Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Priestess-Isis

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
Which might ATTRACT you to it!

What attracted me to it WAS the artwork..but not because it's all women...the colors are vibrant and just blew me away...so did the Witch card...Has nothing to do with my sexuality..but that's just me. could be different for someone else.

FantasyWorld

I'm not sure I really like this card. A woman giving birth on an Elephant, come on...I guess the Elephant symbolizes strength and power. I don't have it in front of me right now so I can't remember what else the card shows.

I think some cards seem like "Wicca" but not all of them per se.
If all of my decks were strongly "Lesbian", that would bother me but since they aren't I don't mind it.

Ace: I probably won't read with this deck either. I may use the cards for meditation though.

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
I'm not sure I really like this card. A woman giving birth on an Elephant, come on...I guess the Elephant symbolizes strength and power. I don't have it in front of me right now so I can't remember what else the card shows.

I think some cards seem like "Wicca" but not all of them per se.
If all of my decks were strongly "Lesbian", that would bother me but since they aren't I don't mind it.

Ace: I probably won't read with this deck either. I may use the cards for meditation though.

You could use the deck for yourself when looking to your self-growth...also with your spirituality.

I don't like the Empress/Mawu card either. It speaks only Fertility and the Empress is much more than a baby machine!

WhiteRaven

and I just noticed we are talking about Mawu in Isis thread...roflol! :laugh:

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
and I just noticed we are talking about Mawu in Isis thread...roflol! :laugh:
Oh @#@$##*&*
Opps:)

Ace

I thought the green beam was part of her dress, an open gore as it were or the pinnicle of a support like a pyramid. this is very much a Goddess person, showing that she has the power. Like a traditional version where the HP holds a scroll, she holds a crystal ball that she can see the answers in by scrying. It is rather....staid? unmovable? stable? but the High Priestess IS stable, she waits for the people to come to HER. So this, thinking about it, is rather traditional!

THE HP as I have said elsewhere, is the librarian of the deck, not because she is female, but because she is the holder of the information. Ask her the right questions, and she will give it to you straight.

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
I thought the green beam was part of her dress,

yep...by George I think the woman wins the door prize folks :)

Heck..don't look for any crown or Emus cuz they are stuck in some oven in who knows where? (Internal Joke...Chat section...ahem...cough...gag...)

Ace

WhiteRaven said:
Heck..don't look for any crown or Emus cuz they are stuck in some oven in who knows where? (Internal Joke...Chat section...ahem...cough...gag...)

yes, she said dryly. I saw it. Congrats on your 1000 post. I want you all to know: big mouth Barb (A/K/A Ace) is already past the person who referred me to AT, and she has been a member since....? a couple of years anyway, and I joined in July. Numbers don't mean wisdom, that is for sure! Boredom, maybe, but not wisdom!