contemplation (the hermit)

wind

I asked a question if a certain person still thinks about another person and I got IX.Contemplation (Hermit in other decks, I used the Goddes tarot deck).

My first feeling was: NO.Hermit means withdrawal, going deep into yourself, etc.

But than again, the card's name is not the Hermit, but CONTEMPLATION. That is actually a profound thinking. So maybe the answer is just the opposite: YES, a deep yes.

What do you think?

Citrin

Look at the card. Notice the details. Look at the person's facial expressions... And what do you feel? I think only you, your intuition, can tell you the right answer. But then again, what does the Hermit usually do? He thinks... It's up to you to tell what he/she thinks of. ;)

WolfSpirit

I agree with Citrin ~ it is up to you to decide.

I think you should go with what the card you have in front you shows you, not what the card is like in other decks. Your intuition made you choose this deck, so look at this one for the answers.

sunflowr

I'd say yes! He or she contemplates on this person. Maybe goes into their own little world where they don't do alot but hermitize and think.. and, since it's an answer to your question, yes.. maybe some of that thinking is about the other person.

Thirteen

The Hermit likes to figure thing out; likes to take things apart, know how they work, shine a light on it.

In this regard, yes, the person may well be thinking of this other person--but NOT in the way you likely asked about it. That's why your first instinct was "no." I'm guessing you asked about something having to do with romance or friendship. Our Hermit isn't "contemplating" this other person in that regard, they're contemplating them as they might a puzzle they want to figure out.

Also, contemplation is not the same as being focused or obessed--not the same as having this person on your mind day-in, day-out. The Hermit may contemplate them for a while, then go onto other things and come back later. He can be leisurely about it, like someone who works on a jigsaw puzzle whenever they happen to pass by.

That would be my thought on why you got such a mixed message.

wind

Hi, everyone, thanks for your insights...

Well, since I am not very up to reading lately, this card confuses me still:)) I hope things will clear up, I will follow your suggestions.

Ace

This person may be thinking deeply about another person, but WHAT they are thinking is another matter. I don't know this deck, but to me, the Hermit looks back and sees how far they have come along in their life. So, yes, this person does think about the other sometimes. But again, what do they think? The Hermit doesn't say.

Thirteen has the right of it, I think.
Ace

wind

Contemplation in this deck, that is the Goddess deck, shows a woman who is gently gazing at a little rabbit, reaching her arm towards it. It is a very lovely sight, gentle and kind, not withdrawn at all. There is a bond between two beings, one a human another an animal - a small rabbit:)

What was really stunning was the fact that when I asked again "does this person think about another person", I got V.Tradition and on it there is a woman, sitting calmly and gently holding a small bird in her hands, with both of them.

Quite amazing, I must admit! I had a feeling that this man is in a was protective towards the girl I was asking about. She is young, fragile, not grown yet (a little rabbit, a little bird) and he is wiser, stronger, older, he has to protect her.

Ace

Well, then the next question is: what does the girl WANT the guy to feel about her? right now, he is feeling fatherly or maybe avuncular, but not lover like at all IMHO.
Ace

Vadella

Thirteen said:
The Hermit likes to figure thing out; likes to take things apart, know how they work, shine a light on it.

My sister calls doing something like this: obsessed. I'm trying to get her to understand that figuring out the truth has nothing to do with obsession.