anyone tried Bible divination?

zayats

Hi guys,

I'm sure some of you have heard of divinating using the Bible - just opening it at a random page, reading a random passage. I've noticed recently the Bible was extremely accurate for me. I probably used it some time ago the first time, but don't remember the results. However, about two months ago, when I was preparing for my exam, spending my days morning to evening at school, I went to have a rest at the school chapel. Since my mind was on a guy, a fellow class-mate, I asked about him and then opened the Bible. The passage was about something deceitful, I don't remember really, but it was quite surprising as it seemed to be going well with that guy and I thought even if we wouldn't get together, there would surely be no drama. I think then I asked about my love life in general in the nearest future and again I got some passage about something bad happening, I think also snakes were involved etc. This, again, was pretty improbable, I thought. But... the way it all turned out corroborated what the Bible said. My classmate showed up with a girl for the graduation ceremony while claiming to be single all the time before and later telling me it could have gone differently if I had made a move, so he had been kind of playing with me... The next day at a party I met a guy - seemed nice, proved totally wrong all of a sudden, changed 180 degrees... Anyways, again, the Bible was right. Today I even asked about the reasons for his behaviour and, uncanny thing, I opened at a passage about someone's wife named Anna, and the guy I met was freshly divorced from an Anna :/

Anyone else tried Bible divination? What are your impressions?

bradford

They're spozed to put you to death with stones for that.

Bonny

Hi, yes, I've been doing that for years...I've found it a beautiful way to trust in that jungian sense of synchronicity and the way that being with the words on the page can speak to you...Thanks for this post. It's a great method of centering and of not taking things too seriously so that the inspiration that is meant to come can arrive peacefully...

xx

B

Cenozoic

Bibliomancy I think it's called? I've tried it with random books. I guess I find it difficult to figure out how the sentence or paragraph in the book relates to me and my question. I guess I don't find it as straightforward as just pictures of the situation. Sometimes I just randomly point at words, and then they form some kind of sentence.

Sometimes I take the tarot cards, and turn them like pages of a picture book, and then I read random pages of it. Tarot cards are like the best picture book, and there are tons of stories in it, or that's the way I like to see it :)

zayats

Thanks for your replies.

Bonny,
Exactly - the synchronicity... I remember yesterday I asked also about my financial situation and arrived at a passage about someone having enough to live comfortably, but someone who's used to both living on little money as well as having quite a lot. This reflects pretty much my situation.

Cenozoic,
I've tried it with other books too for sure, but I don't remember the results. Recently also with Bhagavad Gita, but it's only the Bible that I remember being so accurate and relevant. I am not religious. I think maybe the accuracy of the Bible stems from the fact that it's more relevant to the society and culture I am in, so it's easier for me to relate to it. (Bhagavad Gita, for example, is more difficult to understand for a Westerner, unless one has practised the principles of Hinduism is daily life - then the passages will relate to our queries, otherwise it may seem like lofty philosophy maybe hard to put into practice.) But yes, I think you can do it with any book that works for you.