Astrological Stones

aranarose

Well, they're not really stones, more like flattened glass marbles :D Anyway, my brain is on this sort of constant, creative, ADD overdrive, and one of the things that has poured out of it this week, as I've been crocheting various special spread and casting cloths, is a set of Astrological stones, with symbols for the planets, to be cast on a cloth that's divided into the 12 signs. I'm working on the cloth right now, will have it done by tomorrow, and my poor fingers, which have crocheted two other cloths the last three days will be very grateful for the break :)

My idea is to cast the stones/marbles onto the cloth, and read the planets in the signs. I'm not an astrologer, I have a very basic understanding of astrology, and have recently been learning the meaning of the planets and signs through keywords (love keywords). So for the start, the readings will be basic, though as with other systems that have popped into my head out of seemingly nowhere, I'm sure it will quickly become more elaborate and soon take on a life of its own, demanding that it be the next book I start writing among the many unfinished sitting on my hard drive.

So.... I'm looking for 2 volunteers, and I may take on more later, to be guinea pigs for me. You'll get a full Astro-Stones reading (that name is hokey.... need to think of something else :lol: ) in exchange for detailed feedback about accuracy and relevance. I don't have a clue if this system will work, and the only way I'll know is by testing, testing, testing, and more testing. All I'll need from you is your Sun sign. I'll be starting with general readings, and will likely later on, as I become more used to the system and see how it works and flows, take on specific questions.

So, step on up! I'll be finishing the cloth by tomorrow, and start the readings tomorrow evening!

Rose

MoonLitCrystal

Sounds extremely interesting. I'm willing to be a guinea pig :) I'm a Scorpio.

kmartin60

It sounds incredibly interesting! I will gladly sign up! I am a Aries.......

Cant wait to see the cloth your crocheting..Im doing goddess dolls right now...never thought of a spread/casting cloth before.....hmmm wonder if I can work it up in the mile a minute pattern? LOL Now you got my mind busy!

Excitedly waiting, Kim

aranarose

kmartin60 said:
It sounds incredibly interesting! I will gladly sign up! I am a Aries.......

Cant wait to see the cloth your crocheting..Im doing goddess dolls right now...never thought of a spread/casting cloth before.....hmmm wonder if I can work it up in the mile a minute pattern? LOL Now you got my mind busy!

Excitedly waiting, Kim

I use crochet thread, I'm a big doily fan :) I made a cloth for my runes, that's three concentric circles, in burgundy and white. I've also been working out an elemental oracle with stones, and made a cloth for it, in yellow, red, blue, green, with white between and a black border. I'm working on the Zodiac one right now. And I'm also working on one with little bitty granny squares in green and white that has the Celtic Cross spread worked right into it, to go with my Robin Wood deck LOL

mrene

Sounds like you have a great idea with this aranarose!
I would love to be a test subject if you are still searching for them :).
I'm a Sagittarius

** oops..seems I'm too late and I overlooked the fact that you already have two volunteers. But if a spot comes up later I hope you keep me in mind.

aranarose

mrene said:
Sounds like you have a great idea with this aranarose!
I would love to be a test subject if you are still searching for them :).
I'm a Sagittarius

** oops..seems I'm too late and I overlooked the fact that you already have two volunteers. But if a spot comes up later I hope you keep me in mind.

I'm only committing to two readings for the time being, but will very likely take on more. The only way to see if the system works, and refine it, is to do readings! You can jump on the waiting list if you want!

mrene

aranarose said:
I'm only committing to two readings for the time being, but will very likely take on more. The only way to see if the system works, and refine it, is to do readings! You can jump on the waiting list if you want!
Thanks aranarose that would be great if you could add my name to your waiting list. :)

blackroseivy

Please please add ME as well, I am FASCINATED! :D

I could even give you a rune reading with my OWN "flattened glass marbles" (yeah, as an art supply they are generally referred to as "glass stones" :D ) - I made a set with real gold-leaf sigils. I just have to do that when I'm back home, but I'm figuring it'll be a bit of time anyway.

If you'd like this, let me know! :D (Oh - I am quite new to the runes, so this would be a FUN experiment for me!)

aranarose

:D I find the glass stones to be GREAT for making runes. I've made several sets out of them. I had a red set that I'd engraved the runes onto, but two runes decided to disappear out of it. Had to make a new one, and of course I can't find my engraver. So I used black stones and white nail polish from a French manicure kit :lol: The glass stones are perfect because they are large enough to engrave the rune/symbol on, and small enough that a full set fits nicely in the palm of your hand, which is useful when you throw them at the cloth like I do.

*off to find the engraver*

Sinduction

Why no sharing pics of these cloths!!! :D

And btw, the stones sound very interesting. I'd think about adding the planets in as well.