Books We Actually Use

BodhiSeed

Though actually more of a booklet than a book, Lee Bursten's companion that came with the Universal Tarot of Marseille is what made understanding how to read Marseille decks a snap for me. :)

Late Starter

I am far along in Kim Huggens' Tarot 101. Her approach to the court cards has been very useful in helping me understand these 16 cards - (although I am still kinda weak with them!).

MissChiff

Though actually more of a booklet than a book, Lee Bursten's companion that came we the Universal Tarot of Marseille is what made understanding how to read Marseille decks a snap for me. :)

I agree... This book or booklet really made the difference for me....

daphne

Can you recommend this book if one needs to get deeper meanings to the tens in the minor arcana and how they connect to the aces and the wheel of fortune?

Or another book, maybe?

The best for discussing the minors RWS, I found "Tarot and the tree of life - Finding everyday wisdom in the minor arcana" by Isabel Radow Kliegman.

G6

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Jana Riley

I just found this at the used bookstore nearby and what I really like about this one is that it compiles about 15 different interpretations for each card from different tarot gurus.

Just brilliant! Cuts down on looking through several sources. I wish I knew about this one when I started reading!

On Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Diction...=1-1&keywords=tarot+dictionary+and+compendium

foolMoon

For Thoth Tarot, I use following books.

Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette
The Thoth Companion: The Key to the True Symbolic Meaning of the Thoth Tarot by Snuffin
The Crowley Tarot by Hajo Banzhaf
The Book of Thoth by A. Crawley

Luna's Crone

Are you speaking of the original or the updated book?

the original i think. let me look. 1992. is there an updated version. this is my go to book after i went to all the other books.

i have 101 by kim huggins
tarot in 78 days
on my tablet I have pictorial, the ultimate guide to tarot l. dean, tarot 101 t. Volpone, 2 volumes by papa john on majors and minors, tru tarot card meanings by andrea green, intuitive tarot kelly walace, learn tarot in a day i. eshey, These are mainly for reading while waiting in a doctors office or something. thats kindle.

on nook i have the symbols of tarot by laughing womyn ashonosheni. i haven't looked at this one yet.

also on kindle to spread books, one by barbara moore.

and i got today, psychic tarot by nancy antenuccie sofback and Tarot for yourself by Mary.
I am going to get her reversals book too. also snuffins for thoth next year and tarot wisdom by pollack. that may be it for rws books.

oh yeah, got a great app called Tarot academy and its free, it has all the original short versions of rws. its my first go to since i am still learning the cards and i feel basic original meaning are important.

rwcarter

the original i think. let me look. 1992. is there an updated version.
There are two editions of the updated version. If memory serves, there are three books in color (one each on Majors, Courts and Minors) and one B&W book (that encompassed all the cards) that came out in 2014.

Luna's Crone

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Jana Riley

I just found this at the used bookstore nearby and what I really like about this one is that it compiles about 15 different interpretations for each card from different tarot gurus.

Just brilliant! Cuts down on looking through several sources. I wish I knew about this one when I started reading!

On Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Diction...=1-1&keywords=tarot+dictionary+and+compendium

i just ordered this and amazon, sent the sample to read while i wait for my book to come.

Luna's Crone

There are two editions of the updated version. If memory serves, there are three books in color (one each on Majors, Courts and Minors) and one B&W book (that encompassed all the cards) that came out in 2014.

mine's b&w, but 1992. I think i paid 50 cents for it plus shipping about a year ago. I will have to search out the other two volumes.