Cards with a mind of their own!

wandering_star

The 9pents has been appearing in my spreads a lot, in different positions and such with both of my decks.

Last night I had my decks in bed with me while I was doing some studying, one of which I didn't even end up removing from the case, although the lid was off. I put them away and when I laid down my hand landed right on a card. It was the 9pents from the deck which I didn't end up using that night.

I'm trying to understand what this card could be telling me but it's really not a card with a lot of significant meaning behind it, at least I don't think so.

Anyways, I thought it was funny that it somehow ended up in my bed under the sheets just waiting for my hand to land on it.

Star

rwcarter

star,

From your profile, I'm guessing one of the decks is the RWS. What's the other one? The imagery would definitely affect what advice I can give you about what the card might be trying to tell you.

The RWS 9P could be trying to tell you that you need to spend some time alone, enjoy your solitude or become comfortable with yourself. Enjoy your surroundings. Get outdoors some more and enjoy nature.

HTH,
Rodney

wandering_star

Yes it is the RWS.

I only have one other deck which is the mystic faeries.

I think that must be true, I am having trouble being alone lately, I've been wanting to spend time with others to the point where being by myself is just torture.

But, I've just come out of a hermit phase in my life and I was alone almost every day for a few months.. so wanting to socialize is definitely a different frame of mind for me.

rwcarter

I should've known that about the Mystic Faeries, huh? ;) Might be a good idea to update your profile though so that people who shouldn't know that will have a better idea of what deck you might be talking about.

Well, the 9P in that deck says to me that you need to spend time with a few close friends. Just hang out. You don't have to do anything, just be. It looks to me like they're reenergizing each other just from their proximity to one another.

Maybe in juxtaposition to one another, the two nines are trying to highlight the difference between being alone and being lonely? The woman in the RWS card is alone, but she doesn't look lonely to me. And the faerie in the MF deck has companions with her. I enjoy being alone, but I can't remember the last time I was lonely.

If you're at the point where being by yourself is just torture, then maybe you should consider what I said in my first post - you need to become comfortable with yourself. If you don't enjoy your own company, what makes you think other people will enjoy your company or that you'll enjoy other people's company?

HTH,
Rodney

wandering_star

I enjoy myself, but I've been solitary for a long time now by choice and now I want to socialize, but I'm finding it hard to make friends.

I suppose the bottom line would be to work on my self-esteem.

rwcarter

If it helps, I'll be your friend! :)

wandering_star

yeah online friends are so much easier to make because they don't have to look at me.

x_shadow_xx

I have the RWS too,

To me she seems very calm in the card. She's not really alone, she has her hobby on her arm, so is happy doing her own thing.
The almost unnoticed snail is sat in the card, maybe suggesting that you shouldn't try so hard to make friends, as someone is already there for you that you're not seeing.

wandering_star

Well I haven't really tried that hard, that's why I haven't made any.

I work from home, I live with my ex, and I only go out to see my family.. sooooooo lol.. that's probably the issue.

I have been feeling the urge to pick up on my old hobbies that I dropped when I fell in love 5 years ago.

rwcarter

wandering_star said:
yeah online friends are so much easier to make because they don't have to look at me.
wandering_star said:
I suppose the bottom line would be to work on my self-esteem.
Now, now, now.... Beauty is as beauty does. So if you walk around with a huge Medusa mask on your shoulder, no, people aren't going to want to look at you. But if you walk around with an air of "I'm a person that you need to know!" people are going to be clamoring for your attention. So, yeah, work on that self-esteem!

(((((wandering_star)))))

Your friend,
Rodney