Are there any specifically lesbian decks?

nisaba

Er ... he's gone now. He must have been a figment of my imagination.

Either that, or an old friend who's tutoring my offspring in Chemistry.

Personally, I prefer the figment theory. If I were a painter, he'd be a pigment of my imagination. He's certainly not a lesbian - unless he's a lesbian tragically trapped in a man's body.

Nickigirl

Ideally, I'd have a deck custom-made for me. Filled with beautiful strong women loving each other. Men can still be the kings and emperor and whatever, it's the lovers card and the two of cups, etc that bothers me most LOL
Hmmm.... maybe when I'm rich and famous (haha) I'll commission a wonderful artist to do the deck for me! :)

Freddie

nisaba said:
Er ... he's gone now. He must have been a figment of my imagination.

Either that, or an old friend who's tutoring my offspring in Chemistry.

Personally, I prefer the figment theory. If I were a painter, he'd be a pigment of my imagination. He's certainly not a lesbian - unless he's a lesbian tragically trapped in a man's body.

lol... It is not tragic...that describes me lol...

freddie

Lurea

Aren't there decks with mulitple lover's cards so that all orientations could be represented? Something like that might interest you. I thought one of the photocollage decks had multiple Lovers cards....

Dragonfly77

The Cosmic Tribe Tarot has three different lovers cards, and 2 swans for 2 of cups. Lots of men in the deck though, not just women. Lots of nudity too, but not particularly erotic. Lovely joyous deck.

nisaba

I changed my mind over the years. I take back everything I said. None of the decks I named as euphemistic lesbian decks strike me as such today: more as matriarchal-tribal.

I think we're all agreed that not all patriarchal decks are designed for gay men, yes? And nor are the matriarchal ones either for the girls, I'm beginning to think.

Aeric

What the corpus could really use is a lesbian deck that's done in a similar framework as Lee Bursten's Gay Tarot: the socio-cultural lives and times of lesbians.

The vast majority, if not all, of women's decks I've seen that openly include lesbians concern themselves with Goddess spirituality and characters from mythology and folklore. Gay Tarot has several spiritually focused cards, but the influence of spirituality on the entire deck is deliberately minimized and the figures don't come from specific mythologies.

The focus is men in everyday life and in all kinds of occupations. Pride parades, coming out, relationships, marriage, and parenthood are all there, and they're stages of life that influence lesbians as well. I would love to see a deck in the same vein.

nisaba

So would I. And to add to the erotic sub-collection, an erotic lesbian deck that isn't just rehashed male-fantasy-pseudo-lesbianism.

Aeric

Put Beth Ditto's likeness in there! She's a gorgeous lady.

nisaba

Never heard of her. Hey, *I'm* a gorgeous lady, and I've heard of me.