Best of the minis!

Sophie

Holiday season is here. Many of us will be packing our suitcases and heading off to enjoy a well-earned break on a beach in Greece, trekking across the Andes or with our cousins by Lake Taho. Assuming you travel light and don't want to be lumbered with excess baggage - what mini decks are your personal bestsellers?

I have never owned a mini in my life - but am thinking of acquiring a couple. Probably a Grimaud Marseille - and one other.

So which is yours - and more important: why?

shadowdancer

As members have heard me droning many times :) I love my minis for travelling with.

I find the size and weight make it so much easier, particularly where weight and space are at a premium.

I have the New Vision and Celtic minis by Lo Scarabeo and love em to bits. I have the tiniest of kiddies lunch boxes in which I have:

both the above, + mini RWS deck, + card index with 70 spreads + silk spread cloth + majors only deck from Korea + pendulum + a couple of gemstones. It really is like a tardis in there.

LS have just released a few more mini decks including Mermaids, Witchy, Gnomes. I have ordered the Witchy to add to the travel pack maybe in place of the RWS.

Seriously, for travellers particularly back packers I think they are ideal.

Davina

Dwaas

The mini Visconti gold, also by LS. Beautiful and it is nice to have such old and still refreshed wisdom in such a small deck together. I must agree that also some other mini decks from LS are very tempting to buy for travelling. Or just to have :)

Flavio

For me the mini Hanson Roberts is great to bring at those times when the already small Hanson Roberts can not be taken to the road.

tmgrl2

The only one I have is the Camoin-Jodorowsky TdM...I bought a couple of them....They're

cute...although that adjective doesn't seem very Marseille-ish...does it?

One I would pack, though, along with my regular sized Morgan Greer.

terri

shaveling

Both of mine are Marseilles minis: Grimaud and Camoin-Jodorowsky. They're great for large spreads and for situations where you don't have much table space for your layout. I sometimes use them when I want to look at a card or three without drawing attention to the the things and getting into a conversation about something I wanted to be thinking about, not talking about.

I can see that they'd be great travel decks for those who pack light. I tend to pack like a 1930's movie star, though. So I can't speak from experience here.

The art on the Marseilles cards is so bold that the miniaturization doesn't hurt them. I think I've read in other threads that this can be a problem in mini decks where the full size cards have a lot of significant but small details.

-shaveling

P.S. I like them both the same, but tend to use the Grimaud more often. I think of it as easier to replace.

aaquwaa

Hi,
I have the Celtic, Visconti, and the Secret. I love them all! They are perfect for sticking in a backpack pocket. Now can you recommend a smaller tarot book for when I am traveling? :) I have read Tarot Dictionary is good, any recommendations?
Thanks, aaquwaa
I also would like to get one of those mini Marseilles, where do they sell them?

shaveling

I got my mini Grimaud from The Tarot Garden, and the Camoin-Jodorowsky from the Camoin website. Le Valet d'Coeur in Montreal lists the full-size Camoin, I don't know if they have the mini or not.

-shaveling

bladeraven

Do they make a mini-thoth??

Emeraldgirl

I have the mini Visconti but I don't like it. I saw someone mention a gold edition before that would be nice but mine has no gold on it and it's kinda bland and unappealing compared to the full sized gold edition I have. I have a huge handbag that can fir 2 full sized decks in it and all the usual handbag junk so I am not a big packing light person. I do think though that a mini RWS would be good to have...................................................................