Any good books for begininners on becoming more psychic?

CelestialHorse

Whoo hoo! Starting up another 3 month subscription! :) Love it here! Anyway, I have been thinking lately, since I am starting a new chapter in life, why not start some things new? As for religion, I am not sure if I am part of one but maybe I am spiritual. I think, I do get confused with spiritual, tao(Not sure what that is?), heard of Sharmanism, Budhaism, and all those, so confusing, I don't even know the diff. between Pagan and Wicca. XD

I do want to experience neat things like more paranormal things, maybe see how psychic aware I can become, try OBE/astral travel and things like that. I am just curious about those kind of things.

I hope I am making sense, but are there any good books to start out on those things? They say everyone is psychic to a degree. I used to get feelings or images, but haven't for awhile :/ like several years.

danieljuk

nice to see you back CH! Celticnoodle told me a brilliant book about improving your psychic skills but I have completely forgotten it! it was like a guide. If she sees this thread I hope she can remember it from about 2 years ago :)

Disa

Hi, there.

Have a look at Sonia Choquette's books and see if they resonate. I found her to be a breath of fresh air. She has a down to earth writing style with lots of practice exercises.

Trust your Vibes and the Psychic Pathway are two of her books that come to mind.

avalonian

John Holland - Psychuc Navigator, excellent book with a CD in the back. He also has a very good audio book CD set called "Awakening Your Psychic Strengths". They are both presented in an extremely friendly and approachable style. :) :) :)

linnie

Hello CH :) I don't believe we've met before :)

What Disa and Avalonian said, although I haven't read the fellows book, just heard of it.

My favourites were little guidebooks that seemed too simple but packed LOTS of info in them. They might be what danieuljuk was talking about. The guides that I enjoy are by Ted Andrews.. He's done lots of them, but each reads like its his best book, I think. How to meet and work with your spirit guides, how to see auras, and simplifying magic or simple magic... Something like that.

I don't read any books any more, unless the whim just grabs me, but I'll always keep his one the shelf as they stay relevant.

Also Cassandra Eason leans a bit more to nature magicked, but I think she also wrote a book on how to hone your psychic skills....

Whatever you decide on, believe what sings to your spirit and let all the rest go... It's your own magic, and your own psyche and soul that is being honed :) :heart:

littlethings

There's a book, Psychic Tarot, by Nancy Antenucci that has exercises to do. This may be the book that danieljuk mentioned? :)

Rhapsodin

It's worth warning that unless you're gifted with psychic skills it may take a lot of work and patience to gain even moderate skill. It won't happen overnight.

For instance, Teal Swan's video on opening the third eye is actually quite good...until she makes the claim that "do it for three weeks and the universe is yours!" - well almost, suggesting that past lives; being a child on Venus and such things are all yours. Nah, mate - doesn't work like that. Ten years, possibly. But her initial technique is workable for someone persisting. But then, even a small progress is progress and there'll be plenty of that along the way.

Frankly there's much out there that is pseud. The problem is that the unwary will fall for this thinking they can buy a book today and be enlightened tomorrow.

You want to be psychic? It'll take in everything: exercise, diet, sleep, breathing, meditation.

Tarot can be used in spiritual development (hence the development of psychic powers because of the work and nature of certain exercises) and there's probably a pathworking thread on this site somewhere, more likely under Thoth as pathworking entails the Kabbalah, appropriately Thoth - though you can walk the paths using any deck as long as you know what the paths are about, etc.

ivanna

I have some books about this. The book by Nancy Antenucci, the Roseway meditation, and some others.
But I have two problems:
- Im not a gifted person, I am as psychic as a brick. :(
- For what I have seen, most of the work is based on meditations, and I do not have time to meditate. My time is limited, so I have to choose, time to read tarot, or time to meditate. I can not do everything I would like to do, so I stay with tarot. Once a week or less, I try to meditate, but I am still learning to ground myself and be centered. And I find this too difficult, so I think I have a veeeery large and difficult path, so I take it with calm.

And I have to admit that many times, when I try to meditate, I fall asleep. ... :D

If you want to have a look to the Roseway meditation book, I found it very nice, is like a workbook with exercises to gain awarenes and maybe get some psychicness, but as I said, I am still on the first pages, just grounding. Maybe the book has the potential, but you will need time if you are not a gifted person.

I wish I could experiment some kind of psychic situation that could confirm some beliefs, but for the moment, nothing too relevant, I think.

Snif snif.

celticnoodle

nice to see you back CH! Celticnoodle told me a brilliant book about improving your psychic skills but I have completely forgotten it! it was like a guide. If she sees this thread I hope she can remember it from about 2 years ago :)

:laugh: Thank you, Daniel for this. There are many great books out there, but the 3 that I put at the top of my list are:

1. YOU ARE PSYCHIC! by Debra Lynn Katz
2. Extraordinary Psychic by Debra Lynn Katz
3. Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard.

All 3 books are easily found online and perhaps in major bookstores and are also inexpensive, but worth their weight in gold! :D However, there are many great books and tapes out there too, worth trying, so you just have to find hte one that works for you, CH. I will say that since you are really into tarot reading, that I would suggest starting with the 3rd book "Psychic Tarot". It not only helps you to develop your psychic skills but also helps you to really get to know your tarot deck well too. Great little book!

I have some books about this. The book by Nancy Antenucci, the Roseway meditation, and some others.
But I have two problems:
- For what I have seen, most of the work is based on meditations, and I do not have time to meditate. My time is limited, so I have to choose, time to read tarot, or time to meditate. I can not do everything I would like to do, so I stay with tarot. Once a week or less, I try to meditate, but I am still learning to ground myself and be centered. And I find this too difficult, so I think I have a veeeery large and difficult path, so I take it with calm.

And I have to admit that many times, when I try to meditate, I fall asleep. ... :D

If you want to have a look to the Roseway meditation book, I found it very nice, is like a workbook with exercises to gain awarenes and maybe get some psychicness, but as I said, I am still on the first pages, just grounding. Maybe the book has the potential, but you will need time if you are not a gifted person.

I wish I could experiment some kind of psychic situation that could confirm some beliefs, but for the moment, nothing too relevant, I think.

Snif snif.
Perhaps its just not the right time for you yet, Ivanna. And, don't worry about falling asleep as things can come to you then as well---your dreams for example. Just stick with it and take your time. Meditation is not the easiest thing to do at times. Our lives are very busy, and so sometimes you just have to tackle this when the timing is right for you to do so.

CelestialHorse

Hi, there.

Have a look at Sonia Choquette's books and see if they resonate. I found her to be a breath of fresh air. She has a down to earth writing style with lots of practice exercises.

Trust your Vibes and the Psychic Pathway are two of her books that come to mind.
Thanks! I will add that to my amazon wish list :D Since I am not working right now I suppose I have plenty time to read and everything :) I'd probably be reading them on my kindle fire tho :p Some fonts are way too small for me to read in books D:

John Holland - Psychuc Navigator, excellent book with a CD in the back. He also has a very good audio book CD set called "Awakening Your Psychic Strengths". They are both presented in an extremely friendly and approachable style. :) :) :)
CDs eh? That's always nice :) Hm I wonder if there are vids of how to be more psychic or just more spiritual and happier in general on YT :D

But I have two problems:

Snif snif.
Hm I couldn't find the Roseway book you were talking about? D: Ah well D: Maybe I'll YT it :p Yeah I know to meditate more, I just get too caught up with other things XD; How long are you supposed to meditate for? How often a week? What will it do for me? etc.

:laugh: Thank you, Daniel for this. There are many great books out there, but the 3 that I put at the top of my list are:

1. YOU ARE PSYCHIC! by Debra Lynn Katz
2. Extraordinary Psychic by Debra Lynn Katz
3. Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard.

All 3 books are easily found online and perhaps in major bookstores and are also inexpensive, but worth their weight in gold! :D However, there are many great books and tapes out there too, worth trying, so you just have to find hte one that works for you, CH. I will say that since you are really into tarot reading, that I would suggest starting with the 3rd book "Psychic Tarot". It not only helps you to develop your psychic skills but also helps you to really get to know your tarot deck well too. Great little book!

Perhaps its just not the right time for you yet, Ivanna. And, don't worry about falling asleep as things can come to you then as well---your dreams for example. Just stick with it and take your time. Meditation is not the easiest thing to do at times. Our lives are very busy, and so sometimes you just have to tackle this when the timing is right for you to do so.

Thanks for the book ideas! :) I think mostly I want to do this for myself, so I can lead a happier, more peaceful life and everything really. So this will be an exciting read! I do wonder why I used to get images once in awhile then it stopped? D: Or feelings. Ah well. Maybe because I was too under my depression or wasn't meditating enough :p