Anyone with Orphaelese having trouble downloading decks?

lilith

Hi, I wonder if anyone here has Orphaelese and know what,"Unzip file, wrong local header, signature OXEOFFD8EF, means?

I've tried to download several decks and this keeps popping up everytime.I wrote in their forum, but haven't heard any response yet.

I would really love to download some of my favorite decks and figure out how to send readings w/ pictures to people. If anyone here can help me figure this out I'd greatly appreciate it and would give you my first reading through this program, if you'd like, Thanks...Lilith

Moonmystic

Hi Lilith, I am having problems with it too. I just tried to use it (Orphalese) again and it sees the shared deck, appears to be getting it and then tells me the User must have logged off and doesn't complete the task.

I did see a couple of folks asking about the problem in the forum (was probably you) with no recent response. I do hope they fix it soon.

lilith

Thanks, I've gotten it figured out. I finally am able to download decks. there was some kind of error but they fixed it. you should see if it will work for you now too!

tarotgimp

I'm still having a problem actually. Could it be because I'm using the demo version? It'll let me download the decks it just won't install them. I get that header error as well. How'd you fix it lilith?

gregory

You can only use three decks in the demo version. That is an absolute limitation on it. There is a workaround to make the three decks CHANGE, if you want....

I don't use the P2P download, only the on site ones, myself.

tarotgimp

Moonmystic said:
Hi Lilith, I am having problems with it too. I just tried to use it (Orphalese) again and it sees the shared deck, appears to be getting it and then tells me the User must have logged off and doesn't complete the task.

I did see a couple of folks asking about the problem in the forum (was probably you) with no recent response. I do hope they fix it soon.

this is a different issue. The problem with p2p network programs is that they rely completely on people being logged into the software. It isn't the same as say going to a website and downloading a program package to install on your computer because there is no central server. deck availablity is based completely on someone who has the deck running the software. so when this comes up this means you didn't have enough download sources and whoever had the deck you were attempting to download closed the software. Sorry that's just the nature of the beast. keep trying you'll get what you're looking for eventually :)

tarotgimp

gregory said:
You can only use three decks in the demo version. That is an absolute limitation on it. There is a workaround to make the three decks CHANGE, if you want....

I don't use the P2P download, only the on site ones, myself.

from what I understood from the website is that it allowed you to download as many decks as you wanted with the demo version it just wouldn't load more than the 1st 3 installed...did they change this? do i have to remove a deck from the directory to download a new one?

gregory

Yes, I know about P2P. And some of the download issues have been related to that over the last few months.

The trial version will only allow three decks to be used. You can have as many in the directory as you like. It will only "see" the first three in the list - so if you number the three you want to use 1, 2 and 3..... they will appear at the top of the list, and show up when you load the programme. Then you can change which ones carry the numbers any time you like - though not while using it; you have to close it to change them.

I did that for a while and then decided I would rather pay and have it work fully !

GreenMoonBeam

Sorry if a bit OT, but how do you increase the size of the cards in this program?
Need more than a magnifying glass to see them.
GMB!

kwaw

P2P has never worked on my copy, tried to sort it out with tech.help from forum and programmer but had to give up in the end.