all Cups...

Beebs_94

K i posted my tarot reading for interpretation in the readings section but i wanted to ask this here...

If i got all Cups in a 3 card spread and then the shadow card is a Cups as well... what could it possibly mean??? I know that its really dealing with my emotions, etc like that but....i cant think of anything else!

Help!

starrystarrynight

Whenever I get all of one suit in a spread, I look at what I didn't get and make a determination that way. By getting all Cups, that means you drew no Pentacles (grounding and physical stability), no Wands (will and the energy to exert that will), and no Swords (thought processes/analysis.)

So, all Cups, to me, means that your seeker may be dealing with the situation around her right now in a purely emotional way without benefit of grounding, will power, or utilization of intellect. Therefore, the seeker may be seeing things in an unrealistic way or may be fantasizing about things too much. When someone has her head in the clouds and is surrounding herself with that much emotion without the balance of any of the other suits' energies, she is subject to being led on by others or of falling into a trap of over-indulging her fantasies.

At least, that's the way I look at it.

Thirteen

starrystarrynight said:
Whenever I get all of one suit in a spread, I look at what I didn't get and make a determination that way. By getting all Cups, that means you drew no Pentacles (grounding and physical stability), no Wands (will and the energy to exert that will), and no Swords (thought processes/analysis.)

So, all Cups, to me, means that your seeker may be dealing with the situation around her right now in a purely emotional way without benefit of grounding, will power, or utilization of intellect. Therefore, the seeker may be seeing things in an unrealistic way or may be fantasizing about things too much. When someone has her head in the clouds and is surrounding herself with that much emotion without the balance of any of the other suits' energies, she is subject to being led on by others or of falling into a trap of over-indulging her fantasies.

At least, that's the way I look at it.
Nothing to add. Starry got-it-in-one. Exactly the way I'd see it. The cards are telling you what you're missing as much as telling you what the situation is--emotional and, as Starry rightly put it, too deeply into fantasies or maybe depression.

Also, watch out that you don't over-indulge in food, drink or drugs. Cups can signal addictions.

Beebs_94

Hey guys, thanks for your imput :) :)

Mabey i have had my head in the clouds too much lately (it just seems so much better there than here :( ) I think i really need to sit there and think about everything clearly...

Thanks again :)

Ninalii

This was a good question, because I got a reding (about another person, 6 cards, about how he thinks of me and how he feels about me)and I got 2 pents-card and 4 cups-card. I´ve thought much about how to read this, but now I´ve got the idea! By looking for the suits that are not represented! So thank you from me, too =)

By the way, what is the shadow card...?

thinbuddha

Ninalii said:
By the way, what is the shadow card...?

It is the card on the bottom of the deck. What isn't clear is how it is to be read in Beebs system.

Ninalii

Thank you, Thinbuddha!