DECK OF THE MONTH -MAY 2013 sign up thread

Mi-Shell

By the way: Where IS everybody???
We started off with what? 15 people!?
Where are you guys??

conurelover

Legacy of the Divine - The Hanging Man

Lol. I am still here. :)

The Hanging Man-Are you struggling with decisions that you need to take time with in your life?

The Hanging Man is the Fool from Card 0. He balances in suspension on a purple ribbon above a little reflective pool. There is a giant moon behind him. His Fool's mask is falling off. He is not the traditional upside down hanging by one foot Hanging Man. He is suspended in the middle of a ballet dancing leap. Twelve columns (Card 12) are visible behind him as a sideways hourglass is visible in the mirror underneath him. He is dropping nine coins into the pool. The LWB (it is actually a pretty big LWB) tells us of Odin hanging in the World Tree when he discovered runes. I see it as letting go of the material things like money and his mask - a sacrifice.
What is the Hanging Man thinking about or trying to do. We make decisions based on the material. Everyone does. The Fool does not need his mask - sacrifice. He reminds to re-evaluate and sacrifice for something better. The Hanging Man steps away from the joys of life and the joyful ballet dancing leap a little while to invest the time in the mirror to search for a deeper, spiritual meaning. The Hanging Fool must accept, like all of us, what has come before to move on to a new phase of life - a better phase- because that is what we are all trying to sacrifice for afterall. Don't make hasty important decisions based on the material. Reflect and evaluate. Is this where you want to be in the next phase of your life spiritually?

This card reminds me a tiny bit of the Four of Swords but the Hanging Man represents a much deeper level of reflection on a spiritual level and sacrifice on a spiritual level. Whereas, the Four of Swords is representative of a resting type of reflection or recovery.

swedishfish612

lol, I'm still working with my Silver, but I haven't been posting. I've been dragged low by ongoing nausea, a cold I can't shake, a sick child, and worries about whether or not my job will be eliminated. But I'm cheering you all on!

conurelover

Oh my goodness! Hoping it calms down for you Swedishfish and you don't lose the job!

Kathy123

Okay everyone :)

For those still hanging in there... I will be out of town for the rest of the week for my daughters University Graduation!!!!

So, here are the cards for the days, and a link to the website where I have been tweeking the questions from: http://www.tarotteachings.com/ It is a GREAT website, so head on over there with your cards and pick a question from the choices for your journaling. Otherwise, here are some journaling ideas:

Monday: The World: Am I ready to accept my highest achievement?
Tuesday: The Sun: How do I begin remove blockages in my life?
Wednesday: The Wheel: Do you take the time to consider the consequences of your thoughts and actions?
Thursday: The Hierophant: Am I disciplined and committed to spiritual development?
Friday: Justice: Am I taking healthy responsibility for my actions?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HUNG ON WITH ALL THE JOURNALING EXERCISES, WE HAVE MADE IT THROUGH ALL THE MAJORS! WAY TO GO!!

TOMORROW I WILL BE SETTING UP THE SIGN UP THREAD FOR JUNE... DON'T WORRY, WON'T BE AS LABOUR INTENSIVE AS THIS MONTH :)

THANKS TO ALL THOSE STILL HERE :) WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT!

Mi-Shell

Mythical Goddesses Tarot The suit of Earth:

The suit of Earth:
This suit is my favourite :)
Not so much because of the images, but because I see myself as a child of the Earth and see reflected the whole bandwidth of earthly experiences.

Ace of Earth = Manifestation reminds me of my work in Yucatan, among the Maya people. This image somehow reminds me of the Green Chilly Goddess and her abundant garden.

Earth 2 = Cycles is the sacred Orobora, forever consuming itself as well as birthing itself. Cycles and seasons slipping into aeons of forever.

Earth 3 is called Works. Why works and not work?? the daily dance of balance we all have to participate in – and hopefully not stumble too often. Sometime it is draining and we would looove to just sit down – for a while.... Would then the surface beneath us open and swallow us?

Earth 4 is called Boundaries. Well defined and un moving – some have to be, some we are banging against until they move – just a little, so we can get through, so we can get out, so we can grow and not be stagnant. The Goat's horns also remind me of stubbornness.... and of the conucopia , that life itself promises.
I wrote about Earth 5 = Manipulation before...
Sometimes the strings force us to move, sometimes the strings of love and life are the very thing, that holds us up..... may we be safe from exhaustion, from wanton manipulators, from the temptation to manipulate others and from becoming someone's puppet.

Earth 6 = Success – the proverbial pot of Gold. That one is in the Basement right now. We have to invest it, but where??? Where would you safely put your pot of gold, once you got it?

Earth 7 = failure – I wrote about that one too – somewhere.... Do not pave over the shin of our Mother the living Earth! It is not ours!!!
What will you eat, when all that is left is concrete and plastic?

Earth 8 = nuturance is a beautiful and peaceful image. The world as we all would like it!I just hope, she also grows some food, not only flowers...
I am missing a Bee in the picture :(

Earth 9 = Community is simply beautiful. A dream come true in full colors! It keeps me hoping and wishing and reminiscing of circles like this, I have been a part of.....

Earth 10 = Fruition is bringing home the harvest. I also like to see an African Sister in this image! :)

Child of Earth is called Design. He is holding an Acorn – the promise – the very beginning of a new mighty Tree :)
May that Tree grow, May it shelter many children over its long life. May nobody come and replace it with concrete and plastic.

Maiden of Earth – Beauty is showing us a heavy set young woman. Good for her! She is taking it easy in her garden. I would looooove to know, what the strange igloo-like huts are in the background. Does she live there? I will have to ask the Butterflies that surround her....

Mother of Earth = Birth. Here the verdant green Earth gives birth to herself in the form of bright red Flowers. .... My memory floats back to the days, when I celebrated my menstrual Blood.... What an affirmative image!
The Crone of Earth = Ascension :
She is the most abstract of the images in this deck. The Feather tells me, that she dropped her Earthly robe and is pure Spirit. She is really not there in physical form anymore. She is more of an idea, an emotional imprint on our Soul.
I love her for that.

Attachments

• DSCN0895.jpg
    DSCN0895.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 59

conurelover

Legacy of the Divine the World and the Sun

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation Kathy. :)

Thanks for taking the beautiful picture of the Earth Suit of your deck Mi-Shell.

The World: Am I ready to accept my highest achievement?

Completion. The Fool has finished the cycle. His mask is off as he is balancing on his tip-toes on top of an hourglass. His arms are out at his sides like he has just finished an Olympic gymnastics routine (sorry it really does!) He floats above earth with the stars and instead of the traditional wreath he is surrounded by the 12 signs of the Zodiac.

The Fool has reached his highest achievement from the culmination of his tribulations, efforts, awarenesses, and lessons. He floats above a globe because from there he has all of the perspectives he needs to reach the next level of divinity and he achieved that goal with patience and introspection. Oh yes I am definitely ready to accept my highest achievement but I know I am not there yet. Still some trials to go...

The Sun: How do I remove blockages in my life?

Joy, Optimism, Energy, Life, Ego. This deck has another different MA card like the World. In it a robed astrologer studies a model of the solar system in a great gilded university hall. At the center of the model is the huge burning ball of the sun. The sun really takes over the hall and the card. I think it could negatively take over you too.
The sun brings us all life, energy, and the pure light that reveals all. But, what happens when you get too much sun? You get burned. Don't let your ego rule you and think you deserve all this shining glory the sun brings. Too much confidence and megolomania can block goals and pretty soon the sun won't be shining on you. On the other hand the sun brings optimisim and joy. These are the two tools too that can remove blockages in your path to your goals...to the ultimate card mentioned earlier-the World.

Mi-Shell

Mythical Goddessse Tarot

I am still journalling - but it is too private to put here.

But with this deck I have somehow achieved a "natural closing point".
Will I continue to use it? No, it is too shallow for my taste. It will become a present for one of my students...
Have I learned something? Yes :) I always do and journalling was/ is fun.

The card backs of this deck are stunning:)
My favourite card: Crone of Earth - in the picture with the close second, the Crow Woman
My least favourite card:2 of winds = the 2 blue-green Flamingoes. The artwork looks unfinished. on the picture it is with a few others, I do not care for at all...
I feel, this deck is more suited for journalling and daily meditations than for Tarot readings.

I have my Deck of the month for June already on our Family Altar and can not wait for June 1st to arrive!
:)
Blessings to all, who worked with us throughout this thread

Attachments

• DSCN0909.jpg
    DSCN0909.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN0904.jpg
    DSCN0904.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0906.jpg
    DSCN0906.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 44

conurelover

Leg of the Div - The Wheel and Faith(Heirophant)

I agree. Some of my journal entries were too private to put here too.
:)
So here is The Wheel. 10. And all of the 10s
And all of the cards with 10 in the Legacy of the Divine. The Wheel card depicts each of the four suits around a gold wheel. The signs of the Zodiac and the letters T A R O decorate its center. The Fool is in various positions on each of its four quadrants. Ah yes, the mountainous valley below is the same from the preceding Hermit card except this valley is not cloaked in darkness. A card reader once told me that 10 is the ending of things when you read. Does that mean that the Wheel is the ending of good luck or bad luck?
The other 10s in the deck:
10 of Cups-a sleeping cat and dog in front of a roaring fireplace. 10 wineglasses decorate the card. Ending- The home, family, happiness. A warm roof over their heads.
10 of Coins-Coins, jewels, and roses fill a treasure chest. Ending-you succeeded in your wise investments securing future for you and your family and the generations that follow. I see that is the beginning too.
10 of Swords-a man looks to cry out in pain as ten swords stab his back. This is a horrible card no doubt. Is there any worse in the deck? This is definitely an ending to something or something that is about to come to an end. And what a horrible end it is too!
10 of Wands-Ugh this man must carry a horribly shaped triangle of ten wands up a hill. Someone is dependent to him. He is a codependent or carries the burdens of another. I don't know how this is seen as an ending unless the burden is being lifted away from this person. Maybe I can explore the 10 of Wands more in the future.
So that is two positive type meanings and two negative type of meanings depending on how you choose to see them. Like the Wheel-it is always turning so hang on for better luck or prepare for what is to come.

Faith(the Heirophant) 5 and all of the other 5s
This card shows representatives from the four major religions. Muslim, Christian, Judaism, and Hindu. It reminds people of the importance of traditions, morals, and principles no matter what kind of spirituality you practice.
So people always say the 5s of the Tarot come across with negative meanings.
Let's see.
5 of Wands-5 angry men branch out of the trunk of the same dead tree with club and appear to want to strike eachother. Dragons fight behind them. Hostility, anger, madhouse, unstability.
5 of Cups-a girl crouches in some dark alley crying. She really looks like she had a bad night or a breakup and has succumbed to a night of drinking and she is crying. She is holding two unbroken wineglasses. To a lot of people this card represents disappointment and loss. One of my tarot books has another explanation that won't work with the imagery of this card. It says inheritance or a mixed message. But that can still be seen negatively because inheritance only follows loss.
5 of Swords-a scruffy looking fellow gathers swords from a spent battlefield. He might be victorious but is taking the swords necessary? This card represents degradation and doing something that gives you a bad reputation and acting without honor.
5 of Coins-a beggar woman is outside of a church in the cold. She looks so sad. This card represents a neglect in your spiritual and mental health - or really she feels like she is left out in the cold.
But the Heirophant to me is not a negative card unless someone is not spiritually well and is doubting their practices. That is really open to everyone's own interpretation. :)

Like the picking of favorite cards and least favorite cards. Must do that a little later! :)

conurelover

Legacy of the Divine

Favorite cards-Ace of Wands-dragons, 7 of Wands-priestess in front of some mythic portal guarding the door, 9 of Wands-just loved the artist's portrayal, Queen of Swords-because I always pick her out of the deck as me, the Star.
Least favorite-the World was weak in my mind and could have been prettier and the Sun just really wasn't as cheerful as I thought it should be. I thought the Sun should have been shining on living things. I really disliked half of the suit of Coins. Also the woman dancing on the the 3 of Cups made me ask what was the point of one person on the card.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/legacy-divine/

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...rot&qpvt=legacy+of+the+divine+tarot&FORM=IGRE

I will put it away and take it out in a little while. I think that I probably would not have bought this deck if I saw it first in person. The black borders really do not appeal to me. I read better on a light background for some reason.