Black Obsidian Scrying Ball

FatesLady

I have a scrying bowl, which is black with a speckled white spiral pattern and a scrying mirror, which is really just glass painted black on the back, and they both help me trance out FAST, but I haven't had any visions yet. Still, the obsidian is just right for the kind of healing that I need to work on, and it is sooooo stunning.

Ethereal_Phoenix

Oh wow!

Is a Scrying Plate anything like a Scrying Mirror? I was going to get an Obsidian Mirror but thought the sphere is far to enchanting to pass up and how different could they really be, you know? I used a chalice to scry in once or twice, couldn't see past my reflection though! lol

mingbop

I've got a black scrying mirror that I like, and a black obsidian ball. The husband took one look at it and said "it's a billiard ball, you've been done" LOL!
But I get on much better with black than with crystal.

canid

OK everybody, huddle up. Listen to Ming. I know firsthand she's touched; she has the sight.

Ming, do you use it at Circle? I do believe I'm off today to the rock store...

HearthCricket

Ethereal_Phoenix said:
Is a Scrying Plate anything like a Scrying Mirror? I was going to get an Obsidian Mirror but thought the sphere is far to enchanting to pass up and how different could they really be, you know? I used a chalice to scry in once or twice, couldn't see past my reflection though! lol

Well, I ended up not getting it. I was informed that it was obsidian, but after they told me the price, I got suspicious. Too cheap. It was just black glass. They did have another obsidian flat chunk, about 8 inches in diameter and heavy, but it had scratches on it and they were asking 155.00 for it. Crazy since the pure black surface was already ruined. So, I will be sticking with my spheres and seeing stones for now. If the right scrying bowl comes into my life, I will know it!

Ethereal_Phoenix

Ohh yea, ordering online terrifies me. I'm about to shell out nearly Two Hundred dollars total...I found the sites here on the ''Trusted gemstone sites'' Thread but I'm still worried. Pardon my asking but why have a scrying bowl if you already have a sphere?

HearthCricket

Ethereal_Phoenix said:
Ohh yea, ordering online terrifies me. I'm about to shell out nearly Two Hundred dollars total...I found the sites here on the ''Trusted gemstone sites'' Thread but I'm still worried. Pardon my asking but why have a scrying bowl if you already have a sphere?

To try something different, of course! Why have more than one book, or one tarot deck, one oracle or one movie you watch over and over again. To broaden one's horizons and, in this case, enjoy the challenge of working with a different tool and see what comes of it! :D

Ethereal_Phoenix

I'm eager to try a scrying bowl but didn't think about how scrying in water is different than a gem!! It's a nifty thing to know how to do!
1. Your Sphere could break and you would have a back up plan.
2. You could get stranded on a desert island and scry with the ocean water! lol I know if I got stranded I would scry all day and night!
I also didn't think about the fact that you could have better results with one or the other!

FatesLady

Different scrying tools might also suit different needs or emotions. I know which Tarot deck I turn to when I need a hug from the universe...

canid

I bought a 40x30mm oval onyx today for $9. Haven't tried it out yet. It fits right in my palm & is super shiny. My quartz ball works very well for me but I want to try something different.