Can you read for someone you have NEVER seen/met?

Laura Borealis

Yes, she is asking for someone who does not even know I am reading for them or that we (my friend and I) exist :p But naturally, I felt this terrible blockage and I just couldn't read.

I think I would too, if I was asked to read for someone hypothetical.

It was a stupid question, I guess.. :-/

Not at all, it's an interesting question.

I think some who answered have gotten hung up on "person you've never met." Yes, we do readings for people we've never met here on AT -- but they're people we know to exist, and can interact with online. You're asking about something different -- someone you and your friend have not identified and can't interact with. A hypothetical person. That's way different than reading for a partner here who can give feedback on accuracy.

Girl Archer

Aw, Girl Archer! No question is stupid! ;) You had a valid question and I think you did the right thing to not force yourself into providing an answer you didn't feel you had within you to give...

Gee Padma, thanks for making me feel better :) did you know that padma means lotus in sanskrit? So your username is pretty much Lotus (squared) ? :)

Girl Archer

I think I would too, if I was asked to read for someone hypothetical.

Not at all, it's an interesting question.

I think some who answered have gotten hung up on "person you've never met." Yes, we do readings for people we've never met here on AT -- but they're people we know to exist, and can interact with online. You're asking about something different -- someone you and your friend have not identified and can't interact with. A hypothetical person. That's way different than reading for a partner here who can give feedback on accuracy.

That's right. That is precisely what I wanted to know. So judging from a few replies here it is possible but not advisable and also the accuracy won't be known until much later right (if ever i.e.) ?

Laura Borealis

That's right. That is precisely what I wanted to know. So judging from a few replies here it is possible but not advisable and also the accuracy won't be known until much later right (if ever i.e.) ?

That would be my take on it, basically. I don't know about the "not advisable" part, though -- in my opinion, go for it, what's the harm? Exploring potentiality isn't a bad thing, as long as you keep in mind that's what it is. :)

Girl Archer

These things do work in mysterious ways. Seven years back, there was a time when a friend of mine kept falling sick and would go into these mysterious depression modes, and she kept saying the same thing about The One needing her... As it turns out, many years later we found that her husband had at that very point in time been trying to hurt himself because he felt responsible for his first break up with his gf of 3yrs.

So, I guess I can do it as long as I draw the line hypothetical and reality.

Aulruna

Personally, I would have problems with that particular constellation, mostly because the whole soulmate concept does not work for me at all. I know we encounter people who deeply touch our souls, but I have nt yet come to a conclusion if there is one in particular who would stand out, if everybody has (just) one etc.

I would feel like reading about where their next spaceshuttle trip will go...

Third party readings are less of an issue for me than for many others here, but reading for a third party who might not yet be born, be already dead or just nonexistent would very likely lead me to misinterpret the cards.

Girl Archer

Personally, I would have problems with that particular constellation, mostly because the whole soulmate concept does not work for me at all. I know we encounter people who deeply touch our souls, but I have nt yet come to a conclusion if there is one in particular who would stand out, if everybody has (just) one etc.

I would feel like reading about where their next spaceshuttle trip will go...

Third party readings are less of an issue for me than for many others here, but reading for a third party who might not yet be born, be already dead or just nonexistent would very likely lead me to misinterpret the cards.

Going a bit off topic here, it is said that the soul is divided in to seven bits. Which means each of us must have six soul mates? Anyway, I am curious about the thing you said about most likely misinterpreting the cards. How would that be? I mean isn't that pretty much your usual, take the cards and interpret them and feel intuitively? The intuition part might be off though, because you wouldn't know anything there..

Padma

Gee Padma, thanks for making me feel better :) did you know that padma means lotus in sanskrit? So your username is pretty much Lotus (squared) ? :)

hahahah! Yep, I know :) I am a Gemini so I kinda did that on purpose - there are two of me squared :)

nisaba

Also, you've got to bear in mind that "soulmates" are not necessarily your lovers, in fact they are your lovers relatively rarely. Even lifetime deep loves may be just that. If the client asks a question like that when it is someone else in their life and not their lover who is a soulmate, they might get answers that are not relevant for their lover at all.

A soulmate is someone who has a multiple-lifetime deal with you to help each other learn the hard lessons, the hard decisions, and we all probably have several of them.

For instance, one of mine might be the gentleman who raped me in the middle eighties - during the event I accessed memories of being thrown off a riverboat and sinking (because I didn't know how to swim and was wearing a ridiculously large, heavy dress) whilst looking up at him watching me carefully as I died.

One of mine might be the ex, who was dealing with multiple addictions and later became murderously psychotic - she was a real test of strength and character, and whilst I spent a few hours standing over her comatose body once with a claw hammer, it is a point of pride that I never actually hit her.

One of mine might be my father: between him and me, something sad and unspoken had clearly happened, and we never ever communicated. I should have loved him, I suppose, but it's very hard to love someone who is only pretending to be human for a lifetime, and is trapped.

Oh, and whatever was happening with any of them, to date I have never *dreamt* about reading on any of them.

SunChariot

Silly question I guess, but I got this after a friend asked me to read and tell her "What her soulmate was going through" because she kept falling into these mysteriously lows and she would get these weird dreams that her soul mate needs her or some such thing... So, can one read for a person they have NEVER met, and how accurate is that reading bound to be, because who are you supposed to be focusing on, while doing the reading? You can't just say "my soulmate" because there are supposedly seven of those! Right?

What do you guys do in such situations? Also, what is the best spread to use in such a case? CC?

Absolutely, I have a Tarot business based on that fact. I only read remotely, via e-mail. I never see the querent, or know anything about them except for their question. I have never met anyone I read for and know nothing about them. All i ask is their first name and if the question is about their relationship with someone else I need their first name or initials and that's it.

And it works very well. Ive often been told my readings are "scary accurate".

I don't know about 7 soulmates. A soulmate is to me just someone whom you have probably known in other lifetimes and have a close bond with and with whom your souls have agreed to share something deep in this lifetime. Some people only meet up with one in their lives, some don't at all. I feel like I have had a couple already.

What I connect too? Personally, I never try to connect ot the querent anyway or to anyone invilved in the question. For me, and this differs from person to person, when I read I try to connect to the Divine...Divination , for me, is a communcation with the Divine. In my belief system it is my angels whom I am talking with and who know all , past, present and future. Actually, I do on occasion read for close friends. But that is ever harder because I know them. And I have to keep our connection out of it. It is still about tryingto connect to the Divine for me. So what I do know about them can be a hindreance and colour things if I dont try to keep that out of my mind. I need to be like a blank slate to hear clealry what is being told to me as the answer, not to have other beliefs and thoghts floating around, if you know what I mean. It is harder to read for someone I know for me actually. It can be done of course, but it is harder, It means I have to make an effort to keep my mind clear of the poersonal stuff, when with a stranger I do not have to make that effort.

Spreads? I almost never ever use em. I prefer not to.

Babs