Beginning the Tarot Deck Creation Journey - Creative Fire Tarot

CreativeFire

rabble said:
Today, at our Time Out For Tarot, Creative Fire showed off to us two copies of her deck, printed! They're absolutely awesome!!

She had two different finished, one matte and one gloss, and many of us were quite torn between the two. I think I'd be really hard pushed to choose, if I were having to choose which to keep and which to give away, as CF is doing. They both have their good points. I was going to say good and bad, but I can't think of a bad one for either, actually.

Well done, Creative Fire, they're awesome!!

thanks so much, rabble!!

I still can't believe I finally have a couple of printed copies to hold in my hands! :D

And I am also finding it very hard to choose which finish I like the best as well, but I think I have decided to keep the matt finish and give my friend the gloss one. As even though I love the vibrant look and colour of the gloss, I do prefer the feel of the matt one, particularly for shuffling and using the cards.

Also today I found some great fabric to match the deck so will be making a couple of bags this weekend to put them in and then they will be complete ;) I even got a chance to do my first live reading with my deck on Sunday which was a bit of a buzz.

I am still in a bit of indecision as to whether and how would be the best way to release a limited edition run as I would really like to check out some less expensive alternatives for printing. But at the moment I want to give the decks a bit of use to test out the finish and card stock to make sure that I am happy with the quality before I go down the path of having more printed in the future.

But I am thrilled that I now have a copy of the deck to read with and have a couple of copies to take with me to the Melbourne Tarot Conference :)

And last but not least, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has posted their suggestions and feedback along the way and also who have sent emails expressing interest in the deck, as I really do appreciate the encouragement and I have been quite surprised and delighted by the interest.

cheers
CF :)

Major Tom

CreativeFire said:
But I am thrilled that I now have a copy of the deck to read with and have a couple of copies to take with me to the Melbourne Tarot Conference :)

Not only did I get to see a copy of the Creative Fire Tarot at the Melbourne Tarot Conference, but my good friend CreativeFire gave me one! :eek:

First I have to say wow! The Creative Fire Tarot came to me in it's own bag, which so totally fits this absolutely stunning creation. My copy is the matt finish and I totally love it.

I also have to say I feel highly honoured to have received this magnificent gift.

Finally, and I may be giving away a secret so I'm going to whisper: CreativeFire told me that she's only planning to print 22 of these beauties. So get your bids in quick. ;)

Seraphic

and u said the artwork wasn't great heck I can only draw stickmen!

congrats

lunakasha

I just discovered your deck, CreativeFire....they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
You have created something very unique, which is not an easy task with so many decks out there. Congratulations....I don't know what else to say!

(OK, one more thing I wanted to say: I want dibs on the first print run!!! }) hehehe)

:) Luna

CreativeFire

Major Tom said:
Not only did I get to see a copy of the Creative Fire Tarot at the Melbourne Tarot Conference, but my good friend CreativeFire gave me one! :eek:

First I have to say wow! The Creative Fire Tarot came to me in it's own bag, which so totally fits this absolutely stunning creation. My copy is the matt finish and I totally love it.

I also have to say I feel highly honoured to have received this magnificent gift.

Finally, and I may be giving away a secret so I'm going to whisper: CreativeFire told me that she's only planning to print 22 of these beauties. So get your bids in quick. ;)

Thank you for posting, as I am so happy that you are enjoying the deck, Tom :)

I have managed to get a few more printed now - so there are a total now of 8 currently in existence ;) all of which have been spoken for - but I do hope to work on getting the other 14 printed gradually in the future to complete the limited edition set of 22. So back to cutting and cornering ;)

cheers
CF

CreativeFire

Seraphic said:
and u said the artwork wasn't great heck I can only draw stickmen!

congrats

lol! thank you, Seraphic - I guess I say that, because I see these wonderful decks that are created by professional graphic artists and can see how basic mine looks in comparision ;) but often we are our own worst critics :D

CreativeFire

lunakasha said:
I just discovered your deck, CreativeFire....they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
You have created something very unique, which is not an easy task with so many decks out there. Congratulations....I don't know what else to say!

(OK, one more thing I wanted to say: I want dibs on the first print run!!! }) hehehe)

:) Luna

thanks so much, lunakasha! I am glad that you like them and appreciate you dropping in to let me know :)

cheers
CF

netzach77

Your Creative Fire Tarot deck is beautiful! Have all of the limited edition decks been spoken for yet?

I always check 5 cards before buying any decks. High Priestess, Moon, Death, Devil and Queen of Swords. And I love all of them in this deck!!

Congratulations and well done :)

Belinda

SuzanneMoon

Absolutely stunning well done on the creation :D

The artwork is superb :D ((hugs))