Combination bag/cloth - does this exist?

Foucault

Now I have my beautiful (and small) Jean Noblet deck, I'd like something to carry it in.

I usually use 3 card layouts, often with extra cards added to the ends. The point is that I don't need a huge reading surface. I also want something that's not too bulky, so I can put this in a coat pocket for example.

I would like a bag, or some kind of wrapping that could double as my reading surface. I would prefer a plain surface to read on.

In my mind, I'm seeing a flat cloth that can be gathered around the deck to carry it in.

Does anything like this exist?

Thanks,

Graham.

sleepingcat

my mom made a rather ingenious bag that folds up like a wonton with gold clasps around the deck.

Wasnt too hard

lark

I've made a few tarot clothes that I've put pockets on.
I put my deck in the pocket and then fold the cloth around the deck.
Sometimes I attach a ribbon to tie the whole thing closed.
I do a lot of parties and away tarot readings so these pocket cloths grew out of my need to simplify and not have so much stuff to lug around.
And it's a quick grab and go...I keep a few extra favorite decks all wrapped up and ready to go.

Foucault

A cloth with a pocket - that would work.....

Graham.

lark said:
I've made a few tarot clothes that I've put pockets on.
I put my deck in the pocket and then fold the cloth around the deck.
Sometimes I attach a ribbon to tie the whole thing closed.
I do a lot of parties and away tarot readings so these pocket cloths grew out of my need to simplify and not have so much stuff to lug around.
And it's a quick grab and go...I keep a few extra favorite decks all wrapped up and ready to go.

Horace

paperback bookcovers

Hi Graham..

Many stationery stores carry cloth paperback bookcovers where the covers are slipped in and they tie in the middle. My Druidcraft fits perfectly but I don't think there is room as a spread cloth. Check Christian bookstores also. Many have Bible bookcovers the size of even the Hanson-Roberts. All can be lined with a spreadcloth.
and check somewhere in the lithomancy thread in Divination. I think it was bodhran who made a really cool drawstring spreadcloth for her sortiledge.
Good Luck! :) Hh

Sulis

Yep I've made cloths with a pocket in too.
They fold around the deck and are tied with a piece of ribbon or cord..
My cloths are double sided so the deck has plenty of padding.

Take a look at my website (button below this post) for some examples of my work.
Do feel free to drop me a PM too :)

ilweran

I'm sure on the site where you can pre-order the new version of the Alchemical Tarot they were selling a very pretty cushion cover as a cloth/bag and I thought that was quite a good idea.

Aulruna

ilweran said:
I'm sure on the site where you can pre-order the new version of the Alchemical Tarot they were selling a very pretty cushion cover as a cloth/bag and I thought that was quite a good idea.

Yes, that's what I'm doing, too - I have a beautiful pillowcase made from a sturdy, shimmering fabric, with tassels on all 4 corners. It zips in the back and can hold some extra stuff like candles or a book. I like the zipper solution a lot, because even if the cloth becomes undone, the content is still safely inside! Then I just fold it closed and tie it up.

Attachments

• pillowcase.jpg
    pillowcase.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 104
  • wrapped.jpg
    wrapped.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 96

Foucault

That is lovely, Aulruna! Not for me, though. I just want something I can tuck into a coat pocket. Just enough room for a deck. Something simple that won't get a man laughed at. nanab is making up something for me, and another friend has just offered to make me a bag too.

Thanks for the suggestions - keep them coming. I'm sure there are other guys in the same situation as me.

Graham.