What other uses does tarot have?

Ambience

Hi again,

I'd like to know how people best go about asking the tarot for advice. I often ask what will be the outcome of xyz or i will do a spread to establish things i want to know about the future or changing the future.

What other uses does tarot have that i'm not delving into here that have been of great benifit to you?

I would appreciate your thoughts, thankyou xx

214red

sometimes i likes asking for the best stratergy to handle a situation, or how can i make the most of the opportunity, it usually gives a good insight

Ambience

Thanks, i was thinking if there is any other uses more than future outcome predictions? I use tarot for the reasons you showed above also with very accurate results. x

rhombchick

There's lots of games you can play....
Check out the games and fun section of the site for more information.
My favourite would be the 'use your powers for good' game where someone hides something in their house and then you use your deck to find it.
Great fun!

KateC

Good Morning,

I use them to limit the "gerbil brain" issue -- when I keep going off on tangents & need to follow a line of logic through. They are a very helpful mental tool that way.

You dont' need a full 10-card spread for it either. A little 3 card or one of the choices (single card for the situation & a line of cards for each choice) work just fine.

Best Wishes,

KateC

WolfSpirit

I hardly ever use tarot for predictions.
Instead I use it for:
- a tool to help me focus, or shift my focus (show me what is important)
- tell me what my best approach for an issue is
- brainstorming tool in writing
- manifesting, helping me work towards a positive outcome (for this one I choose the cards myself)
- and to help me deal with my pets.

Oh and just for fun to look at the cards :)

Sophie

Magic
Meditation
Pathwalking

These are three classic uses of tarot cards.

They can also be useful for brainstorming and for helping you see the various options that you have: that's especially helpful if you tend to limit yourself. You can use them to discover blind spots in yourself.

A single card (every day, or whenever you feel the need) can be illuminating too - just giving you a different view of your life, or reassuring you about something, or helping you overcome an inner or outer obstacle.

Dogmother

My name tells you I'm all about the dogs. For several years I've used tarot readings for insight about some of the rescued dogs I've encountered. If I know a dog has come out of a fighting situation or a puppy mill, I know pretty much the generic life they've had. But with the Katrina dogs, I was absolutely blank on how to acclimate them for adoption (I volunteer with a rescue group and we fostered 11 Katrina survivors). If the dog is stressed, anxious or angry it's not a time to do an adoption. So I started to ask the tarot to tell me about "Rover" and "Fido" and what their experiences were; how I could help. I'll never know if what the cards reveal is "true" but it has been helpful - clues me into why children aren't good for one dog, why walks stress another out.

I don't think there are limits to the questions that can be posed. And if there are limits, I'm not going to listen to them!

SphinYote

Although I'm neither an educator nor a parent, nor spend any time around children, currently I'm developing ways tarot can be used in education, right now for young children (not sure why, just felt like doing it).

I don't have the file with me right now, but I did work out ways to use the cards to teach basic math, and general ideas for using a deck with young children to teach observation and description skills and vocabulary.

If I feel motivated, I might go through a deck like the Hansen-Roberts and come up with card specific activities....ideally I'm thinking in terms of going old-old school and working out a curriculum using tarot and the Art of memory, since young children seem to have such wonderful skills in visualization and memory, and it seems such a shame to see it go to waste in this day and age. I don't have a great visual memory, but if one were to start while a child is young, and use the tarot much like the ordered system of memory loci that classical authors speak of, I can see a potentially lifelong useful tool being developed.

I think any of the multi-lingual decks, like those put out by Lo Scarabeo with the multi-language LWBs, are useful as a component for basic foreign language learning if you're interested in the European biggies (French, Italian, Spanish, English, German, and I think I've seen Dutch on occasion, too).

Yote

Wendywu

I have used tarot in many ways - it has shown me how my parents still affect my choices even though they are dead and I am in my 50's. Tarot was the single tool I used to repair my relationship with my only sibling. Tarot also taught me about some rather huge gaps in my parenting skills that my child, bless him, has managed to rise above.

Tarot has taught me tolerance, patience, the need for absolute honesty with myself, that it would be good if I could also be more open with others (speaking as a rather shy, repressed type).

Tarot has shown me how vulnerable people are, how easily hurt, how quickly damaged by what seems like so little.

Reading tarot for others has shown me how blind we all are to ourselves, and how much work it takes to overcome that blindness. Reading for others has shown me more of humanity than I ever understood before.

I have been extremely ill, and in times when I did not believe I would survive, tarot was the means by which I came to understand that the cessation of this life is not the end of all life for me. Just the turning of the wheel, and the going round the circle.

Tarot has been invaluable and its least valuable quality has been as a method of seeing possible futures. Divination is so much more than that.