that I need to get out and live more, not get too wrapped up in my meditations, which often involves the dead. If I think about who he is to me in my memory, and where he ended up...I think of obsession and prison. So maybe don't let myself get obsessed with my meditations or I'll be in a prison of my own making...like not living life because I'm too involved in the dead. lol If that makes any sense.

I will have to think on this more. Thanks again!

anie

That is a very interesting experience..
For me personally when that happens, its usually a premonition to seeing the person.

I will dream about someone, usually a few times and then with in days/weeks I will all of a sudden see them somewhere... or I will get important news about them.

The connection definitely comes for a reason. sometimes you have to just sit back a watch/wait for it with a keen open eye :).

Hope you have your answer soon. Personally, I know I cant' stop thinking about it until they reveal themselves or the purpose.

LittleOne

That is a very interesting experience..
For me personally when that happens, its usually a premonition to seeing the person.

I will dream about someone, usually a few times and then with in days/weeks I will all of a sudden see them somewhere... or I will get important news about them.

The connection definitely comes for a reason. sometimes you have to just sit back a watch/wait for it with a keen open eye :).

Hope you have your answer soon. Personally, I know I cant' stop thinking about it until they reveal themselves or the purpose.

This is true. I dreamt about an ex once (I seem to have a lot of ex dream stories....anyway) and he was telling me that he had moved (from the tiny remote place he was living) to Melbourne. Not long after that I came across him on Facebook and he had moved - not to Melbourne but to one of the other state capitals.

Anie might be right, maybe it is something to come. A premonition.

Smiling

Unfortunately, I could never reach out to him. He was very obsessive with me back in the day. He always had a "dark side" and he committed a violent crime against one of his exes...so not someone I would ever invite back into my life...for any reason. Shudder.

I do hope he is fine and wish him well. I never thought about checking on facebook. I know someone who would be friends with him on there if he has an account (since I don't)...maybe they can check.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that this was a difficult relationship. Sounds like you know best what to do...best wishes :heart: