Another question

Unicorn39

The Judgment card is about a day of reckoning, right? Can this day of reckoning be reckoning in your favor or is it usually about judgement against you? When I saw it, I thought that it was akin to the concept of Grace. Like as in, "Hold yourself with grace always and you will eventually see your enemies fall."

Unicorn39

full deck

Yes, such could be said but, again, I would look closely at the context of the card, which cards were around it and also I would take into consideration just what the question was.

Usually I concern myself with how I ask a question since this shape the reading process. How can be does one use a apriori spread or do they just pull cards from the deck, placing them down in any order, until they sense that they have enough? (I do many readings like that).

sharpchick

Unicorn39 said:
When I saw it, I thought that it was akin to the concept of Grace. Like as in, "Hold yourself with grace always and you will eventually see your enemies fall."

Unicorn39

Remember a time when you were your own worst enemy? Judgment can be about when the "chickens come home to roost."

But it's also a call to spiritual rebirth, so that we are ready to move on to the next level of our journey. The fool's spiritual journey through life, as described by the cards of the major arcana speaks to each of us. They remind us of the need for a healing of old wounds, so that one can move on. Healing old wounds requires forgiving others, and being penitent for the harm we have caused on the way.

Some people believe that Judgment can be dharma - that we are judged now for the life (this incarnation) that we have lived so far. When you look at Judgment as representing a person, it can be someone from your past who meets up with you in this life to settle some unfinished business.

Abrac

Basically, The Judgment derives its meaning from Alchemy; and can be summed up in the dictum: "Awaken, O Sleeper." Can this awakening be in your favor or against you? I believe it could be either. As with most things, timing is crucial.

-fof

Sophie

fools_fool said:
Basically, The Judgment derives its meaning from Alchemy; and can be summed up in the dictum: "Awaken, O Sleeper." Can this awakening be in your favor or against you? I believe it could be either. As with most things, timing is crucial.
Oooh! I like that! Timing and Judgement - yes. Ironic, really, when you think that the Day of Judgement announces the End of Time.

So in other words, you must exercise good judgement in order to be awakened to a Good Judgement ;)

Ladybro

Unicorn39 said:
The Judgment card is about a day of reckoning, right? Can this day of reckoning be reckoning in your favor or is it usually about judgement against you? When I saw it, I thought that it was akin to the concept of Grace. Like as in, "Hold yourself with grace always and you will eventually see your enemies fall."

Unicorn39

In a practical way (or ordinary life) when I read Judgment I “see” circumstances in which the querent is involving will be solved but not as the querent wants .
This, may wouldn’t happy to the querent at the first sight. With time he/she will realized that was the best solution.
That’s the problem with Judgment. It’s impossible to see results immediately
Judgment in my way to read never implies loves affair

Trogon

Judgement, to me, isn't necessarily about "being judged"... rather it's about waking up (as Fool's-fool said). Especially "waking up" to what we are doing to ourselves. So, for example, a person who suddenly realizes that the anger they are constantly venting at others is doing terrible damage to their own spirit might have "Judgement" show up in a reading. Having said that, the Judgement card can also mean a reckoning, or being brought to task on one's actions. It could also refer to other people judging you, or you judging others (unfairly?).

Just my short take on it.

Sienna

I always take Judgement as a favourable card (unless its reversed of course!). For me its all about re-birth and answering a higher calling. Also a Pheonix rising from the ashes. Upright Justice + Judgement together means Legal cases will be decided in your favour. Judgement is about wiping the slate clean and moving forwards onto the next stage of your life.

Thirteen

Trogon and Fools-Fool make excellent points. Judgement is always in your favor because you realize something important that has to be let go, or stopped, or changed, etc. You are making the judgement, and it's going to be in your favor in that it's going to make you a better person or give you a better life.

What you're really asking is can the judgement be realizing that you've got something good rather than ill, something you need to keep rather than release. This isn't usually the case. This card is most often about letting go rather than holding on.

But just because it's not usually the case doesn't mean it can't be. You could certainly have that revelation that "Hey, this good thing/good quality has been a part of my life and it's time to embrace it!"

Is that what you're asking?

Unicorn39

Thanks for the help!

That really wasn't what I was asking - although I appreciate your interpretation. The feeling I got about the Judgment card in a spread I did was that I would be vindicated somehow. As if I had done good in the past, been falsely accused of ill intentions, and I would soon be vindicated. I guess I may have gotten the meaning of the card wrong because it seems as if most people's explanations have to do with a process coming from the self where the self realizes where they went wrong and what they need to awaken to. Am I getting closer?

Unicorn39