Complete Book of Fortune Telling

Fulgour

Madame Zancig

I was recently able to find a copy of the Madame Zancig book

"How to Tell Fortunes by Cards - As Told by the Gypsies"

Now I'm going to be able to compare notes, and discover maybe
that we've been reading books by Gypsies (or copies) all along...

Court de Geblin, Levi, Etteilla, etc.~ all "passing" as rum doggys
but really just scribbling books based on Grandmother's wisdom.

colind

Black copy.

Read thread with interest. Has anyone heard of a copy of this book with a black cover. I remember my mothers copy and it was definately black with silver crystal ball etc.

Fulgour

Hello Colin

colind said:
Read thread with interest. Has anyone heard of a copy of this book with a black cover. I remember my mothers copy and it was definately black with silver crystal ball etc.
Books can be very exciting to remember after many years,
and yet they often change, going through many editions...
If you enter a few well-chosen key-words into eBay search
you may find auctions that show images also..."Have Fun!"

Based on your description of the cover,
try looking for:

THE FORTUNE TELLERS

Marshall Cavendish Publications

starchild

i had to bring this thread back up. i stumbled across this thread and was realy interested in the replys. my grandma had this book and its been one of the most important material things in my life. i remember as a small child watching my aunty do the halloween apple ritual in this book. i was sat on the sofa watching her. and i made her read me the meanings of all the playing cards. that meant anyone who walked into my grans house was given a reading by a 2 year old. and finally at three i learnt how to read as my aunty was fed up of the book. by the age of four i had read this book cover to cover many times over and i knew i would one day be a tarot reader. till then i stuck with the playing cards.
not surpricing at ten i bought my first set of tarot cards and knew the meanings from the book of by heart.
years later my gran gave her book to another aunty and i never realy forgave her for that.
but just befour my 29th bithday my mum asked me what i wanted more then anything and i said that book, out of impulse i went onto ebay and there it was. i basicaly went strait to it.
my mum pushed some buttons and shortly after i had my own copy in my hands. i will be honest. it was one of my happiest moments. although there is no print date in it. and i have a sneeky feeling that it is a copy whereas my grans was the origanal. so i owe that book a lot as im a tarot reader partly due to that book. and it is largly talked about in my own book that is so far unfinished.
i will just add one interesting thing here. my mum went to a tarot reader years ago and she told my mum many things that came true, including the death of my grandad. the tarot reader was spot on. and one thing she said very clearly was that in my grans house there was a very old green book that needed to be burnt. the book was bringing the most negative energys and that until the book was burnt our family would have no positive energys.
my mum told my gran and i refused to let her burn it. i begged and pleaded and the book stayed. although i will say that looking back there was a lot of negative energys in that house.
anyway when my nan passed the book onto my aunt the table seemed to change and my aunt went on have some terrible turn of events. i for one moment didnt connect the two as i dont beleive that so much bad stuff can happen due to one book.
but i will say that since i have my prised book i have almost died with a burst tumur, my good buisness has some how fallen dramaticaly to almost bankrupsy, we were swindled our of a lot of money due to a house we were in the prossess of buying. my husband has been very ill and has lost his job due to it.both my parents have become very ill and basically eveything i have touched since then has gone wronge. i sometimes feel i am going in reverse.
i look back in my dairy and up to that point life was going very well and forward and now i seem to be going bsckwards but...
im not sure how much i realy believe a book can be responsable for bad cercumstances, and after losing it for almost 30 years im not in a hurry to burn it.