bone casting

mrs ahab

Hi does anyone here do bone casting. I would be interested to learn more, after searching out some bone related divination i see that there is more to it than bones and as a collector of curios and found objects this appeals to me very much. It seems to be a very personal and intuitive way of reading.

Id love to know more or if you can point me in the way of any good books or website that would be great too,

thanks

Mrs A

Asher

What a coincidence! I have recently become interested in bone (and curio) casting after a friend gave a presentation to our local Meetup. She brought her casting set and we got to play with it...I was hooked!

Two books I (and my friend) would recommend:

_Bones, Shells and Curios - A Contemporary Method of Casting the Bones_ by Michele Jackson (Tarot reader too). Published by Lucky Mojo Curio Company (available on Amazon)

_ Throwing the Bones - How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells and Nuts_ by catherine yronwode. Also from Lucky Mojo (available on Amazon)

Michele also has a great website: bonesshellsandcurios.com. It is full of great articles, how-to ideas and pictures. She also offers teaching sessions via Skype. I'm planning to set up a tutorial with her when I feel ready. My friend took a couple of classes from Michele and speaks very highly of her.

I'm in the process of putting my casting set together. It's so much fun finding just the right pieces that speak to me.

Good luck with your exploration of this unique divination system. Maybe when we're ready, we can exchange readings!

mrs ahab

What a coincidence! I have recently become interested in bone (and curio) casting after a friend gave a presentation to our local Meetup. She brought her casting set and we got to play with it...I was hooked!

_Bones, Shells and Curios - A Contemporary Method of Casting the Bones_ by Michele Jackson (Tarot reader too). Published by Lucky Mojo Curio Company (available on Amazon)

_ Throwing the Bones - How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells and Nuts_ by catherine yronwode. Also from Lucky Mojo (available on Amazon)

Michele also has a great website: bonesshellsandcurios.com. It is full of great articles, how-to ideas and pictures. She also offers teaching sessions via Skype. I'm planning to set up a tutorial with her when I feel ready. My friend took a couple of classes from Michele and speaks very highly of her.

I'm in the process of putting my casting set together. It's so much fun finding just the right pieces that speak to me.

Good luck with your exploration of this unique divination system. Maybe when we're ready, we can exchange readings!

hi, yes these are the two books i came across. I litrally only just explored this lasst night and ive been thinking about it all night, it completley fascinates me. I am very keen to follow this path and see where it goes, so yes lets keep in touch and when we are ready see what we can learn together. I have infact many small peices i have collected over the years that could be used, many from grandmothers etc which feel like this is what they have been waiting for!

best wishes

Mrs A

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks, Asher, for those book recommendations. I have a huge collection of seashells and have been thinking of creating a "tarot" out of them, but "throwing the bones" sounds more like what the shells were meant for. If anyone has more information about divination with seashells specifically, I'd be interested to hear about it!

mrs ahab

Hi, i wonder if you might be ready for this now, i think I am!!! be great to get some practice and discuss it some more with you, even better to exchange.

darkkittie099

Hey guys!

I actually ordered the book by Michele Jackson the other day (Bones, Shells & Curios) and I absolutely love it<3. If you guys do decide to make like a study group or continue posting up here that would be awesome. I have not gotten my bone set yet (although I am planning to very soon) but so far I have been collecting knick knacks here and there. I have gotten bored of Tarot and other card reading techniques and want to try something new.