Chinese style deck

Aerin

Microsoft Paint lets you save files as jpg/ jpegs and it comes free with pcs running Microsoft operating systems.

It's under Accessories, same place as the calculator and so-on. Not very sophisticated but worth a go.

willowfox

Finally found a way to paste some pictures, used photobase.

Attachments

• oc18$002.jpg
    oc18$002.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 94

Aerin

Ah!

Pretty.

I like that. Titles in English then...

willowfox

But does anyone have an idea what these cards are supposed to be?

Fans and flags = wands and cups or vice versa?

euripides

Well along the way I've discovered a Japanese game called Hanafuda., which you might enjoy investigating. Interesting deck that could be of interest to Playing Card readers! And a game called Karuta http://www.japanese-games-shop.com/karuta.html which I would love to get in English! What a beautiful idea - cards and poetry combined!

I'm SO frustrated that I can't find this deck. Normally I'm a Google Guru.

cardlady22

willowfox said:
But does anyone have an idea what these cards are supposed to be?

Fans and flags = wands and cups or vice versa?
I would vote for the fans to be Cups/emotion (hearts if we're talking a playing card suit) ~
flags equate to banners or pennants, so I'd use them for Wands. (capture the flag)

willowfox

I have tried all sorts of goggling and still non the wiser.

I have never ever seen those Japanese decks before.

cardlady22

willowfox, I have not seen this deck either. Would it be too much of a hassle for you to post the card back?
ETA: I'm still leaning toward it being a novelty playing card deck. Some have only a single Joker. If they put any identifying letters or characters from the publisher/brand, it would be on an Ace or the Joker.

willowfox

Here is a picture of the back, the King and the extra card. The language is Thai and all I can make out is that the cards are for fortune telling.

Attachments

• oc19$001.jpg
    oc19$001.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 99