best tarot for spellwork, anyone?

gypsiejones71

Hi all! Ive just invested in a tarot spells book and wanted to ask if any of you prefer a particular deck thats more conducive to spellwork? I want to reserve a special deck just for this purpose so it needs to be the 'deck for the job'.
What works best for you?

KMilliron

I only have a few decks, and I meditate more than spellwork, but I like the Necronomicon for the job. Or my mini RW if I don't have much space.

Carla

I think that's really personal to the spellcaster. Just choose the deck that speaks to you that way. :) I like the idea of keeping a deck sacred to that purpose, but I like all my decks so much, I'd hate to have one I only used for the odd spell. I like Robin Wood for magic, but I keep it in the same place as all the other decks.

MysticalMoose

I agree, it's very much a personal preference :) For Spellcasting and other Magickal workings I use Robin Wood, The Wicca Pack and my old trimmed DruidCraft - I will probably add to this group a back up copy of my new Earth Magic Oracle. I don't use these particular decks for reading with, they are kept in my Altar box. :love:

Sulis

The deck that I've used for spells for years is The Glastonbury Tarot.
I use this deck because the colours correspond to my own magical colour correspondences, the images are very simple and easy to focus on and the keywords and images are all very positive so work well with what I usually want to get out of spells.

I think it's a very personal thing but it's important to use a deck that has images that fit with your magical goals and that you find easy to focus on and use for visualisation.

Fly My Pretty

gypsiejones71 said:
Hi all! Ive just invested in a tarot spells book and wanted to ask if any of you prefer a particular deck thats more conducive to spellwork? I want to reserve a special deck just for this purpose so it needs to be the 'deck for the job'.
What works best for you?

Can I ask what book it is?

nisaba

I have a few High Magic decks that I use for meditation and theurgical magic, but for thaumaturgical work, which is what I suspect you're referring to, I use a homely, warm, familiar, folky deck. Works a blinder.

Of course, the deck you use is only a prop. The real magic begins and ends within yourself. After a while, you'll be able to cast spells by merely closing your eyes for a few seconds, focussing, then opening your eyes and getting back to your daily activities.

gypsiejones71

Thanks all for your responses! The book is tarot spells by janina renee. It looks to be quite an easy book to start with for a spell novice like me!

cronegoddess54

gypsiejones71 said:
What works best for you?
I agree that what ever works for you...my deck that is used for spell work and meditation is the Robin Wood..it works for me :)

cronegoddess54

gypsiejones71 said:
Thanks all for your responses! The book is tarot spells by janina renee. It looks to be quite an easy book to start with for a spell novice like me!
Also forgot to say The Book of Tarot Spells, by Janina Renee is what I use....
with the Robin Wood.