"Black Magic" scams?

greatdane

I saw this article and I am just posting here because it mentions how the accused went to two "black magic" companies and paid thousands to get his wife to somehow "disappear."

So there are individuals, groups out there who will obviously take money for this. Not surprising. There are scam artists everywhere.

I would be curious who these particular groups were who took over 4,000 dollars for this type of..."spell."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...h-while-on-walk-with-son/ar-BBi02KP?ocid=iehp

Ginmore

I saw this article and I am just posting here because it mentions how the accused went to two "black magic" companies and paid thousands to get his wife to somehow "disappear."

So there are individuals, groups out there who will obviously take money for this. Not surprising. There are scam artists everywhere.

I would be curious who these particular groups were who took over 4,000 dollars for this type of..."spell."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...h-while-on-walk-with-son/ar-BBi02KP?ocid=iehp

How sad.

One way to tell a scammer is anyone offering "black magic" and those claiming you're a victim of "black Magic" and asking for thousands to rid you of it.

It is interesting that the article calls them companies. I guess you can find anything these days :) I am curious as to where and how he came across these companies.

greatdane

I am too, Ginmore

I'm sure he isn't the only one who has used these "services" and I'm sure there must be more than a couple of these "companies" out there.

Chrystella

I'm not surprised they exist, but it never occurred to me. How do you even find one? Google?

greatdane

Exactly Chrystella

What did he do? Google black magic r us?

Chrystella

Hahaha...well, I Googled it and all I got were a design, cinema, and spray tanning companies. Clearly, I'm not doing it right.

Ace

As Barnum said, there is a sucker born every minute.

barb

Ginmore

Hahaha...well, I Googled it and all I got were a design, cinema, and spray tanning companies. Clearly, I'm not doing it right.

Same here! Hmm we must be missing something lol!

Clockwork Ghost

If you want an absolutely excellent example of this, check out the Become A Living God (BALG) franchise. E.A. Koetting promises you he will give you evil godlike powers if you give him a few thousand dollars and join his forum, where he will continue to fleece you out of money while telling you that you will become a living god. His YouTube videos are like hard rock songs, where he sits and stares meaningfully at chalices filled with dry ice.

The really scary thing is that a lot of people fall for it - a friend of mine who practices Haitian Vodou often ends up with people half-crazy from 'demonic possession' crying to him for help as a result of Koetting's practices.