Computer technology

SirRushing

One of my tarot books says that Page Pentacles is a computer nerd. I thought Page Swords would be more of computer nerd since the swords in general is all about fact, not opinion and nothing is more about facts than technology.

So how is pentacles a computer nerd and page swords is not?

nisaba

You read some really weird books.

No card is only one occupation.

Nachtigall

Being somewhat a computer nerd myself, I also tend to see the swords as representing the IT... But then again, PoP may be the one who works with hardware, while PoS tends to work with software more.

Golden Moon

Computers involve Brains, and Brains is ruled by Swords so yeah, it makes sence that the PoS is a computer wize.

Golden Moon

Maybe the PoP is a computer nerd becuase he might be researching information, documents, news articles online.

Thirteen

Page of Swords!

Golden Moon said:
Maybe the PoP is a computer nerd becuase he might be researching information, documents, news articles online.
I think that would still be PoS as Swords like information and news (PoP like to organize, which isn't quite the same thing). But, I think you're on the right track here all the same. PoP likes to organize, tinker and construct, and I could see a PoP being a "computer nerd" if he liked to actually build his own computers. He'd be very good at organizing all the parts and knowing what was missing or needed to make the thing work. What I can't see is a PoP being a computer nerd if we mean someone who spends a lot of time on computers communicating with others, arguing with others, discussing computer issues--like, say, whether flash is a good thing or not, or what the best platforms or word processing technology is.

I'm not even sure that I'd see a programmer or someone who creates software as a PoP. Once again, that would seem very Swords to me. Software is very much about special languages and knowing how to communicate commands to the computer and between computers. That's very Swords.

PoP as a "computer" nerd is the guy in the garage making a computer. Not the guy online talking and blogging about software or new technology. That's a PoS. And very generally speaking, I'd say that book was flat out wrong. The realm of computers belongs primarily to Swords. Most nerds, including computer nerds are going to be a PoS.

WolfyJames

I pretty much agree with Page of Swords being the geek computer person, the aquarius being the most possible match since they love technology (I'm one) and they're the nerd sign.

But I have to admit that of all the earth sign virgo has potentials to be a computer nerd too considering mercury rules virgo like it rules gemini and both like talking and communicating a lot.

Allison70

My guess is that the book writer reached that conclusion because they were relating pentacles to written communication, and saw computers as a modern version of that.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what the book says. What matters is what the card means to you in the reading that it appears in.

Thirteen

Allison70 said:
My guess is that the book writer reached that conclusion because they were relating pentacles to written communication
Um...but written communication is also Swords. It's not just verbal. Pents are labor, craft, and accounting. Nothing to do with written communications.

Unless one is somehow equating Pents accounting with the numbers that run computers? That's be a real stretch for me. Using an adding machine is not the same as using a computer. We're back to Swords if we're taking higher or theoretical mathematics rather than crunching numbers for ledgers and taxes.

Amanda

Is this what you are referring to?

Page of Pentacles
He is the student/apprentice of the tarot. He signifies the type of enthusiasm and wonder that young children bring to new projects. Totally fascinated with his studies, he makes little distinction between work and play. Think of him as the equivalent of the computer nerd who is completely immersed in his virtual world. -Power Tarot

If that's the right book and reference, then I think the proper equation here would be: Page of Pentacles is to work, as computer nerd is to virtual world. = Page of Pentacles completely immersed in work as if it were play.

I believe that is what the book is saying. Computer nerd to virtual world was just a reference to emphasize how much the Page of Pentacles likes his projects.