Anyone know a spread to predict when baby will arrive?

gingerstar

I'm just looking to have a bit of fun, fill in the time whilst I wait for this baby to arrive :)

I was wondering if anyone knew a spread i could do to see when it might arrive?

gingerstar:)

thorhammer

LOL An idea just popped into my head . . . shuffle with intent, then start laying cards out in a line . . . 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . and when you get one that provokes a visceral impact in you like "BIRTH!!!", that will be the number of days.

*shrug*

It's an idea :) If you try it, could you post your *results*?

Hope you're doing well, honey :)

\m/ Kat

lark

When you don't have your suitcase packed and you are making donuts and the whole kitchen is a mess, and you took down all the curtains and are washing them, and the dog is on antibiotics... and ...well you get the picture...that's when they baby will decide to be born.
So no spread needed just watch for those mystical signs...:D

thorhammer

lark said:
When you don't have your suitcase packed and you are making donuts and the whole kitchen is a mess, and you took down all the curtains and are washing them, and the dog is on antibiotics... and ...well you get the picture...that's when they baby will decide to be born.
I believe that's what they call "Murphy's Law" - anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, at the worst possible time :D

\m/ Kat

Sebavin

Only in this case, 'twould be Mommy's Law.

How far in the future are you thinking? You could just do a break down by trimester/weeks/days. Aim for your due date, but if you are near or past that day, then do a day by day, using thorhammer's suggestion. Makes sense :).

I hope you and the little bundle are faring well :heart:

Miss Divine

lark said:

That is too funny!:D But yeah that's about how it was with me.

gingerstar

lark said:

LOL! I've been doing that for the past six months :) living amongst renovations! dog isn't on antibiotics but rather scamming two breakfasts out of me! my hsband fed him and then I did, he has the most guilty look on his face lol.

I gave up cooking anything to complicated as i seem to burn everything. must get that suitcase packed though!

ok did a spread with the druid craft. all rather simple, baby brain and all.

I pulled one card for each of the next five weeks as that's as far as they will let me go overdue.

So
week 38 (next week) - Strength - need to keep my strength up!
week 39 - four of cups - wishing it was all over
week 40 - three of cups - celebration, an arrival perhaps?
week 41 - three of pentacles - baby makes three?
week 42 - the emperor - hmmm not sure about this one

bottom card of the deck was ace of swords.

my bet is on week 40? any thoughts :)
gingerstar:)

oops not sure if this is in the right section now! sorry mods if not!

Sebavin

I think with week 39 that you might start having "false" labor pains or something...something that gets your hopes up and you aren't really pleased with...or maybe being dialated, but only a small amount, nothing major. I think you're right week 40 seems to be it, the baby will be here right on time :). Blessings to you, and your new one :heart:~

celticnoodle

lark said:
ROFLMAO. OH LARK! too funny!!! :p but, so right on. the night i went to labor was pretty hectic like that and was the first night in over a month that i was left totally alone for only a few hours, and of course, went into labor within 15 min. of being alone. :rolleyes: :p
gingerstar said:
I pulled one card for each of the next five weeks as that's as far as they will let me go overdue.

So
week 38 (next week) - Strength - need to keep my strength up!
week 39 - four of cups - wishing it was all over
week 40 - three of cups - celebration, an arrival perhaps?
week 41 - three of pentacles - baby makes three?
week 42 - the emperor - hmmm not sure about this one

bottom card of the deck was ace of swords.

my bet is on week 40? any thoughts
gingerstar
uh, yep! i agree--week 40 looks like the week for you! and, I'd say the emperor is the new boss of the family--the ace of swords indicates the sex of this boss. a new little boy king! and he will rule! :D

edited to add: oh, and the 4 of cups. yeah, perhaps wishing it was over, but i think more of what is known as the 'nesting' period. that is the week, you're going to go through EVERYTHING just one more time! to make sure you are prepared for the little one. you may feel like you have to wash everything you have for this baby--even if you have already done so. perhaps also cook a few dinners to freeze for hubby while you are in the hospital, and for when you first get home. blah, blah, blah. typical for moms about to give birth. :)

lark

:D...You think I'm kidding, but that all really happend the day my son was born..and I got to the hospital at 8:30 and he was born at 9:30...:eek:
Joe had nothing in the house to eat for 5 days, but old donuts LOL.
But I agree looks like week 40 the little bugger arrives.
And I am going to go out on a limb here and say he is born at the end of the week because you seem to come home in week 41 and start perfecting your mommy skills.
Is your mom or dad or both...coming in week 42...?
They will actually pull a lot of things together and be a big help.
Good luck sweetie...:love:

p.s. pack that suit case...;)