alternative tarot bag and runes holders ?

Zedekiah

My question is about 'tarot bags' mostly you see those advertised as silk or leather.

I have a skin allergy to silk and don’t wish to use natural leather as its from animal product.

Is there an alternative to those made out of animal products?

Can any one either advise me on site or in pm about places that sell alternatives.

I recently received a box of runes in a silk draw string holder, I have placed these into a box that contained natural pearls and the energy works ok.

Are there any fast and hard rules as to how a card or runes holder will effect energy?

stella01904

Natural fibers are always acceptable, you don't have to use silk. Cotton or wool is fine.

Miren

I use cotton, myself. Don't really like working with silk. I don't think there are any rules about fabric and energy. Perhaps sayings and "myths." Though I prefer naturalish fabrics.

AJ

I make my own bags and spread cloths that coordinate with the cards, all out of cotton...but then I'm a quilter and have lots of fabric to choose from. I get the heebeejeebee's when I touch silk, and leather or wood are too bulky.

April

Zedekiah said:
Are there any fast and hard rules as to how a card or runes holder will effect energy?

There aren't any fast and hard rules about anything tarot. Except maybe that shuffling between readings is a good idea.

Anyway, have you visited tarottotes.com? I believe most of their bags are cotton. I personally wrap most of my decks in hankies found at thrift stores. Often cotton, occasionaly some gaudy chiffon thing. I've also been know to throw a deck in my purse held together with only a ponytail holder. It hasn't affected my readings.

One of these days I will use my sewing machine....one of these days....

Peace,
April

Sulis

I sell bags that are made out of 100% cotton (as well as other things).

My bags are lined and have a double-drawstring cord to stop them from coming open when you don't want them too.

Click the 'website' button below my post and go to 'Tarot Bags for sale' in the drop down menu :)

Zedekiah

Thanks again for all replies

Zed xxx

WalesWoman

I've been making tarot boxes from red cedar... which is fine for me but might cause allergic reactions for some.

My tarot bags are made from a variety of things, velvet, cotton, silk, or whatever fabric takes my fancy.

Zedekiah

Thanks and yes I do have an allergy to red cedar.

I have very fair skin and often get allergy reactions to many things so tend to go for natural fibres and the like.

Miren

AJ said:
I make my own bags and spread cloths that coordinate with the cards, all out of cotton...but then I'm a quilter and have lots of fabric to choose from. I get the heebeejeebee's when I touch silk, and leather or wood are too bulky.

I'm a quilter too! :D