Archetypia (In Progress)

Ryan

Hello Aeclectic,

This is a re-write of a previous attempt to speak about a second tarot attempt of my own following on from one made many years ago in which my art was not so mature. Unfortunately I broke some rules in sharing the information regarding it and the post was deleted. I'm not sure how to present a tarot without presenting it so I'm still on uneasy ground.

When I am a subscriber - and I intend to be soon - I will be able to share more details regarding both sets, which are mostly unknown.

The 2nd attempt at my first incarnation, is currently underway and has been for some years now. My first attempt followed a rather rigid set of instructions that pertained to an occult system and were thus limited in what they could show; this new set represents a maturity in art and a return to a style of art comfortable to me. It depicts deeply personal apprehensions of sinister archetypes - apprehensions (understanding) that comes about by living in such a way as to provoke a living of that archetype, and with work and luck, a subsequently more intimate knowledge of that archetype and its energies.

I think that these mostly private collections are seldom seen because of the nature of their independance. I have personally seen six such underground tarots that I've not seen mentioned anywhere; the private insights and drawings of men and women fervently engaged in Knowing Thyself but generally aware of the volatility of such imagery.

These images tend to be representative of the deeper and freer unconscious, esp where they are not produced through popular tarot distributors and institutions and limited in what they may or may not depict and how they may depict it. This is of course not a restriction that applies to a Satanist, whose way is never really clear until they emerge from whatever doesn't destroy them.

I would like to share with Aeclectic one such "tarot" - which is, technically, more of an oracle as I understand from reading the definitions given here. But it is not finished and it is likely that it never will or can be - owing to what is required to evoke to feel that I can accurately represent the "essence" of an Archetypal manifestation and my relative youth there are only a few of these depictions so far. I've not given the name of the set - but I have posted a link to one image from this deck and I hope that is okay. I had originally offered two, but I think that one will do fine to illustrate my approach.

This link is to a card that replaces The Devil, XV, in the tarot with a hybrid representation of Lucifer (Though not in the traditional sense of the image) and the Sinister Feminine; owing to my understanding from black magical systems of study that these Dark Gods are a hermaphroditic heirogamos.

Though it pains me to feel a need to qualify this artistic expression: I should warn people that the card contains nudity, violence, and may be disturbing to people. But, this is a Satanic card. Rare, and raw. I would hope that this imagery be seen in the light of an underground representation of actual energies as experienced by someone on the LHP, not as some cheap attempt to shock or horrify. I originally wanted to show, via my first post, how my style of depiction had changed, from the first tarot to the second - as I felt that this would be an interesting, instructional and inspiring transformation to share. That, will have to wait.

Any questions or comments welcome. Sorry I cannot be more open regarding the project.

http://rapidshare.com/files/137417756/Unbound.jpg.html

S.R,
Ryan

Ryan

One more thing:

The 2nd card I offered had been made into a tarot card, that is, it had a 'housing' and border around it with the word Change and roman numerals.

This one doesn't yet have it's housing - but it IS intended to be a tarot card not just a drawing.

gregory

Unafraid and a curious type, I would have looked, but at that size, and on dialup (I am not opening it on my daughter's machine, as she has small children...) I shall never see it. Could you try posting smaller resolution ones ?

Ryan

Image Size

Sure thing, I'l post a link to a smaller version in a minute.

:)

Ravenswing

If that was the Devil...

... you haven't gone very deep. Apprehension?? Rare and raw?? There's so much more to that particular archetype you have either neglected to depict or simply have no knowledge of. I don't understand your warning. Your femme is far from sinister---IMO she leans toward dexter.

By the way, what do you mean by the "traditional sense of the image" of Lucifer?

And I prefer Setian. Less watered down and to the point.

Go back to basic meanings. What Dark God would consider himSelf as the bearer of light? Then again, there's light and there's light...

Oh well.

fly well
ravenswing

gregory

Thanks. That isn't ALL that dark, really.....

Ryan

Ravenswing said:
... you haven't gone very deep. Apprehension?? Rare and raw?? There's so much more to that particular archetype you have either neglected to depict or simply have no knowledge of. I don't understand your warning. Your femme is far from sinister---IMO she leans toward dexter.

Lol. Once again the pretenders of an objective world come forth.

By the way, what do you mean by the "traditional sense of the image" of Lucifer?

A Masculine depiction of course.

And I prefer Setian. Less watered down and to the point.

Lol. That explains your response.

Go back to basic meanings. What Dark God would consider himSelf as the bearer of light? Then again, there's light and there's light...

Well a fan of Setia would require me to dumb it down too far. And I'm confused as to why you're asking 'what dark god would consider himself the bearer of light' - like scorning any set representation of satan is acool or useful thing to do. Who cares about Light, Lucifer, bearer of Light? that's all bullshit. This is the archetype of the awakening of the faceless woman, (note the kitchen knife in her hand).

Oh well.

Oh well indeed.

fly well

Hah.

ravenswing[/QUOTE]

Ryan

gregory said:
Thanks. That isn't ALL that dark, really.....

No problem.

Darkness to me isn't moral or sensationalistic - it's subtle. The Sinister is also quite beautiful.

gregory

Ryan said:
No problem.

Darkness to me isn't moral or sensationalistic - it's subtle. The Sinister is also quite beautiful.
Lord yes - it is gorgeous.

But you did WARN heavily about viewing your card - and - well - it really didn't "trouble" me !