Crystal sphere - buy now or later?

Deanne

Hello all,

I've been very interested in getting a crystal sphere lately. I had never really considered the idea until about a month ago - and now I can't stop thinking about it!

I've been reading threads on here about choosing the right ball (consensus seems to be 'whatever you're comfortable with/drawn to) and on the best places to buy. Online seems to be discouraged - I get that, I prefer to see things in person anyway. Local psychic shops are recommended, but it seems rock and gem shows are the top suggestion.

There are a couple of psychic shops in my city. I've been to both of them before; they have just a small selection of spheres and they're quite pricy.

I had never heard of a rock and gem show before, so I looked this up. Apparently there's one coming to my city in October. Looks like it will be a large event, and pictures from previous years show a good selection of spheres. This really seems like my best bet, but it's months away!

So, do I check out the psychic shops now and see if something catches my eye? Or do I hold out for the show in October?

Any input is welcome, thanks!
Deanne

celticnoodle

Deanne, I've purchased spheres both at shops (and yes, they seem to be pricier here in shops then at fairs or online) and some online as well and at fairs. The online sales are generally best for your pocketbook, and while it is a bit of a gamble, as you never can be 100% sure the sphere will be what you thought, I did not regret my online purchases.

The sphere I purchased online was cheap enough that I figured even if it came in and I didn't really connect, I wasn't out too much money. Well, I bought a few this way at different times, and I never regretted any of the purchases. One in particular is a ball that I love and is also small enough to travel with me in my purse.

So, if you just can't wait, and don't want to spend too much money, I'd say go ahead and grab one from online. Or you can wait and save your money for one you are able to see first, hold and pick out for yourself. While waiting, Just grab a bowl you have in the house and fill it with water and practice scrying that way--or find a picture online of a sphere and gaze into the picture and scry. Either way works fine too! But, its also wonderful to have your very own!

danieljuk

Don't feel pressured Deanne, you can use anything to scry or learn, I use a black bowl with water in the most! you can use mirrors or anything. You don't need to get a sphere unless you want to! You could even use a mobile phone screen with the screen gone off so it's dark. I am in no hurry to find my perfect one.

I have bought crystals and stones on the internet and it's worked out fine but I feel I want to choose my ball or sphere or have it come to me in some sort of destined way. So I am in no hurry! But I want to be pulled to it in some way :) Just keep going to places where you can browse them :thumbsup:

GotH

So, do I check out the psychic shops now and see if something catches my eye? Or do I hold out for the show in October?

Any input is welcome, thanks!
Deanne
Currently I have 7 spheres which I've acquired through gift, new age store, online and gem show. This is how they work for me.

Ball 1 was a gift
Ball 2 I ordered online
Balls 3 and 4 picked me at a new age store
Balls 5, 6 and 7 I chose from a gem show

The ball that has blown my mind with amazing visions, smells and feelings was the gift. The balls that I purchased from the new age store are the ones that I do most of my reading work with as they are very chatty. The gem show balls I display openly as décor because I find them so attractive plus they are said to have protective properties. And my online ball pretty much just hangs out. This ball feels muted to me but the weird thing is I call it X-411 which to me means extra information. Perhaps it's a supplemental ball but I'm not totally sure. I feel I've neglected that one for some reason. I am however able to scry with all 7 of them (note that you can scry with anything) but each ball seems to have a different function that I'm still not fully aware of.

If you can't stop thinking about it, it means that the crystal world is getting you ready to receive one so you might as well go to the new age shop AND the gem show to see what pulls you.

Scrying and spheres isn't for everyone so before you begin spending a lot of money on them, take some time with one that calls or pulls you first.

Deanne

Thank you!

Deanne, I've purchased spheres both at shops (and yes, they seem to be pricier here in shops then at fairs or online) and some online as well and at fairs. The online sales are generally best for your pocketbook, and while it is a bit of a gamble, as you never can be 100% sure the sphere will be what you thought, I did not regret my online purchases.

The sphere I purchased online was cheap enough that I figured even if it came in and I didn't really connect, I wasn't out too much money. Well, I bought a few this way at different times, and I never regretted any of the purchases. One in particular is a ball that I love and is also small enough to travel with me in my purse.

So, if you just can't wait, and don't want to spend too much money, I'd say go ahead and grab one from online. Or you can wait and save your money for one you are able to see first, hold and pick out for yourself. While waiting, Just grab a bowl you have in the house and fill it with water and practice scrying that way--or find a picture online of a sphere and gaze into the picture and scry. Either way works fine too! But, its also wonderful to have your very own!

Hmm, I hadn't really considered that. I know I want a larger sphere, as I think I'd find that easier to use, but shipping becomes an issue there. But a small ball that I could carry with me sounds quite nice, and there were many smaller options that I liked. I'll look into that some more :)

Are there any particular places you like to buy from online? Or tips for choosing a reputable store?

Don't feel pressured Deanne, you can use anything to scry or learn, I use a black bowl with water in the most! you can use mirrors or anything. You don't need to get a sphere unless you want to! You could even use a mobile phone screen with the screen gone off so it's dark. I am in no hurry to find my perfect one.

I have bought crystals and stones on the internet and it's worked out fine but I feel I want to choose my ball or sphere or have it come to me in some sort of destined way. So I am in no hurry! But I want to be pulled to it in some way :) Just keep going to places where you can browse them :thumbsup:

I've tried scrying with other objects, and I like it, but it's the crystal aspect that's really enticing me right now.
And going to browse is a dangerous thing for me - I'm a notorious impulse buyer :) The last time I went to a book store I left with a book on Tarot, a book on spirit animals, a notebook, and 2 Tarot decks...and I hadn't intended to purchase anything, I was just killing some time before a movie!

Currently I have 7 spheres which I've acquired through gift, new age store, online and gem show. This is how they work for me.

Ball 1 was a gift
Ball 2 I ordered online
Balls 3 and 4 picked me at a new age store
Balls 5, 6 and 7 I chose from a gem show

The ball that has blown my mind with amazing visions, smells and feelings was the gift. The balls that I purchased from the new age store are the ones that I do most of my reading work with as they are very chatty. The gem show balls I display openly as décor because I find them so attractive plus they are said to have protective properties. And my online ball pretty much just hangs out. This ball feels muted to me but the weird thing is I call it X-411 which to me means extra information. Perhaps it's a supplemental ball but I'm not totally sure. I feel I've neglected that one for some reason. I am however able to scry with all 7 of them (note that you can scry with anything) but each ball seems to have a different function that I'm still not fully aware of.

If you can't stop thinking about it, it means that the crystal world is getting you ready to receive one so you might as well go to the new age shop AND the gem show to see what pulls you.

Scrying and spheres isn't for everyone so before you begin spending a lot of money on them, take some time with one that calls or pulls you first.

I really appreciate your thoughts, GotH. A couple of your spheres really pull me in (your Labradorite and the yellow-ish one, is it Citrine?).
I'm sure I'd find something I love at the psychic shops (heck, I find something I love any time I shop - for clothes, books, groceries, doesn't matter!). I'm just worried about spending that much and then not connecting well. The gem show has a much larger selection and lower prices, which seems the better bet, but patience is not a virtue of mine!

I may take celticnoodle's suggestion to tide me over until the show, and avoid the local shops if I can resist the temptation :)

celticnoodle

Hmm, I hadn't really considered that. I know I want a larger sphere, as I think I'd find that easier to use, but shipping becomes an issue there. But a small ball that I could carry with me sounds quite nice, and there were many smaller options that I liked. I'll look into that some more :)

Are there any particular places you like to buy from online? Or tips for choosing a reputable store?
oh geez....its been so long, I honestly cannot recall where online I purchased it. sorry!

I also thought the larger spheres would be easier to scry with, but to be honest with you, my smaller ones were the easiest ones! My daughter also scryed with my small clear ball, and she did so well w/it, that I gifted it to her. I'm not so good with scrying--she's a natural with it, much like GotH. But, honestly, I do miss it and now wish I had kept it. *sigh*

Deanne

oh geez....its been so long, I honestly cannot recall where online I purchased it. sorry!

I also thought the larger spheres would be easier to scry with, but to be honest with you, my smaller ones were the easiest ones! My daughter also scryed with my small clear ball, and she did so well w/it, that I gifted it to her. I'm not so good with scrying--she's a natural with it, much like GotH. But, honestly, I do miss it and now wish I had kept it. *sigh*

No problem, thanks for the advice in any case :)

I guess there's no way for me to know what I'll work best with until I try. I'll scout out some smaller options online, and hopefully hold off on something bigger until October (unless I decide to buy a small one there too, who knows!)

Aster Breo

You might check out www.metaphysicalrealm1.com. I've bought many rocks, including some spheres, from Deborah over the last 10 (?) years and always been happy with the quality and pricing. And her customer service is very good.

Deanne

You might check out www.metaphysicalrealm1.com. I've bought many rocks, including some spheres, from Deborah over the last 10 (?) years and always been happy with the quality and pricing. And her customer service is very good.

Wow!

Thank you so much for this link - the prices are fantastic (cheaper than ordering from China in some cases, which I wasn't willing to do). And while the sphere selection isn't huge there are some nice choices. I'm really drawn to the fluorite spheres, but they're still a bit pricy for me right now. Maybe I'll indulge in one down the road :)

For now, I got a 60 mm Selenite sphere, along with an Amazonite pendulum and a little onyx Raven figure for $47 (including shipping to Canada). Very happy with this purchase!

Aster Breo

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help!

I've had a selenite sphere (from that shop) for many years, and I love it. I've never used it for scrying, though.