Cards that make you decide to buy a deck

karenquilter

I was looking at the Ironwing Tarot, & the card that made me want the deck was Death.

For the Pen Tarot, it was the Wheel of Fortune.

The Legacy of the Divine, the Hermit.

What decks have "decider" cards for you?
K

FatesLady

In general I have to love the Empress and the Queen of Pents or I just can't get into a deck. Justice on the Haindl caught my eye, though...

morticia monroe

Off the top of my head, with the Archeon it was the Five of Wands.

The Maat was the King of Cups.

The Victoria Regina was The Chariot.

ilweran

Off the top of my head:

Victoria Regina - The Moon
Bohemian Gothic - Queen of Swords
Greenwood - Strength
Tarot of the Master - Moon
Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk - Wheel of Fortune

Usually I like to see Queen & 9 Swords and the Moon.

Astraea Aurora

Anna K. ~ Death and High Priestess
Archeon ~ Star and High Priestess
Bohemian Gothic ~ Devil
DruidCraft ~ Empress and Devil
Hanson-Roberts ~ Lovers, Star, Moon and Queen of Cups
Halloween ~ the cat!
Glastonbury ~ Empress
Nigel Jackson ~ Empress, Temperance and Two of Wands
Old Path ~ Four of Swords and Empress
Phantasmagoric Theater ~ Moon
Robin Wood ~ High Priestess
Tarot of the Dead ~ Death
Vacchetta ~ Star and Moon
Vanessa ~ Fool, Emperor and Hierophant

Yepp, that's about it. Not really a system but then I let myself get inspired by the artwork a lot so no need for deal maker cards.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Raindance

For Me:

Connolly Tarot ~ The Magician

Manga Tarot ~ The lovers and two of swords

Tarot of Moon Garden ~ The Moon

Lilija

Before I looked at any other card in the Bohemian Gothic, I looked hard at the Strength card, and bought the deck specifically for that.

I bought the Sacred Rose for the backs.

I bought the Robin Wood for the Death card, too.

I got the Hanson Roberts for the Strength card, as well.

avalonian

I had no intention of getting the Bohemian Gothic till I saw that Strength card.

From the moment I saw that card I had to have that deck.

And I still think it is as stunning as the first time I saw it.

:) :) :)

hopena

I missed out on the Bohemian Gothic, but that Strength card had me wishing that I could afford the Silver edition, when it was released... I still love it.

Victorian Romantic ~ The Star, The Empress, The Sun, The World, Ace of Cups, Six of Swords, Nine of Swords, The High Priestess. I also like that the Magician looks older and wiser - a bit tired.

Oracle Tarot ~ The Magician, on the front. I hardly ever use it, but it was my first (given to me as a gift, when bought from a HayHouse Summer sale, in 2005).

DruidCraft ~ I don't remember. I saw the images on the site of the creators, and just had to have it.

Faeries Oracle ~ same as the DruidCraft. I just had to have it.

Ditto for the Halloween and the Fairytale (Magic Realist)

Fantastic Menagerie ~ Definitely the Hermit card. I wish that I had a print of that picture, to hang on my wall. :heart:

Mystic Faerie ~ an impulse buy, when I was very sad, and loved the light colours on the box. I liked the Ten of Pentacles, on the box.

Magical Forest ~ I can't find my deck, and I'm missing it. :( I loved Strength and The Star, and when I saw that little bug-eyed Magician looking out at me from the cabinet in the bookstore, I forgot where I was, and let out a little squeal. :love:

Deviant Moon ~ I wasn't sure about it, until I couldn't walk away from it in the bookstore. My mother had taken me there on Christmas Eve, asking me what I liked the look of ~ she noticed that I kept picking up the box, so she bought it for me.

I have yet to buy the Tarot of the Dead, but on the box, I loved Death, and the Hanged Man (holding onto his skull). That one made me smile. :) The Moon and The Lovers are two of the cards that make me want Tarot of the Master.