Altering synchronicity with tarot?

Sinner

I've heard that tarot can be used to perform spells or curses with people but I havn't heard more than that. So my curiosity was aroused.
Is there a way to use tarot to bring, for example, good luck before an important event?
If such a thing were possible, I'd imagine it would change the workings of synchronicity for a short time to complement your situation.
Perhaps it may involve taking the good cards from the deck and then choosing from them and laying them out in a spread and then maybe using some sort of incantation to influence its happenings?

Or perhaps I'm feeling abit imaginative...

Fulgour

Sinner wrote:Or perhaps I'm feeling abit imaginative...You posted in Divination about some of the dreams you've had,
"Demons In My Head" & "An Even More Alarming Dream" .....so
maybe you could try doing this to help your own peace of mind.

Sinner

I did indeed, and recently the dreams are getting stranger, I feel like I'm being drawn by some invisible force thats trying to tell me something, its all very unsettling.
I also keep getting two 4's in my tarot spreads which indicates insomnia...
Oh well, Its probably unrelated.

MeeWah

Sinner wrote: ...Is there a way to use tarot to bring, for example, good luck before an important event?
If such a thing were possible, I'd imagine it would change the workings of synchronicity for a short time to complement your situation.
Perhaps it may involve taking the good cards from the deck and then choosing from them and laying them out in a spread and then maybe using some sort of incantation to influence its happenings? ...

Sinner: Your idea is generally akin to spell-working, which is concerted prayer with props.

Intent & will are two qualities which are brought to bear in any endeavour to influence an outcome or manifestation; however, some things are not within one's control to change--then again, they might. What a person can do is be as an "informed consumer". That is, armed with as much information as possible so that knowledge & understanding can guide the actions to a judicious "finish".

One relatively direct way is to do a reading & ask the cards: What do I need to know to achieve such-&-such? A reading of this nature can provide guidance & inspiration.

Btw: there are no good or bad cards per se. If anything, they are neutral. Their meanings result or develop within a context--such as in a reading.

Spellworking with the cards uses particular cards chosen for their essence & their imagery. The former to assist in stating or formulating the intention & the latter to visualize a desired result.

For example: if one desires a new or different job with a chance of advancement, Ace-Pentacles can represent that new opportunity. 3- Pentacles to represent the self actively working in the new position; acquiring experience & knowledge. 9-Pentacles to indicate achieving a level of authority, security & independence. Those cards can be utilized to act as a daily affirmation of the goal & as encouragement to actively work towards same. Or instead of Ace-Pentacles, The Star can be used along with complementary cards according to one's vision of that desired.

Such a "spread" can include additional cards, but best to keep it simple & straightforward.

Sinner

So its more or less conditioning the interior as opposed to directly influencing the exterior. I've thought about that and it makes sense. But what about misfortunes which are.. seemingly inevitable? Can't they be dispelled?

Fulgour

Sinner wrote:But what about misfortunes which are.. seemingly inevitable?
Can't they be dispelled?I wish I could tell you more, but you never do say
what it is that you are asking about specifically...

This sounds a little like a thread you began earlier:
AT Forum - The Future: What do they really show?
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35985
(thread by Sinner)

MeeWah

Sinner wrote:So its more or less conditioning the interior as opposed to directly influencing the exterior. I've thought about that and it makes sense. But what about misfortunes which are.. seemingly inevitable? Can't they be dispelled?

Dispelled for what purpose? There are risks inherent in *every* thing, large or small. Life is the greatest risk of all. One can get out of bed & fall on his face. Another may wish he could get out of bed by himself. What may be "misfortune" in one set of eyes is another's close call or boon.

In focussing on the here & now (because that is all there really is), one is more likely to be tapping into awareness. Tarot or any tool used to foster that awareness is more fully utilized whence one takes responsibility for that awareness.

Synchronicity means meaningful coincidences. Such moments can appear as reality checks, speed bumps, smacks upside the head, etc. In short, they serve as an early warning system, ostensibly to save us from ourselves, from others or from forces beyond our ken. By the same token, they are oft messages that by their expression can give sound guidance or advice. Connect the dots or push the scattered pieces into place. It remains for the individual to appreciate it; to exercise the free will to shape the life.

Major Tom

MeeWah wrote: It remains for the individual to appreciate it; to exercise the free will to shape the life.

Bravo MeeWah! :D

We really do need a smilie for applause. :laugh: A master indeed.

Sinner

very insightful remarks, although I can't help but feel that I'm being watched...

So in essence, all of life's misfortunes occur for a greater good in order to follow a divine plan and they can always be looked at in another perspective to make them seem like a beneficial experience.

I assume therefore, the only "spells" tarots allow us to use is that of clairvoyance?
Or are there more potent aspects that have been overlooked?

HOLMES

it is what we do in the now that sets it.
example i get told that i would go to jail by the time i was 30 and i was only 15 at a psychic fair,
hello it didnt happent yet,, knock on wood as i still got til september.

i was also told that i would be doing that kind of work by the time i was 30 hello there yes i am holmes a reader .

when you do a tarot reading about a situation you can alter the synchronicity by better preparing yourself for it.. think of it this way,

i do a celtic cross for a upcoming situation , the cards dont' fortell the future,, but tell me what is likely to happen based on my personality, decisions and choices that were given to me by my higherself... kind of like the universe took all the factors and laid them out in a chart for you and it is up to you to undestand..

now most people saw the last election readings as yay the other guy will win and bush would get out of there.. but he made it.. people were shocked,
so a look back at the previous spread with that knowledge taught me a lot about the tarot.

the key to understanding synchorinicity is not to put what we want, or fear into the spreads,, but to read it unbais and the true synchronicity will come out.

now for the stuff about the postive visualization with the tarot,, i have read about it,, have spreads for it from the native america tarot from the 80s..
but i never did it.
however one of the last live readings i did, i picked out the most postive tarot cards and made a mandala and had her arrange it and she took that home with her on piece of paper.

one thing i dont like doing is horoscrope readings for they come across to me very fatalistic especailly if the cards are bad,, i was doing one and the first three was bad and i was like i can't do this to the person so i gave them a chakra spread i think.

as tarot readers we have to be careful that the person leaves as postive as possible for we are altering their synchronicity just by reading for them,, and we are giving them a prophecy to furfill or avoid l
let us hope that it is a very postive prophecy to furfill as best as they can,,
and not one of gloom so they give up..
and for the negative prophecy , we tell them straight ,
look dearie that man is no good, (what no ,, not miss cleo )
lol