Any recent release, art-rich decks?

euripides

I probably don't need any more decks, but since I've been living under a rock tarot-wise, figured I'd ask - are there any new decks from the last couple of years that I should know about? I particularly love visually rich images with classic or painterly art (rather than illustration or line-heavy work) - my favorites are Kat Black & Kaye Stephenson.

euripides

You need the Distant Past Tarot!

oh my. I do. I do indeed. /swoons/

Which size did you order? I wish I could see three cards up close to see the print quality. The poker size would be nice and handy, but a larger size lets you appreciate the art. I love that they are borderless.

I hope you'll be sharing your thoughts once you've got yours in hand!

Debra

Attachments

• 06GroupShot.jpg
    06GroupShot.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 184
  • BillMoon.jpg
    BillMoon.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 146

euripides

euripides, I'm delighted to see you posting again! You've been missed.

oh thank you Debra. It's so nice to be back.

And Le Tournant is *lovely*... those watercolours are just gorgeous.

Pagan Otherworlds - the name didn't sound promising but Oh My, just lovely.

I may be the only person in the universe who isn't a Deviant Moon fan?

And we won't talk about the Tarot of Delphi. I can't justify absurd prices for out-of-print gems even if they are beautiful enough to make you weep. *sigh*

Padma

I may be the only person in the universe who isn't a Deviant Moon fan?

Not at all. I would never touch the deck, let alone read with it. It's Kat Black and Delphi, over this way! You're not alone.

I am hoping Nemia will come along and comment - she has a wide library of art, and art decks, in her head. (I think she is an art Historian, if I am not mistaken?) :) If she doesn't happen upon this thread, do PM her!

ETA if you like Van Gogh, you'll probably like James Eade's Prisma Vision tarot, a beautiful deck with suits that form one long picture. Reminds me of Russian fairy tale art, scratchboard art, and of course, Van Gogh :) http://prismavisionstarot.com/ He has just released a second edition.