A vision of the all seeing eye on my Palm?

MagsStardustBlack

I was in a state of awake but drowsy and I had a vision of my right Palm with the 'third eye' on it. And my Palm was being smudged with some kind of moist powder in red and blue. Then I was standing with my hand held out in a 'stop' sign in front of me.

Very interesting yet weird. More a vision or message being received than a dream.

I have recently been being drawn to a Goddess and my spiritual self is growing and changing recently. But I know nothing about this symbol in my vision. Any help or insight would be appreciated [emoji813]

celticnoodle

This sounds like "The Hand of Fatima" , which is an Islamic symbol. I looked that up to be sure and it sounds much like this to me.

The Hand of Fatima is a sign of protection against evil---and especially if it is the right hand. So, it is a sign of protection and strength.

You can find a lot of these in various Middle East cultures (as in jewelry or items to hang in your home, etc) that offers protection to the person wearing it or displaying it in their home. It is quite a common item to see there.

So as for you holding your right hand out as if to stop someone/something--it is indicating that you are protected and they are to stop trying to come forward to do you any harm.

The red and blue powder, I haven't any clue to. Perhaps it is linked with the Goddess you are drawn to and perhaps she is protecting you from any evil?

UrbanBramble

What Goddess are you being drawn to working with?

Brigid is represented by the colors red (the Forge) and blue (the Well). She is one of my patron goddesses, because she came to me in a dream.

Intuitively I'm not getting that for you though, especially if the vision of your hand is tied to the hand of Fatima. Different pantheons, different cultures...

You may want to try getting more information on your vision through another means.. if you ever do journeying or trance work on your own, you could do that and go "meet" whoever is coming through, or ask the Tarot, or if you feel comfortable with dreams you could try and do the same in the dream world. You could even try to re - create the circumstances related to your vision and see if you can nudge the Spirit world into giving you more info.

I can be more specific about techniques for this if you want to PM me.

Laura Borealis

All I could think of was the 1970s Sinbad movie with the girl who has the eye tattooed on her palm. (The Golden Voyage of Sinbad)

MagsStardustBlack

Hi CN :heart:

Thank you for your thoughts :)

This sounds like "The Hand of Fatima" , which is an Islamic symbol. I looked that up to be sure and it sounds much like this to me.

Yes i got this too. But i didn't know why? As i don't work with any goddess from this area.

The Hand of Fatima is a sign of protection against evil---and especially if it is the right hand. So, it is a sign of protection and strength.

Yes i read this too and i take this point, clearly i am needing protection from something.

You can find a lot of these in various Middle East cultures (as in jewelry or items to hang in your home, etc) that offers protection to the person wearing it or displaying it in their home. It is quite a common item to see there.

I read this too, and seen many images on the internet :)

So as for you holding your right hand out as if to stop someone/something--it is indicating that you are protected and they are to stop trying to come forward to do you any harm.

yes clearly, yet i don't feel under attack, or under psychic attack? Do you think i could be remembering a memory possibly? I am confused. However i do have a painting i painted of a spirit guide of mine that came to me through a vision, she looks ethnic? I am still confused.

The red and blue powder, I haven't any clue to. Perhaps it is linked with the Goddess you are drawn to and perhaps she is protecting you from any evil?

The Goddess is Inanna Ishtar, and i feel she has been with me for some time, yet only just making herself known. I read on the internet that the Hand of Fatima is derived from the Hand of Ishtar... So this might be a link, i need to do more research.

My friend lived in India a long time ago and she said they smudge your hands in marraige for blessings...

I am very unclear of what this vision is telling me.

I have a link to my goddess Innana/Ishtar with the Hand of Fatima deriving from the Hand of Ishtar.

A possible Middle East link with my spirit guide.

But why protection and why blessings?

Thank you so much for helping me puzzle it out, i really appreciate you help :heart: hugs xx

MagsStardustBlack

Hello UrbanBramble :)

What Goddess are you being drawn to working with?

Innana Ishtar. I have had her with me for years it is clear now, from symbols i am drawn to, to what i have on my alter. And much much more all makes sense. She has just made herself known to me in recent weeks and i feel she wants me to communicate with her.

Brigid is represented by the colors red (the Forge) and blue (the Well). She is one of my patron goddesses, because she came to me in a dream.

Okay i did read somewhere there is a link with Brigid and Innana? I thought i did, i must check, Innana is the first known goddess on earth, well i think she is supposed to be the oldest (ancient Sumeria) so it is possible other goddesses could be linked to her...

Intuitively I'm not getting that for you though, especially if the vision of your hand is tied to the hand of Fatima. Different pantheons, different cultures...

I think the hand of fatima i learned is derived from the hand of Ishtar.. So i at least found a link that way. Although the eye, is not on Ishtar's hand, yet there was a link there.

You may want to try getting more information on your vision through another means.. if you ever do journeying or trance work on your own, you could do that and go "meet" whoever is coming through, or ask the Tarot, or if you feel comfortable with dreams you could try and do the same in the dream world. You could even try to re - create the circumstances related to your vision and see if you can nudge the Spirit world into giving you more info.

Yes i think i need to do some more searching. Yes i do dream work too i just don't know any specific ways to connect with spirit through them.

I could try trance work, i have never done that i don't think although i am used to altered states of consciousness so i may be able to apply the trance principle.

I can be more specific about techniques for this if you want to PM me.

Oh really :heart: that would be really great, thank you very much. I'l send you a little pm today. I really want to know what is going on, my pull to Innana is so strong, but really warm and comforting. But it is weird it is as if i know her, i know how strange that sounds. And this vision with the hand of fatima with the eye, so this is protection, but i don't know what i need protection from of why? I don't feel under threat.

My friend used to live in India and she said that in union you have your hands smudged as blessings, so this is also a bit strange and i don't know how that would link in to the protection of the eye.

Thank you very much. I'l pm you today.

Mags

celticnoodle

Hi CN :heart:

Thank you for your thoughts :)

Yes i got this too. But i didn't know why? As i don't work with any goddess from this area.

Yes i read this too and i take this point, clearly i am needing protection from something.

I read this too, and seen many images on the internet :)

yes clearly, yet i don't feel under attack, or under psychic attack? Do you think i could be remembering a memory possibly? I am confused. However i do have a painting i painted of a spirit guide of mine that came to me through a vision, she looks ethnic? I am still confused.

The Goddess is Inanna Ishtar, and i feel she has been with me for some time, yet only just making herself known. I read on the internet that the Hand of Fatima is derived from the Hand of Ishtar... So this might be a link, i need to do more research.

My friend lived in India a long time ago and she said they smudge your hands in marraige for blessings...

I am very unclear of what this vision is telling me.

I have a link to my goddess Innana/Ishtar with the Hand of Fatima deriving from the Hand of Ishtar.

A possible Middle East link with my spirit guide.

But why protection and why blessings?

Thank you so much for helping me puzzle it out, i really appreciate you help :heart: hugs xx

its hard to answer "why". After reading through all the posts here, including your fb, it seems to me that Inanna Ishtar is very possibly your guide who is walking beside you right now and protecting you.

All of us have guides, as you know. Our guides will protect us too, and especially when we ask them to. Perhaps your dream was Inanna Ishtar's way of letting you know that she is walking beside you on your spiritual journey and that she will protect you as you go. Its a way of her letting you know that whenever you are unsure of yourself, or frightened, to call upon her for protection (and I would think guidance also), and that she will be there. Maybe it is also a message for you that she is wanting to connect to you--and a way for her to encourage you to try and do so?

UrbanBramble

I think there's a strong connection between the Hand of Fatima and Inanna/Ishtar. The Hand of Fatima is tied to Miriam in Judaism, Fatima in Islam, and the Vigrin Mary in Christianity. There's a direct link between Mary and Inanna via the cult of Isis, some people believe that there is a thread linking them all to the same goddess archetype, which is essentially wrapped up in women's sacred sexuality and death. You may want to look into a book called "the Cult of the Black Virgin", it's really super academic but it discusses the way that all these deities are linked, and their manifestations in contemporary Judeo - Christian religions. There's probably better books out there too.

In terms of modern meanings, I see the Hand of Fatima as protection for women in areas of sex and relationships. Fatima's hand was burned when her husband came home with another woman as she was stirring soup. She dropped her spoon and kept stirring the soup with her hand because she was in such shock! :bugeyed:

If anyone else wants to weigh in on this, feel free, I'm mostly researching it on my own because it's so interesting, in no way am I an expert.

RavenLuna

Just weighing in with an alternative name in case it helps your googling. It's also known as a hamsa, and like others have said is protective. Lucky you having a vision like that :)

celticnoodle

I think there's a strong connection between the Hand of Fatima and Inanna/Ishtar. The Hand of Fatima is tied to Miriam in Judaism, Fatima in Islam, and the Vigrin Mary in Christianity. There's a direct link between Mary and Inanna via the cult of Isis, some people believe that there is a thread linking them all to the same goddess archetype, which is essentially wrapped up in women's sacred sexuality and death. You may want to look into a book called "the Cult of the Black Virgin", it's really super academic but it discusses the way that all these deities are linked, and their manifestations in contemporary Judeo - Christian religions. There's probably better books out there too.
yes, I knew this as well--the connection to the VM and others.
In terms of modern meanings, I see the Hand of Fatima as protection for women in areas of sex and relationships. Fatima's hand was burned when her husband came home with another woman as she was stirring soup. She dropped her spoon and kept stirring the soup with her hand because she was in such shock! :bugeyed:
yes, I recall reading this before too.

If anyone else wants to weigh in on this, feel free, I'm mostly researching it on my own because it's so interesting, in no way am I an expert.
very cool. keep us posted, if you remember to. The mentioning of this has also sparked my interest. I may google more on it as well and will update here or in a new thread as well.

Just weighing in with an alternative name in case it helps your googling. It's also known as a hamsa, and like others have said is protective. Lucky you having a vision like that :)
I didn't recall this until I was looking for it to respond to MAGS and saw mention of it. I may not have even known that before. At any rate, a very interesting dream state to have experienced, whether it was an actual 'dream' or message/visit by the Goddess or what have you. Very lucky you, Mags! :thumbsup: and, now my interest is also peaked in learning more on this too, so I'll have a lot to explore in my 'free time'.