Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

tarotlyn

:heart::) Hey...just a doggone minute!!! i paid 'before' the kickstarter ended AND i am in the USA...

i do NOT have my deck...and have not received a single word from him regarding anything lately!
Certainly no email from him saying he had any kind of postage problems.

i can't believe this...what is wrong here? i wish he would be more honest with some of us?

i know everyone says it doesn't happen that often on kickstarter...but guess what...i am done with it!

:heart: Lyn

gregory

I don't believe he is dishonest, just disorganised. But I do wish for a word from about paying the postage. I'd be glad to.

strings of life

That IS weird, as his website says no orders placed there will go out till all the kickstarter ones are mailed.

I feel rather discomfited to hear that you have yours - nothing personal. We backers are what made it possible for him to sell them on his site in the end :mad:
For the first time, I agree with you on the topic of this deck. I took a somewhat relaxed approach in regards to what was going on until now.

I don't like that people who paid for the deck on his site already have theirs; that's unfair to those if us that funded the project.

Is there anyway to contact him?

gregory

I have messaged through his kickstarter page. I don't doubt that we will GET them, but this latest just seems unfair.

tarotlyn

I don't believe he is dishonest, just disorganised. But I do wish for a word from about paying the postage. I'd be glad to.
:heart: gregory, hon, how is that disorganized to tell backers that he will send their decks first
and then turn around and accept yet more money from new people that didn't even back him
when he needed it? Surely he knows he is doing that? Right? He does have my name on his
email mailing list. So he does know that I backed him and he knows he owes me a deck.

So 'why' then is he taking more money from his website for decks and actually mailing
them to those people before us, the ones that backed him and paid him a LONG TIME AGO?

gregory, this is more than just disorganization. It is totally not right.

:heart: Lyn

shadowomyn

This looks like a neat deck, but considering the shipping issues I'll have to pass on it for awhile. It's too bad that he didn't anticipate the costs better.

VGimlet

My patience has now slipped a bit too.

I don't expect artists to shmooze with us here, or make nice. It's nice to get to know the artist, but I give artists LOTS of leeway, no matter if I know them or not. Not just on tarot projects, also. But I do expect an update now and then.

I understood things happen, and the cost was underestimated. I felt that 20 dollars for a deck was an awesome price. It looks like a great deck, and I still have hopes that it will arrive.

I agree, it would be good if there was an option for the original supporters to pay for postage if we wanted our decks faster. Yeah, I know artists are supposed to abide by the original agreement, but personally I'd be okay with it.

I am not giving up on kickstarter, and hopefully this deck will show up at some point but I might, unfortunately, not support artists I am not familiar with any longer. Which is too bad.

Alta

This just came in my email:
Dan Donche said:
Okay so I'm setting a new goal to get all the rest of the decks shipped out in the next two weeks. I realize it's been forever and I want to just get everyone their stuff as soon as possible. In case you haven't seen any of the previous updates, there were several unforeseen things in the process that left me nothing afterward for shipping.

One of those was that so many people ordered I ended up having to increase the original quantity, which ate up all the money I had factored in for shipping. So while this is no one's fault but my own, I am not asking for donations or any of that to help cover shipping.
He also added a pitch to buy some of his art.

Essjay

He's posted something similar on his facebook page basically saying that we can help him by buying stuff from his store.

a_gnostic

He's posted something similar on his facebook page basically saying that we can help him by buying stuff from his store.
So, I did! Ordered a deck, knowing full well that artists are messy, disorganized, temperamental creatures. I believe in him... And you can bet he's getting hammered, and that is taking a toll on him. Just one guy... Karma, folks, karma!