Changing your Fate!

Ambience

I did a reading in the morning to see how my day would go and got the dreaded 3 swords in the spread. I really don't like this as last time i got this card, i fell off a horse and it hurt quite badly.

So having realised what this card means to me, i thought to myself. I don't want this to be my day, what can i do to change my fate?

I asked the cards how i should conduct myself throughout the day and then i asked the cards what my day would be if i conducted myself as the cards suggested?

The outcome was good and my day actually turned out okay. I saw the points in the day where the three of swords would have caused me so much pain. This was in relation to my boyfriend. I could have said things which would have caused him to leave and then in turn caused me distress and pain.

I'm glad i consulted the cards as they led me to a good outcome, but i'm abit worried that they can be self fulfilling, or that we can live our lives in a self fulfilling way.

My friend reminded me that it's important to trust in God and not just to rely on tarot cards, that i should make my day not based on what fate gives me, but based on what i want it to be. Plan it accordingly and take the neccesary steps to make my dreams become reality.

I think that tarot cards can be benificial if used to change fate in this way. What do you think. Any other suggestions on how tarot cards can be used in a benificial way even if the outcomes are negative?

Thanks ,
Love Janey xx

Morwenna

I see it rather as a warning: this is what could happen if things go on as they are. But forewarned is forearmed. You saw a card that boded ill and asked further questions. As a result, you were able to pay better attention to things that might have made such a card come true and were able to stop yourself from making a mistake that you might have made glibly if you hadn't had any warning.

IMO. :)

Nevada

While I think you and I define "fate" differently (for me, the phrase "change your fate" is a contradiction in terms), I know what you mean about Tarot helping to make those adjustments in life that keep us out of trouble -- or at least out of more trouble than we otherwise might encounter. It aids in self-awareness, self-direction, and I frankly can't imagine living without my little decks of advisors. :) I'm glad you were able to have a better day because of Tarot.

Sinduction

I'm a big believer in the Universal Laws, like attract like and what-not. So I'm always trying to attract peace and harmony in my life.

I see no reason why tarot should not be used in this way. I believe that if bad is to happen, it is to further our soul, so any beneficial badness will not be passed over. But perhaps lessened, with our lesson still learned.

That's how I see it. :D Or rather, how I choose to see it.

marty

I pull 5 daily cards each morning after my cup of coffee.
The other day my last two were the ace of swords reversed and the moon. I don't ever want to see those two cards AGAIN!! If I would have listened to the Tarot, I wouldn't have said some very mean and hurtful things that hit someone "to the bone"..deep deeeeeeep emotional accusations during a "heated discussion"..

I honestly believe you can change your fate with the cards. I see nothing wrong with wanting what is best, or trying to understand a situation

SunChariot

I suppose the word "fate" implies something that cannot be changed. When something is our "fate" it can't be avoided, that to me is what the word means. Then again I don't believe in fate, especially not when it comes to readings.

I do believe the future can is very fluid and can be changed most fo the time, like 90% of the time it can be changed.

My belief is that about 90% of the time our futures and the futures predicted in our readigns can be changed. And when the can't it is because there is an important life lesson that we need to learn from what if coming to advance spiritually in our lives. And we have to learn it (and it has to be learnt now) to move on to a better place in our lives. But short of that my belief is that the future can usually be changed.

Yes, your Tarot cards are an excellent tool to change your future. Using them to predict the future is the mere tip of the iceberg of what they can do.

The future is so changeable that the future we see in Tarot readings is usually just one of many possible futures. It is simply the future we are heading towards at the exact moment in time that the reading was done. It is where we would have ended up if nothing changes from the time the reading was done until the time the event it predicted was set to take place.

"If nothing changes...."But armed with the knowledge and understanding of where we are heading we can set out purposely to change the future. If we don't like the future the cards tell us is coming we don't have to just sit there feeling upset, we can very much take steps to change it.

I have done it many times and it works. If you don't like what is coming, you can do more readings to ask things like "Why am I heading in this direction now?" and my favourite "What steps can I take now that will change the future as shown in my cards (today) to "X" (fill in "X" as what you want your future to be). Pull a bunch of cards and they will give you a master plan of steps you can take to purposefully change your future. Unless they tell yuo that it can't be changed, but that has rarely happened to me. And if it does I accept that what is happening is for the best and that I will understand why later and be thankful for it,

But most of the time the reading will yield a master plan of how to avoid that future you do not want and to head off towards the one you do want.

And if you break it down into steps and take them seriosuly and follow them you should in fact end up at the future you want, instead of the one originally got that you didn't want.

When I am doing this work, I tend to check in periodically, like every three or four weeks I ask the original question again to see if my future has changed yet.Then I keep working on those steps until I can see that my future has really and truly changed to what I want it to be. Or course if other questions come to you, you can ask them later as you go.

I have done this a number of times and it's worked for me. I was once told in a reading that I was heading for a bad hurtful breakup with a man I love. Needless to say I did not like to hear that one bit, and I was quite upset. I did find out why (I was trying to push things too fast at the time , which was not beneficial) adn I was told what I needed to do to fix things. And I took it seriously. I did purposely slow things down and I purposely followed the advice I was given on how to change things.

And starting in about two months later I started to see real changes, happiness showing up in our future, all things about a happy future. Now my cards very often say that we will be married one day.

I beleive 100% that I changed my future in that way, through the cards. And that is just one example of one time when I did that.

Often I even skip the first step. If I know what future I want to end up in, I just ask my cards what steps I can take now that will lead me to point "X" in the future, then I take them. In that way yuo can purposely create the future you want. Yes, Tarot cards ARE a tool that can let you do all that.

They will answer anything you ask, and yes they do let you work with the future as they can foresee it in advance. So you can see where you are going or what path will take you to "X" point in the future. The cards can see all the different outcomes you can end up at depending on which steps you take and they can tell you which steps to take to get to where you want to go.

Truly amazing thing, Tarot is. Sometimes I don't think there is any limits to what it can do. Anything you can ask, it can tell you.

That was interesting how your friend said it is important to trust in G-d and not just in Tarot cards. I don't really see a big distinction between the two. Your friend may not have a lot of experience with Tarot, but I believe the Tarot to be a tool through with I can communicate with G-d and the angels. When I am doing a reading I am asking them to send me the answers. And they send me back the asnwers through the cards. The answers I get in readings, including those that tell me how to change my life for the better, to me all my answers I get come from G-d and teh angels. I ask and they send me the answers through this tool that is the Tarot.

No, my belief is that we are in charge of our lives. What yuo see in the cards is not self-fulfilling unless it really and truly is in your best interest for it to happen. All that happens when we can't change something is because we are trying to change it (because we cannot fully see the future) to something that will not be as good for us or make us ultimately as happy. When we try to do so, we are protected from ourselves.

But otherwise, we are in charge of our lives and we can use Tarot to take them where we want them to go. And no just because something shows up in your cards in Tarot, does not make it suddenly become a self-fulfilling prophesy. The cards do not show TRUTH in that way, as if there were only one truth of the situation and it was fate or cannot be avoided.

That is not how they work. They simply show us one future amongst many. They simply show us the future we were currently moving towards at the time the reading was done. That is one future amongst many. And no it is not set in stone. We can change it.

To me this is one of Tarot's greatest uses.

:heart:

Babs

Ambience

Okay thankyou everyone that is really helpful.

So would i be right in tarot being taken, more as the friendly advice of someone who knows you well, knows how you have been behaving and can predict outcomes based on your behavior. They may be right, there may be some truth in it, but ultimately you are the creator of your destiny and tarot can be used as a blessing in terms of gods way of guiding you in the right direction if you are going off your path that you wish to create for yourself?

SunChariot

Ambience said:
Okay thankyou everyone that is really helpful.

So would i be right in tarot being taken, more as the friendly advice of someone who knows you well, knows how you have been behaving and can predict outcomes based on your behavior. They may be right, there may be some truth in it, but ultimately you are the creator of your destiny and tarot can be used as a blessing in terms of gods way of guiding you in the right direction if you are going off your path that you wish to create for yourself?

To my understanding of it, it's not a matter of the cards "might be" right. They "are" right at the time the reading is done. That is where you were heading at the time the reading was done. Meaning basically if you had not had a reading done and did not make any attempt to change thigns, that would have been your future and would have been exactly where you ended up.

But armed with knowledge of your future, where you were heading, you can purposely change the future. If you want to consider the reading as the advice of a friend, then it would be a friend then who is psychic and can accurately see the future.

There are many possible outcomes to any situation, and yes the cards cannot tell you THE outcome as there are many possible. They only tell you, and acurately too, the future you are heading towards at the time. And even then sometimes when you ask the future it is not yet formed clearly enough for the cards to answer. Not only are many possible futures that change by how you think and act, but sometimes when you ask the future is not even formed clearly enough for the cards to answer, and it could become almost anything.,

Sometimes I ask about the future and the cards will say that it can't be predicted at that time as it is not yet set and anything could still happen. The future is not formed yet and so it could just as easily go etiher way.

Or sometimes the cards will say that the future is still unknown and it depends on the actions of the other person involved, and they are still on the fence and have no idea what they want to do yet. Whichever decision they make will change your future kind of thing.

Anyway, the point I was working around is the cards are right and they can predict the future (if and when it is set and clearly enough formed), but that future is also usually changable.

As for how or why it works, or how or why anything works in Tarot, no one really knows for sure although we all have our own theories. Mine is still that when I do I reading I am asking my angels for the answers, and THEY are perfectly able to see the future. But yes, that future can change because we all have free will.

That's how I see it all anyway, :grin:

Babs

Nevada

SunChariot said:
I suppose the word "fate" implies something that cannot be changed. When something is our "fate" it can't be avoided, that to me is what the word means. Then again I don't believe in fate, especially not when it comes to readings.

I do believe the future can is very fluid and can be changed most fo the time, like 90% of the time it can be changed.

My belief is that about 90% of the time our futures and the futures predicted in our readigns can be changed. And when the can't it is because there is an important life lesson that we need to learn from what if coming to advance spiritually in our lives. And we have to learn it (and it has to be learnt now) to move on to a better place in our lives. But short of that my belief is that the future can usually be changed.
That's very much how I see it. I believe in fate, but in combination with a much greater abundance of choice in life. To me fate is what we can't possibly change, such as the stars we're born under, the genetic family we're born into, natural disaster and unavoidable accidents. I believe that those fateful things, even though they can't be changed themselves, can be adapted or adjusted to in a great number of ways by choice.

nisaba

marty said:
The other day my last two were the ace of swords reversed and the moon. I don't ever want to see those two cards AGAIN!!
A though - jnot specifically for you, but generally thrown into the mix: if you pull a card you don't like or that seems to offer bad news, why not deliberately choose a card with the energy you *do* want to attract into your life, and place it over the top of the other one and leave it like that for the day? Every time the day seems to be going off the rails and reminding you of the first card, deliberately remember the chosen card, and ask yourself what you can do to pull back that energy into your moment.