An Interesting Twist to My Meditation Practice

greatdane

Usually I sit for my practice, but I wanted to lie down today. Usually sitting is better because it can be easy to get too relaxed lying down. But I count my breaths and pay attention to what is going on around me like sounds and so I thought, fine, I'll lie down. But when I was first going to lie down today, it was with the idea of just relaxing. I have put a stone on my third eye before when I have been lying down and found it useful. That is what I started to do today, but then thought what will happen if I combine this with my meditation? So I put a small quartz crystal cluster on my Third Eye whilst lying down and started my meditation and counting my breaths. I know how many breaths equal the 20 minutes I meditate for, but as I wasn't timing myself, I added fifty more full breaths to not only make sure I got my time in but because....meditating like this felt so good! It felt refreshing and like it was cleansing or aligning my chakras. I could feel it down my spine, my legs. So I got in my meditation and also felt the benefit of adding the crystal to my Third Eye whilst I did it. For some, you may wish to use a different stone on a different chakra point, this is just what worked so well for me and I wanted to share this. It was like a Double Whammy of doing something good and rejuvenating for my mind and body.
If anyone else tries this, I would love to hear your experience!

dancing_moon

Thanks for sharing, Greatdane! Now I'm curious to try that too. :D Perhaps, I'll do that tomorrow (need to look through my crystals first). I'll let you know what happens. :)

greatdane

Oh I would love to know your experience, Dancing Moon!

I work with my chakras and meditate, this is the first time I kind of combined them and was delighted with the results :).