Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

M-Press said:
You are "Magic Realist Press" but your site is "magic-realism".

Hi - yes, we own "Magic-realist" as well - but we were just lucky to get "Magic-realism" - it's the standard term really for this kind of style. When we get time we will cross link so that people can search on either.
Meantime I'm very happy if people trying out "Magic-realism.com" stumble across us.

I guess that we will always want people to see the individual book and deck sites more than our company site (which we imagine will stay very much a one or two pager for a while) but who knows?

The whole "Magic Realist Press" name is quite new and we will need to grow into it over time. But we have already staked out (that's sort of a pun :) ) a separate site for next year's book (no not a deck, we have a book in mind) and we hope to go on being able to devote a site to each publication.

Anyway, onwards and upwards (and sideways too no doubt :) )

Astra

baba-prague, your notion of a "far from perfect" website would scare off most of the people currently doing web design.

Fast loading, well done images, clean construction - I know it's one of your main areas, but still - really nice.

skytwig

Astra said:
baba-prague, your notion of a "far from perfect" website would scare off most of the people currently doing web design.
I agree :D , wonderful site!!!!

Thank you so much for the ecards!!! (Wonderful marketing tool, too!! :) )

Demonesse

Nice, easy-to-navigate and simple site. :) Now I'm incredibly curious as to what the Lovers will look like.

baba-prague

Oh - thanks for being so positive about the website. We have had a fair few problems with it (the friend doing it doesn't speak much English and there have been many misunderstandings) and so all I am seeing is the things that I want to have that aren't there yet. If it looks good objectively that is GREAT to know. Thanks!

"The Lovers" is in photography (as they say :) ) right now. It will probably go through more than one version I guess. We have it designed in our heads, but in fact we aren't so keen on our original sketch now, so have changed it. It may take a while...

So - TARA! (that was a fanfare, not a reference to my home-island) by popular and piratical request, here are a couple of kitten photos. We don't have many as Minnie has banned photography or general kitten-disturbance (she caught Lotte trying to creep out of the kitten box yesterday morning and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen - an OUTRAGED Minnie and a completely-frozen-in-guilt Lotte - quite a tableau)

One is of one of the boys at a few days old. The other is the whole litter as they are now. Little fat tigers!

Attachments

• small-kitten.jpg
    small-kitten.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 107

baba-prague

All five - you can see why their mum is so proud of them.

oh whoops - I should really have rotated that. Hope you can see okay.

Attachments

• small-kittens.jpg
    small-kittens.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 107

baba-prague

Okay - just one more

I mustn't start or I'll post dozens (Moderators - honestly I won't - promise only this one)

but here is Minnie herself. This was just a few days (no - edited to say that I've just realised that this is only a few hours) after the birth. Very happy mother - she is so proud of them that we are already worrying about how she will react when they have to leave home. But maybe by that time she will need a bit of peace and quiet!

Attachments

• minnie.jpg
    minnie.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 107

Le_Corsair

Yay! Way to go, Minnie!

Bob :THERM

FearfulSymmetry

Hi Karen!

I have been trying to moderate my online tarot reading so have been away for awhile. Belatedly, I would like to say how gorgeous these are! But no surprise, yours and Alex's talent is already a known quantity<g>
Incredible. I love the borders and the antique feel. All of your stuff is so rich!

Marie

baba-prague

Hi Marie

(and I love the new name - love that poem - but please tell us some time why you changed to this)

Thanks so much. It's Alex mostly who does the "richness". He did used to teach miniature painting - though only for a short time. I'm good on the fabrics and embroideries (a passion) but he is the one who really has the sheer technique and patience to get it all in - and make it coherent.

I wasn't going to post up much more here as we plan to update the website weekly instead - like you we are very pressed for time, but as you're here :) , here is the Nine of Wands:

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_9wnds_small.jpg

(I know someone will say that the background merges a bit, but well, on this one it's supposed to really - smoke, chaos and all that)

Here also is a closeup of the incredible helmet he is holding, though I think at this resolution it may be a bit vague, and hard to see the shouting face on it?

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_9wnds_helmet.jpg

We're doing The Lovers right now, but that is really intricate and may take some time. Our aces are kind of half done but we abandoned them as we can't find the exact backgrounds we want. Anyway, slowly but surely it is all emerging.

How are your own Minors going? Will you have any time to post them here? I think lots of people would love to see them.