crossroads divination (literal crossroads), anyone familiar?

zayats

Hi!

Today I have come across an article about a fortune-teller (who's quite famous around here) and how she's used a technique her grandma also used. I found it very interesting and actually extremely simple, at least in theory, and am wondering if anyone has actually tried it or heard of it.

When you or someone you know is facing a predicament, what you can do is go to a crossroads (actually it has to be on Friday and on full hour) and see what happens, you'll get an answer to your question by observing what's happening around. An example (from the article) was a person being in a critical condition, the fortune-teller went to the crossroads, stood for a while, first thing she saw was two elderly ladies going towards a bus stop, so she started following them - they were talking about a friend of theirs who was supposed to be dead long ago according to her doctor but she was right as rain. The psychic took it as a good sign, which proved right - the person got better and survived. Another example was a love situation - whether to marry Mr X. It was actually done for the future fortune-teller by her grandmother. What they first saw at the crossroads was a dog chasing a cat and then the cat facing the dog, hissing, the dog barking etc. The grandmother interpreted it as a bad sign for what her granddaughter's marriage would look like. Then a bus pulled over going from the West, a man got off the bus. The lady interpreted it as her granddaughter was gonna travel and meet a man from the West, who would become her husband. Which happened.

I find it pretty intriguing and am wondering if anyone's done that too or ever heard about it or similar techniques.

Marirowana

Intriguing indeed! Sounds like a lot of fun to try it! Do you have a link to the article?

Guess I'll go try it out tomorrow, see what happens ;)

GotH

A busy crossroad sounds like a great place to try this, even though you could probably do this anywhere. :) The key is too observe and listen..

Fun!

zayats

Yeah, tomorrow is Friday :D Might try :p Just wondering hmm, where I will actually stand there without looking too weird :D

Oh, forgot to make it clear: it has to be a 4-way crossroad, i.e. an intersection, so we can have 4 directions, I guess, and to have a fuller picture.

Marirowana, the article is Polish, so I guess it won't be of much use, but I do have a link if someone's interested. :)

GotH

Hey! Do you wanna try doing an exchange and reading for each other using this method tomorrow Zayats? It could be fun.

Marirowana

Yeah, tomorrow is Friday :D Might try :p Just wondering hmm, where I will actually stand there without looking too weird :D

Oh, forgot to make it clear: it has to be a 4-way crossroad, i.e. an intersection, so we can have 4 directions, I guess, and to have a fuller picture.

Marirowana, the article is Polish, so I guess it won't be of much use, but I do have a link if someone's interested. :)

Sweet, I have the perfect intersection just around the corner. I'll let you know! Would like to xchange as well :)

GotH

Yes, there is a busy intersection just down the street. All kinds of things happening! Maybe we could do a circle? :)

zayats

That sounds like fun, ladies. Bring it on!

Let me know your questions :)

zayats

Yes, there is a busy intersection just down the street. All kinds of things happening! Maybe we could do a circle? :)

Yeah, maybe a circle, as I figured I would have to go there twice and wait an least an hour in between. :) So let's do a circle.

GotH

Cool!

Let's go in order that we posted..

Zayats reads for Marirowana, Mari reads for me and I read for Zayats. Or the other way I around, I don't care..

How does that sound?