Coloring tarot

Esther

I've yet to actually bring myself to buy a Rider-Waite deck precisely because of the coloring. It's hard for me to get past it, and it makes the deck very unappealing to me. I love the symbolism of the cards, but I've always seen the coloring as being bland. It's interesting thinking about the meaning of the colors chosen, though.

I am considering a Universal Waite deck, because I find the colors more appealing and more of a happy medium.

The crowned one

Ironically I am buying a Rider deck because of the colouring, my little brother made a "custom" deck for me where he modified the colours and a bit of the imagery, I found about 70% of the cards improved, but 30 % not to my taste, not a bad go all things considered and I will of course always love his deck (its bigger too, as am I) Still I need a new basic deck and Waite is the one. I am buying the "Radiant" with no research I assume it has brighter colours?

Gavriela

The Radiant strikes me as a little bit garish, and somehow the people look squished. You can take a look at some of the cards in the deck section here.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but you may like it.

The crowned one

Gavriela,

I have been using it for three days, It is a comfortable deck to use. Personally I find my brothers deck much more dramatic, but the contrast between colours in the radiant deck make the cards easy to use.

It is a workhorse deck.