Baralho de cartas ciganas (Brazilian Lenormand)

Sammie

Hi Everyone, I purchased a very similar deck from a seller on eBay several months ago. The cards are actually identical to all the cards pictured in this thread - the box is slightly different. They are called Jogo De Cartas, Cigana da Sorte de Espana on the box and the little instruction book is labeled Baralho de Cartas Ciganas.

The card stock on these cards is totally, totally dreadful. They are cheap junky cardboard with a shiny film on front and just plain cardboard on the back. They are like the ultra cheap childrens card games you buy for 50 cents.

While I love the pictures on the cards, they are really charming - such a lovely Lenormand deck - I've never used them because of the dreadful cardstock. Hopefully, the deck mentioned in this thread in the different box would be printed on nicer card stock. Will attach a picture of my deck to this post.

Just checked the seller's thread on eBay and he currently doesn't have this deck listed. His name is boatwin - he is in Argentina and seems like a nice guy.

Attachments

• BrazilLenormand3.jpg
    BrazilLenormand3.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 187

ana luisa

Guys, I have to be a bit of a party pooper here. I had 2 sets of this deck. Bought them really cheap. And gave them away. Sammie is totally right. The images may look nice but:

they are not well printed and some images are out of focus
the card stock IS awful (exactly as described by Sammie)

I do understand the excitement of getting a "foreign" deck and all but it is really not worth your money. Come on, you have AGMuller, Lo Scarabeo, US Games, Lewellyn !! You don't need this. Believe me. If, however, you are still willing to invest on it, try this site. It also ships abroad and has an English version.
www.submarino.com.br

emmsma

Aww! How disappointing. And this isn't even the de-enabling thread.

I will bow to their wisdom. I will pass on the deck. :(

cardlady22

Offer Withdrawn

Thank you for letting us know, Sammie and ana luisa! I'm going to send PMs to everyone. I can't justify the expense myself if the deck isn't a nice quality.

Bernice

Just back from physio (Bad knee/leg) and about to ask if I could be included, although I'm in England.... What a bummer, this deck has such lovely pics.

But glad we've been warned in time. What a shame.

Bee :)

P.S. Pity Ric couldn't produce a LS copy of it. (wishing....)

cardlady22

Bernice said:
P.S. Pity Ric couldn't produce a LS copy of it. (wishing....)

OH! The idea of LS doing it gives me tingles! But, it's Mercury retro. I'm too dejected to raise my hopes again!

jrr01

Oh well we tried to get a Lenormand Deck for us Lenormand fanatics.

SolSionnach

Boohoo.
Oh well, let's just think of it as $$ saved - for the Langustl Lenormand (whenever it's finished...)

jrr01

sravana said:
Boohoo.
Oh well, let's just think of it as $$ saved - for the Langustl Lenormand (whenever it's finished...)

Langustl Lenormand? hmm never hear do of it. Can you give me some deatils please? :D