crystal ball : advice needed

lizzywitch

I have always wanted to own and learn to use a crystal ball...I have decided to buy one and am amazed at the many that are out there for sale...before I make a mistake I am hoping that some of you may be able to offer some advice about what best to buy/avoid and where the best place is to start...
I very much look forward to receiving your help

daveyboy

Crystals :)

Hi there LizzyWitch,

The way I normally look for a crystals or othersuch things is to find a shop where they sell them. And Try picking them up. You'll get an incling for which one you feel most comfortable with. That's the one you want. I've heard the phrase it calls to you.

Its kinda interesting as some people recon that by staring into your ball your optic nerves go into a state of relaxation. Could this be the bit where your imagination/guides take over? :) Anyone agree/disagree? :) What do you think?

Dave

psychic sue

I scry on all sorts of household objects! You do have to let your eyes de-focus, so I suspect you are right in your observation.

I too have ordered a crystal ball, so I would appreciate comments from more experienced people too.

Sue x

dragonsmistress

I have many CB...they vary in size, I prefer the ones that fit into my hand, I have a tendancy to "just hold" them when I feel the need....

When I scry with a CB I don't let my eyes de-focus...I just sit with the CB turning and looking for signs, usually as I turn the CB something will catch my attention, I know this is where I need to focus....you will only see what you are meant to, and sometimes I am not clear as to what I see, it comes to me later....lol

But anyway, didn't mean to babble....
Good advice about going to a shop and Handling them, if they will allow you to, if when you pick one up and something doesn't feel quite right, put it back....
You will know which one is right for you...

zorya

i prefer natural quartz crystal balls, but that's just me. i like things closest to the source. natural quartz will have inclusions. one with the least amount of inclusions or cloudiness would be considered superior. i buy most of my stones from a private rock hound/collector, so i know more-or-less how they were harvested and that the least amount of harm was done to the earth.

you can scry with alot of things. before buying a ball, you might want to try scrying with a bowl full of water. choose a very dark bowl (not plastic). i prefer to use rain, spring or other natural source of water, rather than tap water.

when scrying, i prefer to use indirect or low lighting. seeing a candle flame through or reflecting on the ball, is such a strong image, that for me it distracts, rather than enhances the experience.

after asking for assistance from my guides, grounding and connecting, i let go and allow. the images happen.

i think trying to see and expecting to see certain things, like fogs or hazes, interferes with the process.

i must not allow myself to try to analyze what i am seeing, to put a name to it, or to figure out what it symbolizes, or it is gone. i have to just open up and allow it.

at some point the image and.... can't find the word, but it is closest to a vision, that is sort of inside my head......... merge and become one. the ball is no longer separate from my thoughts, if that makes any sense it all.

i only begin to think about what i've seen, after i am finished.

hope this helps!

Emily

I only have the one crystal ball - I posted on here about it quite a few months ago. I picked it up very cheaply on a second hand market we have in our town. I held it for so long before paying for it, the stall-holder thought I'd grown roots :D.

Its a challenge to use but I'm at the stage now where I see clouds and swirling shapes but not really much I can identify with. I'm used to candle scrying so I use the same method, look into the ball and let my eyes go unfocused and try and empty my mind.

I find the main thing about crystal scrying is trying not to let reflections influence or get in the way. A crystal ball will pick up on any little spark of light or reflection, even yourself so I followed advice on here and cradle the ball in my palms over a dark cloth. Its alot of fun to use but a challenge. :)

psychic sue

My ball (due to arrive tomorrow! Yay!) is only 6mm, so I am going to cleanse it at my altar, and then carry it around with me for a while before I use it. Don't know why I just "feel" this is what I should do.

Great tip about the dark cloth - thanks for that. I have problems scrying sometimes because of reflections etc.

Sue x

Sulis

I have a rainbow obsidian sphere that my husband bought for me a few years ago as a Yule gift. It's called rainbow obsidian because it has an inclusion in it which looks like an eye (actually it looks more like a coloured whirlpool or whirlwind). It's quite hard to find because it's very subtle but it's beautiful.

I've tried scrying with my sphere but the most I get out of it is clouds and a swirly haze; I've neve actually been able to make anything out in it.
It is very good for meditating with and I use it for absorbing negative energies too.

Love

Sulis xx

tarotbear

Sulis~

I, too, have a 'black' crystal ball of obsidian - with two golden 'eyes.' I also have two or three rock crystal balls and one acrylic one that was a prop in a show I was in. One of the rock crystal ones was cut from a 'clump' (for lack of a better word) of crystals that had grown together and is split almost directly down the center! It has many worlds inside it, but, alas, I cannot scry worth a damn!

So, I took my cue from a statue of Ho Tei (sp?) where he is holding a white and a black crystal ball. I sit and meditate with the clear crystal ball in my dominant hand and the obsidian one in the other hand. That way I channel the meditation through the cyrstal,, through my body, and it is held and grounded by the obsidian, which also grounds out the excess energy.

Some day I'll get a sarong and have a Ho Tei picture taken of myself, with my arms raised over my head, holding one crystal ball in each hand. (I've got the stomach for it! LOL!)

psychic sue

tarotbear said:
Some day I'll get a sarong and have a Ho Tei picture taken of myself, with my arms raised over my head, holding one crystal ball in each hand. (I've got the stomach for it! LOL!)

Tarotbear -

I have a picture of Alistair Crowley (in his Autohagiography) in a similar pose to what you describe. Now of course, I will forever associate you with that picture !

My ball didn't come today - must be the Easter Post. I am SOOO disappointed! I'll be waiting for the postman tomorrow.

Sue