What other uses does tarot have?

philebus

Well, the obvious answer to me is for playing card games. That is their earliest recorded use and the games are still played throughout continental Europe. My personal favourites include ottocento, point tarock, the French tarot, Call 20, and the dummy versions of Call 19.

Ambience

wow your replies are so deep they almost bring me to tears. I've been fighting against others telling me not to use the tarot, because to me it's where my heart lies. It is all the things you have described and more. I'm really grateful to the insight into other uses. I intuitively know they exist, that this method of self exploration brings out the best in us. x

SunChariot

Ambience said:
Hi again,

I'd like to know how people best go about asking the tarot for advice. I often ask what will be the outcome of xyz or i will do a spread to establish things i want to know about the future or changing the future.

What other uses does tarot have that i'm not delving into here that have been of great benifit to you?

I would appreciate your thoughts, thankyou xx

There is nothing you can't ask, and nothing the cards can't answer. Whatever you are curious about and want more info on or a better understanding, ask.

Your cards are a great tool to help you understand yourself better. At times when I know I am not acting in my best interest, and can't figure out any logical reason why...I often ask things like "What is happening in my unconscious mind that is affecting how I am acting now?" Or "What is the real reason I am acting now as I am, when I know it is not in my best interest." Once you've got that figured out, you can work on it and it puts to back on the path to a happier life.

Tarot is great at helping you create what you want. Just ask what steps you can take to achieve it.

It is great for spiritual questions, anything from "What purpose am I here to fulfill here on Earth in this lifetime?/What skills do I need to complete it?/ How can I use those skills in the most effective way?...to reincarnation questions about past lives, to questions on the nature of the universe and life itself. As for reincarnations questions sometimes asking what happended in your past lives that is influencing how you are living your life now can be interesing and useful. Or you can about the afterlife as well. Really there is nothing you can't ask.

You don't have to ask about the future or present. It can also be helpful to ask about the past. Like if someone caused you pain in the past that you have not fully healed and they are no longer in your life it's not to late to ask "Why did "X" treat me that way?/What were "X's motivations for acting as he did, when he....? Knowing the reason why can be comforting because I have found when I ask these questions that the person't motivations were not usually to cause pain. Sometimes my cards say they were scared, or confused or did not know another way to act (were repeating patterns they learnt in childhood)...but my card have never said they meant to hurt me. And that is healing to see that....

You can even ask the cards "What can you tell me now that will help me heal my feelings about "X"?

Or in general, "What steps can I take that will help me open up more easily to others?"...or whatever you want to change or heal in yourself. Tarot is truly the greatest self-help book ever written, as rewrites itself constantly and is a pure reflexion of your life.

In short anything at all in your life that you want to know more about and want answers to, ask. There is nothing they can't answer.

Although mine to not do yes/no questions. LOL And I have learnt not to ask timing questions. Not because I think they are not accurate, but because the timing of something is so iffy and flexible that it so often changes after the reading is done, so I don't even bother asking anymore.

But otherwise, ask ANYTHING you want an answer to or to know more about. Whatever you want to know or improve that will help you learn and grow, just ask.

Babs

SunChariot

Wendywu said:
I have used tarot in many ways - it has shown me how my parents still affect my choices even though they are dead and I am in my 50's.

Yeah, mine do too. And I'm 52. They do tend to get into your head. I am working on that, on some of the ways my Mom still affects me that I know are not in my best interest. That looks like a reading right there, on how to counteract that. LOL

Babs

oak_woman

SunChariot - I've enjoyed reading your posts and have found your thoughts very inspiring. I'm wondering how many cards you usually draw to answer any one of the questions you mention?

oaks xx

SunChariot

oak_woman said:
SunChariot - I've enjoyed reading your posts and have found your thoughts very inspiring. I'm wondering how many cards you usually draw to answer any one of the questions you mention?

oaks xx

Thank you, and what is more inspiring than Tarot? And hey if you don't feel inspired by Tarot, you can always do a reading to ask how you can feel more inspired. LOL

I personally generally don't use spreads. I tend to do a series of interrelated questions (from 5 to 15 or so) then pull a few cards for each--from 1 to 3. Usually 3, depending on how complicated the question is and on how deep an answer I want.

I sometimes combine two or three decks and ask the same questions of each. So that means I might have 3 to 9 cards in answer to the same question. But that's more rare that I go as high as 9. LOL

Babs

morticia monroe

I do a daily draw, and then go about my day, looking for ways that the events and emotions of the day can relate to that card. I look for it not only in the events of MY day, but in the things I see going on around me with other people. It helps me to see that there are many, many ways that a card can be read.

SilentBreeze

There are so many books filled with tarot exercises, which really open your eyes to just how many things you can do with tarot. I have this book called Tarot for self discovery and the exercises there are so interesting.

Ashtaroot

SunChariot said:
There is nothing you can't ask, and nothing the cards can't answer. Whatever you are curious about and want more info on or a better understanding, ask.

Your cards are a great tool to help you understand yourself better. At times when I know I am not acting in my best interest, and can't figure out any logical reason why...I often ask things like "What is happening in my unconscious mind that is affecting how I am acting now?" Or "What is the real reason I am acting now as I am, when I know it is not in my best interest." Once you've got that figured out, you can work on it and it puts to back on the path to a happier life.

Tarot is great at helping you create what you want. Just ask what steps you can take to achieve it.

It is great for spiritual questions, anything from "What purpose am I here to fulfill here on Earth in this lifetime?/What skills do I need to complete it?/ How can I use those skills in the most effective way?...to reincarnation questions about past lives, to questions on the nature of the universe and life itself. As for reincarnations questions sometimes asking what happended in your past lives that is influencing how you are living your life now can be interesing and useful. Or you can about the afterlife as well. Really there is nothing you can't ask.

You don't have to ask about the future or present. It can also be helpful to ask about the past. Like if someone caused you pain in the past that you have not fully healed and they are no longer in your life it's not to late to ask "Why did "X" treat me that way?/What were "X's motivations for acting as he did, when he....? Knowing the reason why can be comforting because I have found when I ask these questions that the person't motivations were not usually to cause pain. Sometimes my cards say they were scared, or confused or did not know another way to act (were repeating patterns they learnt in childhood)...but my card have never said they meant to hurt me. And that is healing to see that....

You can even ask the cards "What can you tell me now that will help me heal my feelings about "X"?

Or in general, "What steps can I take that will help me open up more easily to others?"...or whatever you want to change or heal in yourself. Tarot is truly the greatest self-help book ever written, as rewrites itself constantly and is a pure reflexion of your life.

In short anything at all in your life that you want to know more about and want answers to, ask. There is nothing they can't answer.

Although mine to not do yes/no questions. LOL And I have learnt not to ask timing questions. Not because I think they are not accurate, but because the timing of something is so iffy and flexible that it so often changes after the reading is done, so I don't even bother asking anymore.

But otherwise, ask ANYTHING you want an answer to or to know more about. Whatever you want to know or improve that will help you learn and grow, just ask.

Babs

SunChariot
Thank you for that post :thumbsup:
I really enjoyed it

SunChariot

Anytime :grin:, that's why we're all here. :heart:

Babs