Best stones for calming?

MCsea

Ocean Jasper - I feel like I am on holidays when I have it with me :)

thorhammer

HC, I believe you have a nice bit of fairy quartz running around your family? That's nice for calming down with, as is fluorite (make sure and cleanse properly after each use as it can crack with stress) and I totally agree with MCSea about ocean jasper. I have two smallish spheres that I use like Chinese stress balls (you know, the ones with the bells inside?) and they're great for calming me down and grounding me. I find epidote wonderful as well, and also my amulet stone.

I personally would stay away from any clear or white stone if I was in a tizz, except selenite which draws out whirling thoughts and breaks the cycle of negative self-talk. I can attest to this as I had a very strong experience with it just last night. It was just what I needed. But I know that lots of people are ultra sensitive to selenite, so be careful with it! :D Clear quartz is said to amplify the effect of any energy source around it, so I'd worry even more! :D If clear quartz and such work for you, though, go hard! And good luck. I hope you feel better soon. :love:

\m/ Kat

BodhiSeed

Blue lace agate and lepidolite are wonderful, and for me personally, lapis lazuli. HC, I would recommmend taking one stone at at time during the day (just drop it in your pocket) and note how it makes you feel. Because we are all so different, different stones affect different folks in diverse ways. A BIG HUG to you - I know how intense and frightening anxiety attacks can be.

Bodhran

mirkmaid

I find jade and rose quartz to be wonderful, calming companions. Rose quartz is also great to carry with you, as people seem to respond really well to someone wearing it!

willowfox

The crowned one said:
That is not true. Mols put nephrite as a bit softer then jade and it retains heat unlike jade that remains at room temperature or a touch below longer. They are very different to collectors. Nephrite is often passed off as jade, it is softer and not as collectible in the field of antiquities or as desirable.

I hate to argue but there are only two types of jade on this planet, jadeite jade and nephrite jade. Nephrite jade is about 6.5 on the mohs scale and jadeite jade is about 7 on the hardness scale. At an early period of Chinese history most of the jade used was nephrite, China only has nephrite jade in its soil, it wasn't until the past 300 years that the Chinese began using Burmese jadeite jade which is a superior quality with a lovely lustre.

So, I am afraid that you are the one that is wrong.

HearthCricket

Lots of excellent suggestions. So far I have found Lepidolite, Rose Quartz and Blue Lace Agate to be calming. I need to go through my collection and see who else I have and what I know I have handled and felt calm with in the past. Then I will compare it to your suggestions and my Crystal Bible and things online and see who seems most helpful! Thank you!!

Aulruna

I've been in many stressful situations this past year, and the one stone that helped me tremendously was black (and sometimes green) Tourmaline. It's classically more connected with dispelling negativity, but for me this DOES have a calming effect, as well.

Another good friend for me is Peridot.

HearthCricket

Aulruna said:
I've been in many stressful situations this past year, and the one stone that helped me tremendously was black (and sometimes green) Tourmaline. It's classically more connected with dispelling negativity, but for me this DOES have a calming effect, as well.

I just bought a few of these! Interesting that I am picking out the right stones for the right things, even though it is their look that attracts me...or so I thought!! Thank you! :)

Wonderwoman

Rose Quartz

Hello HearthCricket, I too suffer from the occassional anxiety attack. Aside from the Rose Quartz (it works wonders for me) I also drink herbal tea. Chamomille, Peppermint. These are very relaxing, soothing.

Good Luck to you! ;)

Ww

Cerulean

New to me--silver lace agate (Brazilian agate)

http://www.crystal-cure.com/symbol-silverlace-ball.html

My 'sphere' actually was cut open a bit to show all the pretty sparkles inside...I can use that cut side to 'ground' the crystal sphere and have a frosted meditational swirly pattern to focus a soothing and quieting mind on just admiring the frosty crystals...I wanted a small two-three inch sphere for travel and it's light and silvery blue in some areas...and has a few streaks of warm sienna for a grounding effect...mine was more silvery than the samples here.

Never heard of it before, but it was different and gently welcoming and easy on my pocketbook as well...

Cerulean