Consciouness vs Energy

Nevada

Dancing Bear said:
Are we Consciousness using Energy,
Or Energy Using Consciousness..???
Dancing Bear said:
This is like what comes first the chicken or the egg LOL!! I know exageration.
That's exactly what it is, and it is a paradox. But I think we can go back to many ancient teachings, from many cultures, such as the Binah and Hokmah of the Tree of Life, or the Shiva/Shakti relationship in Hinduism, and find the semblance of an answer. (I'm no more than a beginning student in either philosophy, so my apologies if I have something wrong there. :) )

There is no either or. We are both, and can't be just one or the other, or one using the other. They're interdependent. At least that's the way I see it.

Nevada

The crowned one

Sassyjackal said:
I remember looking at my mother being kept alive by a machine, everything working heart, the lungs needed help, but she was gone, body remained. It's funny, my mother and I had a strong pyschic bond..my other sisters were still talking to her still hoping, but I knew she was gone, even before they did the test..the body lived on, the spirit already gone. They kept her alive with the engergy that she did not have herself.

OK this is a example of a "zombie" a human being exactly identical to your Mom, but no consciousness. The main difference here is machines were keeping her in the "zombie" state, not her own intake of energy. She was not responding to her environment. She was not conscious. You have really nailed this one, and the word you choose was "spirit", that is what had left to you. So the body can exist and not breakdown without the "spirit", but it lacks consciousness. This is what I think you are saying. The "me" was gone. Machine or otherwise your mother had left. This would indicate the "consciousness" in your case, is NOT a part of the enity. Your observations at this point must be correct, for this not to be true I would have to prove the given discription is logically impossible. I can not come up with a contradiction to your statement, so for now it stands as true. Besides I agree with you.

What I must add is I am sorry for your loss and thank you for being so strong as to use her passing as a excellent example of Consciousness vs. Energy.

re-pete-a

well that very point was going to be the next . When the upper level dweller vacates, that does not mean that life or energy has stopped, on the contrary, energy and consciousness is still taking place, Just at a different level. So the unseen has left, only to invite the micro unseen in. It's all a matter of scale. Though to bring up another point , none of the discussed can be seen,only it's effects,at all levels.

Dancing Bear

Found a quote from Deepak Chopra

"Human beings are made of body, mind and spirit.
Of these, spirit is primary,
for it connects us to the source of everything,
the eternal field of consciousness."

re-pete-a

quotes are nice DB, but thats following another, your conclusions are much better, they're you.

Dancing Bear

LOL! Yeh i know.. but i really liked the quote LOL!!

I still cant get away from the concept that energy comes first LOL!!.
I have always seen us as energy and the consciouness bit wasnt even a thought..LOL!! and as TCO pointed out, that i am mixing consciousness with self consciousness.. in which i really do see as the same really.. for me to have consciousness we must be conscious of the fact we are of matter or the very least of energy.. to me that would be , being conscious of the self?..

The crowned one

Dancing Bear said:
LOL! Yeh i know.. but i really liked the quote LOL!!

I still cant get away from the concept that energy comes first LOL!!.
I have always seen us as energy and the consciouness bit wasnt even a thought..LOL!! and as TCO pointed out, that i am mixing consciousness with self consciousness.. in which i really do see as the same really.. for me to have consciousness we must be conscious of the fact we are of matter or the very least of energy.. to me that would be , being conscious of the self?..

It is a fine line in some ways and really not too important to this particular discussion. To be conscious of your environment does not make you self-aware. Some of this is just terminology and conceptual differences I suppose but the key is: one lives in the present and IT is never the subject of its thoughts, the other can relate its environment to Itself and is self conscious/aware. All life that reacts to its environment, in my mind, is conscious. I react to myself.

re-pete-a

ok , for the sake of this post lets assume that there's energy first, so what would energy be doing trying to evolve itself . There seems a gossamer thread to something else, a design, a plan, not something accidental, if it were, there would be no order in things.

Milfoil

Just a thought.

If energy and consciousness are linked, even on some levels, one in the same thing, what do we create when we split an atom?

The old healers knew that spirit intrusions caused bodily illness and we know that radiation causes the same . . . .

See where I'm going with this? ;)

Always Wondering

Milfoil said:
See where I'm going with this? ;)

I'm not sure, but you helped me settle something in my own mind.
My belief is that division, or the illusion of division, spiritual, mental or physical, causes dis-ease.

Perhaps consciousness and energy are the same, but we need to view them as separately to recognize the sameness?

Anyway this is what I will be contemplating today. Off to work.
Thanks Milfoil.

AW