Anyone a member of any Tarot Organisations?

littlestar

Just wondering if anyone here is a member of any Tarot organisations?

I recently signed up as an interest member with the Tarot Guild of Australia. I l like thier code of conduct and ethics and i look forward to upgrading my membership to professional status when the time is right.

nisaba

Yes. Same as you. Actually, I've already done my time as an interest-level member so I could go for Professional, but as I'm doing a pretty intensive course at the moment, finding the time to meet the requirements is a problem. I'll do it as soon as I'm less committed.

Gypsyspell

Hi-Me too! I am also interest member who has not upgraded to
Professional member Lol . I bought some cd w/shops which were thought provoking, would also like to get to one of the group meetings -Just dont get around to it -too much on my plate .

nisaba

I think organisations like the TGA and other Tarot bodies world wide have a real role to play. When I told the people at teh new age shop where I used to read that I was joining, they rather looked down their noses at me as if I felt inferior enough to be looking for validation, but it's much mor than that. If I belong to a recognised body (and these bodies will only start getting recognition if more and more people are members) then I am regulated by their ethics and hte quality of my service is up to at least their standards.

That's why I'm also doing a course in Training and Assessment through the VET system: Tarot is not an accredited course with legislated educational requirements in Australia: I want to lobby for standards of teaching to be introduced, and I cannot do that if I am not inside the VET system.