an interesting marketing method

gregory

I'd say so.... the other thing is if you open up the email and click on "options" it shows interesting tracking info that MIGHT show that..... You could report her to her ISP....

Scion

SunChariot said:
Again signed "your devoted friend" and sending her full support and friendship.
I'm obsessed with the way people slop words like "devoted" and "support" around. This is why words are so meaningless now. People say things like "love" and "promise" and "free" and "good" and "help" with such cavalier disregard. Or worse, this is what this creature actually thinks of as devotion and friendship and support... Which is scarier, I wonder?

She makes me think of bigots protecting marriage or those crowds who calmly explain why they stopped to watch a house burning but didn't move a muscle to help anyone get out alive.

Report her. Immediately. Of such quacking insincerity will the world meet its doom.

SunChariot

You're right Scion. If people keep using the words meaninglessly, people will stop believing them when they hear them. And that ruins it for the others who actually ARE devoted to helping others. I might use that work because I mean it. But it makes people less likely to believe me now. And it makes people less likely for the ones using it to be beleived too. So they're ruining things for everyone. And each time people lose trust in each other, the world loses something vital.

Their time would be a whole lot better spent learning how to live up to those words in their lives than to take all the meaning from the words for everyone. And I can't see how it even helps them, Business should be based on trust and I don't see how she is gaining anyone's trust like that.

Babs

SunChariot

This is just getting funny!

In the neverending saga, here is what I got today...

"Dear Barbara, Your Luck has been activated!

A huge lottery jackpot is yours!

I have proof.

But there’s an important detail you have to take seriously!

Don’t wait and Click here.

P.S. In case you didn’t get my last e-mail, a gift of $CAD99 is waiting for you.

Your devoted friend,

..."
Now she has proof to give me if I click that I have won a huge lottery (even though I have never participated in any lotteries in over a year.

I am finding this is just getting ridiculous enough to actually be humourous. LOL

Babs