"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

la-luna

I've mailed Mike about how the deck came into "being" and now i'm asking if i am permitted to post it here online...

defile959

Drat! I didn't follow the link until too late. I echo the sentiments some of you have posted here - to me the "Dark" deck seems much more unique and appealing than the "Light" deck.

Ahh well, another one to keep my eyes peeled for in the future. It would be interesting to see how many orders came from this thread on the forums alone... :)

Le Fanu

Seeker*13* said:
I don't know what that was, I saw the Deck and clicked order. Usually I think long and hard before I get a Deck, this happened so fast. First I ordered one, then maybe 20 minutes after that, I made the next order. It's funny to read the thread, and how many People were doing the same..
I just went wild. I was keeping a low profile until I was into a new month with my credit card :D. No more tarot purchases, no more purchases of anything, in fact, on my credit card, until after Christmas! :D

But I saw that deck and just had to have it, and generally, new releases just don't get me that excited. I'm more into buying better editions / different editions of long time favourites. But there is something which really grabs me about this deck; the colouring, the atmosphere, something old-fashioned about that sepia one. Like a tarot deck that has always existed. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out it was published just last month!

Just to get this straight; the deluxe is the same as the standard except with a spreadcloth, right? Same cardstock, same size... (feeling uneasy that I might have missed something :eek:)

Dusk Till Dawn

Le Fanu said:
I just went wild. I was keeping a low profile until I was into a new month with my credit card :D. No more tarot purchases, no more purchases of anything, in fact, on my credit card, until after Christmas! :D

But I saw that deck and just had to have it, and generally, new releases just don't get me that excited. I'm more into buying better editions / different editions of long time favourites. But there is something which really grabs me about this deck; the colouring, the atmosphere, something old-fashioned about that sepia one. Like a tarot deck that has always existed. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out it was published just last month!

Just to get this straight; the deluxe is the same as the standard except with a spreadcloth, right? Same cardstock, same size... (feeling uneasy that I might have missed something :eek:)
It's just the Spreadcloth , otherwise same thing. At least what it says on the Website.

Le Fanu

Seeker*13* said:
It's just the Spreadcloth , otherwise same thing. At least what it says on the Website.
*centred again* (tx :))

photokat

Annabelle said:
About the fast sell-out . . . no doubt some resellers bought multiples (as in more than just 1 + a backup).

Personally, I bought one "light" and two "dark," getting the very last "dark" deluxe.

I also bought 1 light and 2 dark decks. So if on average, each of us bought multiple copies, the thread had well over 4000 views in 48 hrs and the deck being "limited" at a decent price - that guarantees a quick sellout.

The fear oh the fear - the biggest force behind tarot shopping!

strings of life

photokat said:
LMAO! And true.

I'm inclined to feel that while it may have been hype for some, there was also some true desire for the deck from others.

I just viewed the one large card of the Dark deck and love the shading in it. The design looks vintage and since I am particular, I knew that if I passed on it, I'd regret it later.

Le Fanu

photokat said:
:D :D :D

So true. There is no greater force in tarot shopping than the fear! the fear!

However, I proclaim myself as one of the rare few who bought it out of "true desire" ;)

Not fear. })

Just to set the record straight.